Off - Road

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

K!K @
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Off - Road Reply with quote

Hi Dudes,
Due to my resiant lack of succes on the road i decided to start off - roading.
i have just aquarid a Yamaha DT 125 E.
does anybody know anywere close to my area i could off road without been chased or kicked off by the bastard parkies ??? Middle Finger
Also does anybody know of any accessory's i need (the best to have stuff) Obviously i know i need a helmet ect.

Also An tips if any of you off - road. Thumbs Up

Any help is Gooooooooooood.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would help if you told us what area you lived in Wink

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:09 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are only planning on off roading and not using your bike on the road I would recommend that you sell your bike and get a motocross or dedicated off-road bike. You will have far more fun that way in my opinion.

You could go down to your local police station and ask them for any safe places to ride. Some police stations can be helpful and others will just fog you off. No harm in trying though.

Also, I would recommend buying Trials and Motocross News. I think it comes out every Friday. In there you will find advert for local practice tracks and local meets. Go to a local meet and ask around for places where people go riding. I’m sure there will be places you can go.

As for kit, obviously a helmet is the most important purchase. As your only using it off road there’s no need to go for anything too expensive. Then I’d go for boots and gloves. Again no need to go for anything too expensive just what ever feels comfortable. You can start adding things like body armour and things like that if you are getting into it a bit more. I only usually wear my body armour when I’m out riding with others but I don’t bother so much if I’m alone as I wont be pushing it so hard and I don’t need to worry about crashing into anyone else. Things like body armour, knee guards etc. are good for protecting you from debris flying up from bikes that are in front of you. If you don’t want to buy things like that make sure that you are the best rider so you can stay out in front! Thumbs Up

Hope this helps.

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiderOfTheStorm wrote:
If you are only planning on off roading and not using your bike on the road I would recommend that you sell your bike and get a motocross or dedicated off-road bike. You will have far more fun that way in my opinion.

Then he would need a trailer to transport it to the off road location. It would also cost a fair amount more for maintenance. A DT is fine off road. Enough power, decent handling and the added bonus of being able to ride it where you want on the roads.

The 'asking police' plan is a pretty good idea. They should be able to let you know where the quiet green lanes are, (another advantage of the DT. Wink )

I'm guessing your bike isnt very loud? If so, you may well get away with some field riding. Not a lot locals could complain about if you arent being a nuisance.

Love the bike by the way, cant beat the older DT's! Thumbs Up Mr. Green

K!K @
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sos man i live in leeds. I still go to work and back on my katana.
I dont want to buy a swarn off road bike coz if i dont like it its a waste of a bike Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 20:55 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to do some off roading, I'd get a DR350 and then supermoto it. If it rains just go up the green lanes. Smile
But my tarty side won't let me sell my ZXR. Confused

https://www.chnoche.ch/Bilder/DR350.jpg
O YES! Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ebo
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:05 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I road off road since i was a grass hoper till i got a legal road bike (i still do), and in my years i've learned to :

avoide others tracks, (oh yeah and pot holes)

if your a tad worried about a hill or jump build up to it on other things of similar size before you try it.

Most importantly make sure your bike is in good running order! Sounds daft but my mate didnt and now he has pins and plates...

Thumbs Up Then have some fun!!! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

scott_hood_88
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:51 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if your using the dt as a pure off road bike disconnect all the lights tape them off and label the wires (so you can put them back when you come to sell) get a race board on the front, and off road tires are a must, the dt comes with road/trail tires which are really not the best on the brown stuff.

Scott
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1