Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brands Hatch Saturday PACE Day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 View related event: Brands Hatch PACE day (5 Mar) View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:33 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
/me pokes korn to bring pit bike, so it's easier to get around for taking pics, this time Smile

No room for it I'm afraid, Jon & his Hornet are catching a lift so the van is pretty much filled.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 16:41 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just booked Wink I didn't ask how many spacers were left sorry Sad he got talking to me about zxr400 tuning and I forgot Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:55 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just booked it G Thumbs Up, also they said they're "almost fully booked now".

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:58 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, cheers Thumbs Up.

Dance!

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 10:19 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Booked! for inters Thumbs Up sounded like i just got in Smile.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a thought, shall we say aim for pit 17....

no reason other than it's where we have been for the last two BCF Brands outings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

swaffs wrote:
Just as a thought, shall we say aim for pit 17....

Sounds good to me, I might know who I'm looking for then!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:30 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there is a big (high, not long) red post office style van with a roller rear door.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:40 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I should be there is a big (high, not long) red post office style van with a roller rear door.

You didnt mention the battered bit.
J

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:41 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:

You didnt mention the battered bit.
J

Have you seen how post office Van Drivers drive? I'd be worried something was dodgy if it wasn't battered.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:52 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Saying that our posty's new van (54reg) had a huge dint in the bonet about 3 weeks after the 54 registration came out. Tis still like that now!
J

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 21:26 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any info from ESS? Just i've had a few bits of post go missing recently and i'm sure i had the info last time before now.
J

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:
Has anyone had any info from ESS? Just i've had a few bits of post go missing recently and i'm sure i had the info last time before now.
J

Yeah I got mine at the weekend. There's nothing really in it though, just the receipt/confirmation and some advertising stuff. There's not even the usual disclaimer that they send beforehand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 22:02 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:
J

Haven't had anything yet, thought it was a bit strange as I got it quite early last time.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 00:35 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing in the confirmation letter that you actually need, just their standard receipt type thing. If you want to double check with them just give them a ring, the number's 0870 241 5159.I should be aiming to arrive fairly early so will look for pit 17, will be in a bright yellow transit van.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 01:40 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
G is that RS250 still ok for borrowing? If not i can hire an R6 Twisted Evil but would pefer 250.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:31 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall be aiming to get there about 7 ish. When I went a few weeks ago, the M25 was shut 2 junctions before the exit so have a backup route through Orpington prepared !!! I passed lots of confused vans/trailers !!

Here's to frozen mirrors/visor at anything over 60mph !!!! if last month was anything to go by.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:19 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:

G is that RS250 still ok for borrowing? If not i can hire an R6 Twisted Evil but would pefer 250.

Yep, usual conditions apply; you brake it, you fix it, (yes that /does/ apply to everyone Rolling Eyes). Would probably be best if the race fairings were put back on; something which I probably won't have time to do.

Will need to work out logistics.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 12:45 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

swaffs wrote:
Here's to frozen mirrors/visor at anything over 60mph !!!! if last month was anything to go by.

Oooo fun!
J

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 15:04 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I can come round this weekend maybe if my foot mends itself, cassy wants to come watch? i take it theres no room in van?

Luke

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Advice needed :?: Reply with quote

Need advice.

as many of you know I've picked up some worn supercorsa's.

I'm wondering whether to fit them for this trackday, as I won't have access to any tire warmers.

I have 2 options:
-> Keep current tyres (really shagged and square rear)

--> put supercorsas on and hope It'l be dry.

Obviously if it's raining then I'm just unlucky and neither are going to be any good.

If it's really cold there, is there any advice for warming the supercorsa asap? (No access to tyee warmers)
I'm concerned that it'l be really cold and the supercorsa will just take forever to warm and I'l waste a lot of time waiting for them to warm during a session.

swaffs

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Re: Advice needed :?: Reply with quote

swaffs wrote:
If it's really cold there, is there any advice for warming the supercorsa asap? (No access to tyee warmers)

Rolling burnout? Twisted Evil

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:40 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you didnt hear what happened last time swaffs tried that?
J

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Pictures or a video available? Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:49 - 24 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supercorsas shouldn't need tyre warmers. Just slowly increase your pace, same as with road tyres. The majority of times I've ridden on track has been with supercorsas and no tyre warmers.
Two or three laps of progressively getting faster should be fine.

I've ridden with supercorsas in the wet, doable but not great. Probably pushed it more than I have done with road tyres on wet roads.

Ridden on the road with supercorsas plenty and only prob I've had with cold tyres is on the zx9... but same would be true of any tyres I suspect.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7