Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Valentines Silverstone GP...?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 View related event: Silverstone Trackday (14 Feb) View previous topic : View next topic  

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are people travelling to this? Night before or early morning stylee?

Jon - what exactly happened to your lung? Did one of your ribs puncture it? Did they put a chest drain in? They did mine under a local anethetic, was quite discincerting to watch them sticking a scapal into my side. Neutral However I do seem to have made a pretty full recovery in terms of lung capacity. Smile

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 17:17 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split the wall around the lung causing air pockets to get in. This happened a while back but as I spend a lot of time down the fitness gym (rowing, running etc.) I was literally pumping air into it leading to it collapsing on Tuesday. Eventually completely collapsed on Saturday where I was operated. They went through the chest (chest drain) and 'sucked' the air out. Still only running on 1 and a half lungs as it's taking it's time to get back to shape. Apparently any knock or pull can cause air to re-enter so I've been told to stay away from bikes for a couple of months. Can ride on the road in a week or two just can't take a knock.

Trying to walk with a collapsed lung really hurts bit dumb of me not doing anything about it until a few days later Laughing

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 18:52 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

u still gonna bring the pitbike jon Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 23:46 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:

I was going to ask this, if there is a spare space in a car or something that will keep me a little bit warm (not a tent) then i would go down the night before, if not ill be getting up at 5:30.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 15:10 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:

Early morning stylee, leaving here around 5:30 in the morning Shocked

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 15:41 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay a 300mile day for me then!
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:11 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome to stay at mine the night before Jay.

Still about an hour (maybe less on a bike) to get there in the morning and further the day before, but gives you a bit of a rest.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:26 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer, its not a lot more than an hour from here so ill just leave it till the morning. Might be dragging a friend along if i can convince her the my ridieng isnt that bad. Razz
J

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:33 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, didn't notice 'a day'... 300 miles in just over an hour would be impressive Smile.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:36 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even the hornet can go that fast! and if it could i dont think my arms are that strong.
Laughing
J

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 21:00 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon Jon boy...

There's no chance that I'll be able to get away from work, so can't even go there to spectate.

Have a good day out there. Thumbs Up

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:00 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose there is a spare ticket floating about?
It's the missus birthday on the 14th and she's made a big deal about me staying at home but now she's changed her mine and invited her mum over instead.....bloody women.
I live on the side of the circuit and let me tell you if you have a ticket you'd be better off selling it as weather this time of the year really stinks, we get snow, hail and fog most days.
I wonder who will fall for my cunning plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!muughhahah...... I am sooooooooo clever, I am as clever as He-man!!

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 21:41 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give foucused a call, you might get lucky, or at the least end up on the wating list, as you live so close its not a huge problem if you dont get on track. Ill even pick you up from the end of the drive to show you the way if you like.
J

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:24 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still want that caliper?

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:47 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
You still want that caliper?

Hell yeah!! What you got in mind?

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 18:53 - 10 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1916?x=0&post=post&code=code&y=0

\o/ Very Happy
J

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:48 - 11 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to focussed this morning and was laughed at thinking I might still get a place.... I was then given a name of a guy I can go see early in the morning, do the briefing and then go home, if by 10 am someone fails to turn up I get a phone call and Bobs your uncle well in my case he's my father.

If there is even the slightest sniffle of rain I'm not even getting out of bed.

All being well, TDR or GSXR? that is the question?

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 17:38 - 11 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

u might have a chance
looked at weather, says snow on the ground for sunday
so if it dont melt by monday, ull get a places
there will probably be loads of places

Feels like -7 :s
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:49 - 11 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrboy wrote:

All being well, TDR or GSXR? that is the question?

Bring both, stick the 'pass' sticker on a bit of plastic and stick that on your bike Smile

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man i wanna come along, trust me to balls up my test..again Mad Crying or Very sad
But if any one from around Merry Hill Shopping Centre way is going and will give me a lift i'll come *Hint, Hint* Rolling Eyes Wink Smile

G2f

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 00:33 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah common G2F, u can do it
pass ur god dam test
isnt this the 7th time Razz

well soon all be 18 and u cant join the elite 17 year olds on fast bikes crew

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, wait heres the list...
1st time - Failed
2nd time - cancelled
3rd time - cancelled
4th time - Failed

Going for a 5th time on the 24th Feb, I need EVERYONES LUCK lol Laughing Laughing

So anyone gonna give me a lift Very Happy Wink ??
G2f

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and i'll start my own new improved ( Laughing Rolling Eyes ) 17 elite crew hehehe

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:10 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be interesting Laughing

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 14:12 - 13 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

Well I'm putting my faith in the bbc forcast, they say https://dusty.my-site.me.uk/sun.jpg for Silverstone tomorrow.

Although they are edging their bets with today's forcast - https://dusty.my-site.me.uk/today.jpg. Confused Confused Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4