Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bandit & weight

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

MZ125
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:07 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: bandit & weight Reply with quote

hi guys I have got a question Question Ive got a bandit Smile I am going 2 ride it soon but 1 thing that mates have said is cos of my weight the bandit will chuck me off it is this true.

oh bye the way I weigh about 8.half stone

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 10:23 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your friend to explain exactly how this will happen. Then laugh a lot as he talks bollocks.

Fair enough, if a light person highsides a bike they'll probably get thrown higher in the air than a fat bastard would, but it's not going to happen by default.

Rift.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:12 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

it dont have enough power to "throw" you off

the 400 has 50bhp (1992) = not enough to lift front wheel (clutchless)

the 600 has 77.5bhp (2004) = not sure as i have never owned such a machine........anyone who gets a 600 first is silly

although it really depends on the setup of the gears and sprocket...???

MZ125
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers guys I am getting the 600 due 2 it was very cheap cos it has been crashed oh and i think my mates point is that it has been down geared & has 2 extra teeth on it would it be advise able to get the original sprocket for it ?

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:18 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike is very heavy, but it doesn't mean you will have more of a chance to get chucked off. If you ride it well then you shouldn't need to highside anyway.

All bikes seem extremely heavy when stationary but once moving they are really flickable. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 13:36 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MZ125 wrote:
i think my mates point is that it has been down geared & has 2 extra teeth on it would it be advise able to get the original sprocket for it ?

It's still not going to fling you over the handlebars.

Downgearing just improves the accelleration and makes it a bit more likely to wheelie off the power.

Change it if you like, don't if you like. Entirely up to you.

MZ125
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers every one for your advice Thumbs Up

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe flung off the back because you may pin the throttle a little. Best keep that throttle hand under control Smile

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rift. wrote:
it dont have enough power to "throw" you off

the 400 has 50bhp (1992) = not enough to lift front wheel (clutchless)

the 600 has 77.5bhp (2004) = not sure as i have never owned such a machine........anyone who gets a 600 first is silly

although it really depends on the setup of the gears and sprocket...???

and the award for most ridiculous statement today goes to....

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps your mate means that you may drop it at the lights because you weigh less than 60kgs and a Bandit will be around 190kgs-200kgs (depending on fuel).

A strong side wind whilst stationary and you might struggle to hold it up. I don't think that's what your mate is saying, but it's what I'm saying.

In interest, how tall are you? Can you get both feet on the ground (at the same time?)

I'm about 9 1/2 stone and 5' 10" and a strong side wind whilst at traffic lights can make it difficult to hold it. And that's with both feet down. My bike is an ER-5 which weighs roughly the same as your Bandit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 22:20 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rift. wrote:
...the 400 has 50bhp (1992) = not enough to lift front wheel (clutchless)...

My MZ 125 will lift the front wheel clutchless with all of its whopping 11bhp with no problems.

Ya know the throttle's the one on the right yeah? Wink

I laughed when my mum told me her XJ900 Divvy couldn't wheely. I'll never forget the pic in a recent sportsbike mag of some bloke in a kilt wheelieing a pan european.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MZ125
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright mate I am about 5/6 and I can get my feet on the ground Thumbs Up realy easly compared 2 my 125 Iam on my tip toes on the 125 lol Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1