Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Full bike test tommorow - 1.30

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 20:01 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Full bike test tommorow - 1.30 Reply with quote

Hi all,
i've got my full bike test tommorow and just wondered if anyone had any good advice, not on riding but thier experences on keeping calm and riding normally
Cheers
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

b0ss
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:20 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breath deeply and try to relax. When you arrive at the test centre you will be asked to show your identification and other stuff. I took my passport, CBT certificate and licence. He will give you the radio and ask you to put it on.

Once you're outside he will ask you a few questions about the bike (show me and tell me). He will then ask you to get yourself ready. Once you set off you will be fine. Enjoy the ride but really look ahead for any hazards or signs this will stop any nasty surprises and it will allow you to plan your lifesavers, etc. Have fun. Very Happy

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just treat it as another ride.

Try to have fun.

Prove to yourself you can ride and not the examiner (if you see what I mean).

Behave for 45 mins. Easy.

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:18 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i see what you mean, can ride fine with my instuctor behind me and know i can ride! well to an a ability that i can pass my test. its just having s0meone watching Laughing
definatly looking forward to in, aslong as i pass! Very Happy
Cheers
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 22:19 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just try and keep calm. Remember your lifesavers. Just concentrate and it will be over before you know it. Good luck. I look forward to reading your post tomorrow saying that you've passed. Thumbs Up

shellshock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:30 - 25 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took many deep breaths, tried to stop hyperventilating, and then gave myself a really good talking to, ie. 'Johnson stop being a twat', and then just forgot he was there.

I passed the second time with only 1 minor, the first time I failed on the U, and I was really trying and thinking way too hard about everything.

Just chill, treat it like any other ride, except theres an annoying little person in your ear, and breeze it ..... u WILL do this.

If the worst happens, just book another test straight away Very Happy

paulodd
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:04 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like people are saying take it easy and treat it like its just another ride out. You know you can do it so go for it.

Over exhagurate the shoulder checks and life savers so they can easily see you've done them. You'll be fine. Good luck and let us know how u do. Thumbs Up

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Will87
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:03 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

Over exagerate looks etc, it's alot about body language my instructor said before i went, make sure he can see you looking at your mirrors by maybe a slight turn of your head and make sure your observations/lifesavers are smooth, if your too fast you wobble the bike and thats some marks down.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:13 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ride. You know you can. You know the test routes.

Just think of it as being on a rideout with someone following you.

Don't do anything stupid. Watch your speed. Exagerate all your body movements - such as checking your mirrors - really move your whole head so the examiner can see you clearly.

Remember this though - it only takes 1 stupid fucker in a car to fail you. I went round my test with that in mind (instructor told me that) and I passed first time with 1 minor.

Then come home and tells us you've past.

Best of luck mate Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 09:41 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Remember this though - it only takes 1 stupid fucker in a car to fail you

LOL !! Yes, like my first test on the last frickin corner before the test centre....
I passed second time. My test instructor told me to get off the bike before my U-Turn as I was sitting for nearly 5 mins waiting for the road to clear! He must have seen the sweat dripping off me.

Try to stay calm, I'm bad for nerves and that affected my riding. YOU CAN DO IT !

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right- dont feck up like i did!

Just remeber to take it calmly and remember 2 words 'Clutch Control' and you'll be fine!! Very Happy

Munday
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:08 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck! Thumbs Up

Just remember - don't put your foot down on the U-Turn like I did on my first test! Rolling Eyes

Doobrey
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word of advise, Ride for yourself.

What I mean by that is on my test I went down a country lane, muddy, wet, etc.... As I had been taught, I got upto speed quickly... 60MPH.

In hindsight, I should have rode at about 45 - 50MPH, as I would do if I didn't have the examiner behind me!

I passed, luckily, but once again, RIDE FOR YOURSELF!

Doobs,

Doobrey
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, something else that was funny...

I left the test centre, turned left (as instructed), left at the end of the road, and the examiner got stuck at the lights. He instructed me to pull into the nearest "safe" place. I went up the road and turned left (loads of double yellow lines). I continued up the road someway, and eventually pulled in.

I waited a couple of minutes, to see the examiner ride past the road he told me to go into.... Then I heard him on the radio asking me to come out of the junction and continue the ride.

Anyway, got to the Emergency stop part, and he said for me to go around the block. As I was coming back, I couldn't see/remember where he was, so I went riding past the end of the road....DOH!

Turned it around and came back (didn't wanna waste his time too much!)...got back and did it.

Anyway, the morale of this story is, sometimes you have to take you time on things, sometimes you much things up in the heat of the exam. Just ride for yourself...as if you make a small mistake, all of those minutes of time, eat into the examiners ability to judge you. If you get "stuck" in traffic, enjoy it....it will feel like the test is shorter. Don't worry about it.....

And finally, the actual test ride goes so quickly it's unbelievable. People mentioned it before I did mine, but it is true, it seems like a 10 minute ride...

GOOD LUCK and let us know how you get on.

Doobs.

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 17:11 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: F%£king failed Reply with quote

Thanks for the good luck, but i'm afraid that you are going to have to do it when i retake my test!
got failed on undue hesitation and got 2 serious faults on gears! stalled went stopped after U-turn! and turning right. don't feel too bad about it now! but felt really pissed off that i didn't ride like i normally do! in normal circumstances i don't have any undue hesitation and my instructor agrees, all i can do is take this as a learning experience and now know everything that i need to pass it next time!
Cheers
WN

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 17:26 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well mate never mind. At least next time you know what to expect so the things that got you this time won't be so bad.

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 17:27 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ach sheeetie.....that sucks. Don't worry...

I failed 1st time too, all the best riders pass second time round!

paulodd
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:38 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear mate! You'll just have to join us second time rounders', Good luck for next time

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 19:48 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Guys
Just got a re-test booked for the Friday 11th of Feb at 2:30 hopefully this one will go better!
bring it on!
WN

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that buddie Thumbs Up
Next time nail it Twisted Evil Thumbs Up I know you will Very Happy

G2f

Azmodeus
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:53 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to remember is that you are paying these people - If something isn't right, and is detremental to your riding, don't hesitate to pull up and tell them. Things to watch out for are:

Too much static on radio - Cannot hear directions or comments.
Bike problems - Even if it is your own bike, something could sod up on it at the last minute

Oooh, Comedy Store is on TV - sorry, attention is... umm.... what? Oh... Divided...

Will87
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:30 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

White_noise wrote:
Cheers Guys
Just got a re-test booked for the Friday 11th of Feb at 2:30 hopefully this one will go better!
bring it on!
WN

Yea all the good people pass it second time, like me Cool!

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 18:56 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck with the test result, you'll pass second time around. Where did you take it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 19:45 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey davo
Took it in brighton, down on the marina. apparently the examina that took me, his pet hate is people who don't make good progress, (i.e going when the way is clear), but i should have been doing that! nevermind. the test on the 11th is in worthing. think the test routes are a little easier from what i have ridden of them. less hills, and narrow streets and the junctions have clear views! yeah!
Cheers
WN

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 01:30 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley's a good one for bikes, but better like your roundabouts though.

Anyway, pass your test, and we can go for a good rideout.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2