Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Peugeot 106/306

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: [WANTED] Peugeot 106/306 Reply with quote

Not desperate for one, but in case any one has one and is looking to sell, let me know the details. Smile

Bodykits, neons and spoilers need NOT apply Laughing
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:08 - 24 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams, my 306 is likely to be up for grabs in the next couple of months if finances allow.

It's an m-reg XLDt, red, 1.9 diesel, 5-speed box, 126000 miles, just passed another MOT last week, currently taxed to the end of Feb but will be re-taxed for another 6 months if I can't afford a new one by then. Will be looking for around £1000 for it. (To be verified when I actually get the cash together for a new one!)

Would you be interested in a Citroen AX by chance? M-reg also, 90000 miles (I think, will check), 1litre petrol engine, metallic purple (tropical violet actually Razz ) 9 month MOT left, 6 months tax, £500. Oh, and it's got a towball fitted too, will happily tow our 2-bike trailer with bikes on!

Only thing is, I'm quite a long way away from you.
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 24 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, wouldn't buy a citroen if you paid me Wink but the 306 might be of interst, let me know when you are selling it and i'll give it some though, although maybe a no depending on insurance as it's a 1.9 turbo diesel (presume thats what the t stands for in xldt anyway)

Was more looking for a 1.4 petrol or 1.6 (non turbo) diesel.

106 might be a better idea but I'm struggling to find a list of insurance categories to see if the 106 is lower than 306 etc. I ideally want a car that will tow up to 2 sports bikes but insurance is the most inmportant factor.

I will let you nkow when I#'ve passed my test and have the money to buy the car
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 24 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams wrote:
Thanks for replying, wouldn't buy a citroen if you paid me Wink


I'd check the factory there made in alongside peugeout before you say that Laughing

And my 306 D Turbo may be up for sale soon too, but i've been saying that for a while, just depends if i can find another car to beat the 306 on Insurance,fuel econimy and performance!
____________________
04 ZX10R ~
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 24 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The turbo diesel is group 5, (normal is 4) so shouldn't be that bad.
I'd go for the diesel over the petrols for towing; I've pulled away in 2nd/3rd in our standard diesel and not noticed!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 24 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a 1.4 306 diesel seems to be cheapest to run, and cheapest 306 to insure? Will that handle up to 2 sports bikes on a trailer (probably won't ever need to tow two sports bikes.. but that's just a curiosity)
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 24 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they only do 1.9 diesels. These are probably similar to thge 1.9 petrol.

They may have done a 1.4 later on, but pretty sure they didn't for the original ones.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:47 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain they only did the 306 in 1.9. And I dunno what the "t" in mine is for, but it's not a turbo - tired maybe!

Beware though, especially if you are a fairly new driver. 306's (especially the diesels) are really heavy for their size. The reason mine has got to go is that it doesn't have power steering, and I can't get it in car-park spaces without a 5-point turn!*

*the first one to mention women drivers WILL be slapped!

On a serious note though, I am currently looking for another 306, as they're cheap to insure, very economical to run (I get over 500 miles to a tank out of mine, about £45 at current prices), easy to get bits for, and they look really good too!

I started with a 205 when I first passed my test, which was also a really good car. Mine had a 1.1 litre engine and would pull our trailer with 2 bikes (my EL250 and his VT500) no problem, as does the Citroen.

Oh, and Ant is right, 106's have the same engines as AX/Saxos, which is handy when you're in the scrapyard looking for parts! Peugeot gearboxes are better though, IMO anyway.
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:04 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
I'm fairly certain they only did the 306 in 1.9. And I dunno what the "t" in mine is for, but it's not a turbo - tired maybe!


Thje 't' should be for the turbo version, if not someone's stuck the wrong badge on nicked your turbo Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to get a 1.4 petrol then, as a 1.9 diesel is bound to be more expensive to insure Shocked
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams wrote:
I'm probably going to get a 1.4 petrol then, as a 1.9 diesel is bound to be more expensive to insure Shocked

Why?

A dr600 is less to insure than a rs250, yet it's got a number more than twice as big!

I believe they are both insurance group 4, both similar power, yet the diesel will be more suitable for what you want, also more economical I suspect.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Yams wrote:
I'm probably going to get a 1.4 petrol then, as a 1.9 diesel is bound to be more expensive to insure Shocked

Why?

A dr600 is less to insure than a rs250, yet it's got a number more than twice as big!


I guess, I'm going to wait till I've passed my test (booking lessons next week Shocked) and then will call a load of insurance companies to see how much it's going to hurt... then I'll buy a car Smile
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have a poke around with online quotes from places like www.clickquote.com www.elephant.com and www.confused.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.16 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 81.06 Kb