Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brands Hatch Saturday PACE Day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 View related event: Brands Hatch PACE day (5 Mar) View previous topic : View next topic  

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 12:14 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking on the visordown trackday forum bit...

https://www.visordown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196166

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more reports:

https://www.motoforum.net/index.php?showtopic=7559
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 12:35 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel sorry for the guy who broke his leg on the Brands entrance Neutral

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just phoned Brands (MSV) and the school / trackday is definately cancelled today / tomorrow.

ESS may be providing another date but are unable to say at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 12:41 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping us updated swaffs. Thumbs Up
J

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 13:49 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITV weather is your friend: https://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=49&Day=0&LocationID=8&RegionID=8 Wink

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 14:29 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:

Have fun standing outside Brands tomorrow then Razz

Just phoned Brands and they confirmed tomorrow is cancelled Sad I'm not too bothered considering the weather lately aslong as we get to do Brands soon though!!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:31 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted to see if there's any places left at Snetterton on Monday, if the weather aint looking too bad for that.

Really wanted to get a decent day on track in before racing Sad.

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: new Voicemail @ ESS Reply with quote

I've just phoned ESS again and there is a voicemail:

Quote:
events for 4th and 5th March have been POSTPONED due to adverse weather conditions. all riders will be contacted shortly with revised dates

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think they were too hasty to cancel.
The worst is over now!!

Look at this, taken out of one of the office windows, only 20miles from Brands, bloody lovely sunshine:

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:33 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESS confirm that it's definitely not going ahead, even if the weather is going to be ok for it MSV have already made the decision to close the circuit. As a replacement you can either do Brands 16th or 17th March or take a refund as credit towards another ESS track day.

You will be getting a call in due course to tell you all this. I'm out of the country for the replacement dates they offered so I've used my refund to pay for the Cadwell PACE day on 31st May.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 16:38 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going for thursday the 17th when they eventually ring.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 17:21 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be changing to the cadwell date, i cant realy miss uni for a trackday.
J

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had the call.

If you can't make the 16 or 17th then you can leave your money on account and choose a different event.

What's everyone else going to do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 18:46 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havnt herd from them yet, gess they dont like me Sad
J

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's working down the list alphabetically, although my surname starts with "S". If you're Zenopowski you might have to wait a bit longer!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to apologise to everyone booked on this day. I seem to be some kind of trackday rainmaker (or snow in this case), and out of the five days I've done (at varying times of year) they've all had rain at some point.

I'm going to move to Valencia Crying or Very sad

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 19:24 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sirname is I so i dont know what gone on there. may call tomorrow.
J

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 19:36 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
What's everyone else going to do?

The next ESS PACE day that BCF people are doing is 31st May at Cadwell, which is £92 after a 20% discount, so if you use your credit from today it'll cost you just three quid.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
The next ESS PACE day that BCF people are doing is 31st May at Cadwell, which is £92 after a 20% discount, so if you use your credit from today it'll cost you just three quid.

Yeah, I can't make that date though. M1ke's said he's doing the 17th, anyone else?

Had a quick look on Metcheck...

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 20:37 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they phoned and i am now down for the 17th, hopefully not alone!

I couldn't do cadwell or the 16th as they are college days.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 11:10 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Great beautiful sun-shine, heer and over the rest of the country, well apart from aberdeen, stupid idiots Rolling Eyes.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I've just called ESS to rebook for the 17th (they've cancelled the 16th). Unfortunately it's not quite that straightforward...

Apparently the prices at the circuit have now risen (due to the longer daylight hours) and if you look, the price of the trackday on the 17th is £149 compared to the £89 paid for the 5th. This means that to do that day they require another £60 (although he offered it for £50).

This is because the 17th was not a direct replacement for the 5th, but another day that they had booked already. What they are doing is waiting for replacement days from the track, at which point we'll be able to go at the same price we've already paid. They have an advert in this week's MCN and he's expecting it to all be sorted by the end of the week, at which point they'll email/send letters to everyone.

Ho hum, looks like I need to find another track day for this month then Rolling Eyes

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've just had a chat with Tony from ESS.

He's about to have a discussion with Brands hatch people with regards to last weekends problems, and there may be a little /big something in the pipeline for those people that had been put out by it all.
Theres nothing confirmed yet, and as there are still plenty of spaces for 31 May, he has suggested I hang fire and see what else may be offered. It's possible that those that have already taken an alternative arrangement may lose out on this offer...

There is no more info but I will be speaking to him at the end of the week.

/swaffs waits..................................... Rolling Eyes

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 13:48 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I have just phoned them to find out what the hells going on. Apparently there is now an extra £60 to do the thursday which they never told me about before, so thursday is off for my self. They are going to contact me with what they have to offer next tuesday.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7