37%  [ 37 ]
Never
24%
 24%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 98

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 17:32 - 19 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped the MZ once, while titting about, the bike just fell away from me and I managed to lower it down very very gently.

No marks at all, didn't even stop the engine.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Summerleft
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:08 - 19 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped my gn125 twice once well first time i ever rode and went on some grass and then tried to brake ! oops!

second time it just go to heavy and down it went oh dear well they say you have to fall off a horse 10 times to become a good rider I wonder if the same is to be said with bikes lol

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:47 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped my Sachs once breaking left hand indicator thanks to some oil I decided to put the stand down on to.

Dropped the ZX6 at 70 mph, didn't do too much damage...yeah right.

You learn from every drop what not to do again. Latest one, I've learnt that I'm invisible so ride more defensivly.
R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kev98
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped my bike outside of work once never been more embarrassed in all my life Embarassed
Luckily it was ok however my pride was severally dented

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:55 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mantzy wrote:

Dropped the ZX6 at 70 mph, didn't do too much damage...yeah right.
R

to you or the bike ?
lucky to live at that speed Surprised

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:01 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to you or the bike?

Either considering. Broken fairing and broken wrist. All part of the fun hey.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:32 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep cant wait to break mine Confused

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, dropping your bike is like a form of baptism. I've dropped my XR once (well some oaf pushed me off it at college thinking it was funny) and had those instances where i'm about to lose it - NRG- crashed 5 times - dropped never!

Most likely bits to go on your DNA are the front fairing - if you crash head on (like the 2 guys at my college, unfortunately), rear fairing sides for TRYING to hold the wheelie and mislanding it. Parts are quite expensive as its 100 quid or so for a new front headlight Embarassed. Rear fairing/seat unit is also expensive to repair as it's 1piece.

Take extra care of your baby - and don't stunt in front of your mates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

meyrick
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:16 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titot182 wrote:
some oaf pushed me off it at college thinking it was funny

Shocked NOT cool Thumbs Down Rolling Eyes

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:35 - 31 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never dropped any of my bikes and never will (touch wood) unfortunatley i dropped my mate gsx-600r at an RAF base where he works at 50mph damage Scratch on can scratch on crass bobbing and scratch on his big OE indicators

i personally belive the indicators saved the bike as for me a nice big hole in my textile trousers and a sore elbow and shoulder plus a new helmet to pay for

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:48 - 31 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped my NSR twice, once when stationary and attempting to get off - I was wearing boots with laces and one of the laces caught on the seat as I was pulling my leg over. Not a problem really except that I hadn't put the side stand down properly so down we went. Cracked the fairing and bent the indicator - this was just after I got the bike.
Second time I was knocked off while going about 3mph or so, pulling alongside a car at a junction, car was signalling right, I was going left, plenty of room to sit alongside - well there would have been had the passengers in the car not decided to blithely open the car door into me and knock me off. Same side of the bike hit the road, cracked open same bit of fairing, dented same indicator!

I also came off one of the bikes I was learning on during a lesson, trying to do a u-turn on.. I think it was a Suzuki GS500. Too wide a turn, started focussing on the kerb, clutch started to go, and down I went. Broke the clutch lever so I had to go back to the test centre pillion with my instructor! (now that's embarrassing Embarassed )

And I came off my zx6r, not that long after I'd had it, there was some mud on the road as I was pulling away, gave it too much throttle (I was used to the nsr!) and of course that was waaay too much throttle for the zx6r on a muddy surface so we both gently slid down the road separately. Did quite a bit of damage to side fairing panels and knocked off an indicator but that was it.

It's just one of these things that seems to happen!

kwaka
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:37 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

1990 - my first big bike was a Honda CBR1000 (which was a BIG bike). Parked up near a bus queue of about 5000 who were all admiring the bike (I thought) so i decided to give them a show as i set off. Big handful of revs and got about 6 inches before the disc-lock hit the caliper. Down went the bike with me under it. It took two big lads to lift it off me whilst the other 4998 just pissed themselves. Never been so grateful for full face lids. Even now, i colour up in embarrassment when i think about it. The shagged disc and caliper were just the icing on the cake.

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:22 - 04 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1990 - my first big bike was a Honda CBR1000...

Sorry, but that was really amusing. Teachs you something about showing off i bet!

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 12:08 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didnt drop my hooner, he decided to lie down at silverstone, while going quite fast, round the first courner, in a monsoon.
J

Barker-CBR 600
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:41 - 05 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been about a year an a half since i had two crashes in the space of a month. Both related.

Going along minding my own business (with my sister in a car two cars back) on an 01 DNA. And the exhaust mounting collapsed and jammed my backwheel.

Luckily the road (A road) was curving right so i slid down the road into a ditch as opposed to under the truck that was behind me. The funny thing was when the guy got out... came over to pick the bike off me and my sister had stopped her car (thinking he hit me) run up and pushed him over in a frenzy of 'waht the f**k have you done!'. She went very red faced and apologetic when i explained it werent him.

Then about a month later, post repairs. Going along a flat country road when the foot support from the side i went down on came off, my foot hit floor and dragged my leg right down (nasty tarmac burns) and i hit an tree annoyingly close to the road! Apparantly a weld had been fractured or split without anyone noticing. This one was worse as i was quite beaten up with nasty leg wounds, but my first words when my mate found me.

'Shi*... how am i gunna pay for repairs?'

If anything though made me more careful, a bit more wary about pissing around and generally more respect for 'i do need full leathers' now i am on a big bike.

CAPONE
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys i didnt bother reading thro all the replys befor i wrote this so if been said befor sorry!
My first bike was a gilera 125 (still sat in back garden missing front end after smash)
I think the first thing you should do with it is fit a side stand corse they onli have the full stand dont they?
Corse o his i dropped mine a couple of times trying to put it down untill i invested it one!
hope this helps.
Ash..

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 06 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never crashed my first bike (left the disclock on once though Embarassed ). But I crashed the next two I had. Everyone drops their bikes at some point, no point worrying about it.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:30 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only been riding 6 months, came off once - leisure centre car park, couple of hours after the rain, pottering along at 15mph in the car park, went round a slight LH turn, bike slipped straight out and into a Ford Focus coming the other way! It's unbelievable how far it went at that speed! And I was just left there on the road thinking 'shit...' with a graze on my helmet and a ruined pair of trousers! Luckily no damage though, the wing mirror needed tightening, that's all. Will think before leaning too far in the wet again! Idea Very Happy Although it has to be said, the tarmac in the car park is bitch-slippy when it's wet compared to other roads.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 84 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2