BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia RS125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:56 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Aprilia RS125 Reply with quote

Hi I got a second hand aprilia rs125 harada on an S reg i just got 110 out of it on the way to work then after a 6 hour shift went back set off and all of a sudden the were hugh vibrations so i got it hope and took the fairings off and checked the gaskets and the engine mount but no sign of any problems but its still louder and giving off large vibrations. as anyone got any i dea what it is or had the same experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rollins
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:44 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrating at what speeds?

If it was, erm, 110, then it's to be expected as it's not designed to go that fast...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:43 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it wasn't at 110 and thats not the fastest its been its had faster

it was doing 40 i changed down to go upa hill and started to accelerate when there was like a crack/bang the engine not changed and the whole bike vibrates viciously. it vibrates whilst in neutral and idleing and all other times i've had ppl suggest that i could have blown a piston ring or shook the exhaust off or blown a bearing in the gear box and bent my crank. from that i think its the bearing idea due to the fact that if it were the piston ring it wouldnt even rev if it were the exhaust it shouldn't cause any vibrations and if id have bent the crank shaft it would turn over or be able to be puched whilst in gear. but me being a novice i've no idea what it could be

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:48 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had a few probs changing from 3rd to fourth- a loud clank and then the revs went apeshit- like 8000 then a clunk and back down to normal revs as if nothing had happened..........

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 02:54 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah only it didn't go back to normal i just hope i can fix it before sunday as its got a date with a dyno test although a no power dyno would be a good comparison to a full powered one--- there you go sir we got a 400% increase on torque max BHP and 0-60 time

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 17:34 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

How many miles has it done?

Under the clutch casing there are some plastic gears. Some drive the water pump / 2 stroke oil pump, another drives the counterbalancer. The ones for the counterbalancer are a service item (there replacement is specified in the service schedule). My guess is that one of these has stripped its teeth and now the balance shaft is not turning.

I would check this quickly as from the top of my head I cannot remember if you might also have lost drive to the water pump / oil pump (probably not as if so it would have gone bang quite quickly otherwise).

They are not that expensive from memory. M1ke can probably give you a better idea of price.

All the best

Keith

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:06 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers guys i'll keep u informed of the progress work starts saturday mornign 6am sharp ( i need it sunday)

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 29 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

you have had the bike go faster than 110 miles an hour Exclamation

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:43 - 29 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony532 wrote:
you have had the bike go faster than 110 miles an hour Exclamation

Indicated I have had mine to 115mph, and also 97mph with a pillion.

The speedo is about as accurate as a secret service report on WMD.

All the best

Keith

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:17 - 29 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel done and thank you to kickstart

Ok guys I took the cover off of the clutch housing to find the plastic!!!! gear on the counter balance was half on it and half lying on the bottom of the cover so i thought easy i had a spare so ill just stck it on............

thats when it hit me i went to stnd up and cracked my head on the handle bars as i fell to the ground i noticed the timing marking on the crank and first shaft.. not so easy after all all i kneed to know is which one lines up to which thing in the casing. any ideas?

ill post picks of the broken part and the gearing when i get them off ma camera

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:21 - 29 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you could reply asap as i need the bike tommorw its got a dyno test booked and i dont want to waste £35 im a student and thats alot of cash to me

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 30 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an RS125 manual? if so i would imagine there is info in there. Search on google for one.

MADDOG
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:25 - 30 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have an RS125 manual? if so i would imagine there is info in there. Search on google for one

There is no info in the users manual for the timings of the counter weight alos the maintenance manuals on the net take a couple of days to get to you so i didnt get one...... Solution i nipped up to jordan bikes at leeds and asked the mechanic there he gave me a photocopy of a page in their manual showing the timings and a couple of the difficult steps in the rebuild bit.

so i went home did what it said - problem solved.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1