Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Test ride a 650cc bike with a restricted licence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

sainttm
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 31 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Test ride a 650cc bike with a restricted licence Reply with quote

Hi ya all again,

I have finally decided that I want to get a BMW F650 GS 2001/2 model. I have one snag now (besides the considable amount of money you need for a Beemer) that is how can I test ride a bike that has 50bhp on a 33bhp restricted licence?

I know you can ride a bike that is restricted but chances are that the dealer wont restrict a bike for a test ride on the off chance ill buy it. I more than likely would if it was good.

Now I wont be looking untill march/april sort of time when the new models come out, hopefully making the older models that bit cheaper.

Cheers
Shane
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:35 - 01 Jan 2005    Post subject: Re: Test ride a 650cc bike with a restricted licence Reply with quote

I doubt most dealers will be that bothered, or probably know about it unless you tell them. Make it clear you are very interested and you should be cool if they're an ok dealer.

Otherwise, you could try looking at private sales. For actually going buying the bike I would personally go fo rthe private sale anyway. You will save a fair bit of money and are more able to assess how the bike's been treated.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 277 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 31.75 Kb