Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

trip luggage

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 18:54)
View previous topic : View next topic  

v4forlife
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:51 - 08 Jan 2005    Post subject: trip luggage Reply with quote

ok, since im panning this trip to the ring this summer, i was wondering, how much luggage am i going to need?

i was thinking about the diff ways to carry, like tank bag, panniers, backpack, bungee net. so which would you lot recomend for a weeks ish stay? a combination of some, or all of them? and please remember im on an nc30, so its just an ickle bike.
im doin this early so i dont have to worry about it later
im so responsable i am Very Happy
cheers
will
v4

matlow
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:20 - 09 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm doing a similar thing this easter, i was planning on tank bag soft paniers and possible sleeping bag where a soft tail bag would go.

i plan to have a days ride out with all the clobber on the bike to get feel for the weight etc...

i know this isnt talking from experience but, anythings better than nothing right Very Happy

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 09 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember to distribute the weight evenly in the panniers. 400 will cope with luggage fine, just place the panniers far enough back that they don't rub your legs when riding. Thumbs Up

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 09 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, Tank Bags will do nicely. I know Hein Gerike are doing 40 quid double tiered tankbags from 80 and i might think about getting one - 40 litres in capacity, so that can easily hold a weeks clothing, maps, shoes, camera in it - has a waterproof map pocket and i'm sure with 400's the tanks are flat enough to take them. Oh, make sure you don't catch the panniers on the exhaust. I'd think about putting a fat arse duffle bag onto the back and secure using bungee hooks, cargo nets and the like - they're very big and versatile and less hassle than panniers - At least this is what i would carry if i WERE to go touring - SOON when i get my 600.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 09 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how good these are?

Seems like a goood deal, I went and bought it a while back just for a trip up scotland, but have yet to use it. Don't look the most well built soft luggage, but looks sturdy enough Smile

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30240&item=7946471102&rd=1

aqualung1
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:42 - 09 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

if not camping you can reduce stuff immensly either take small amount of washing powder or dispose of old t shirts/undies on way

this also leaves room for new stuff

( must scare heck out of cleaning maids in hotels though Smile)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

matlow
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:08 - 09 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Anyone know how good these are?

Seems like a goood deal, I went and bought it a while back just for a trip up scotland, but have yet to use it. Don't look the most well built soft luggage, but looks sturdy enough Smile

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30240&item=7946471102&rd=1

exactly the one i saw when looking and i was going to get it till a friend came good with a borrowable set.

i dont think you'll get anything else cheaper, although that made me think it might not be such a good thing Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1