Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Place's to go off-roading..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 15:45 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Place's to go off-roading.. Reply with quote

Been thinking about it for a while now, getting an off-road bike for the crap weather and for a hoot!
I'm defo going to try funinthemud sometime soon to see if I will enjoy it or not (probably with some of you guys).

Where I stay I've got access for a big fcuk aff field which the farmer doesn't seem bothered for people to use but does anyone know where else in Scotland you can do some off-roading?

If I come across the right bike I might just get one (as the weather in Scotland will still be crap during the summer anyways) but I want to have one in time for next winter. Anyone else thought about a MX/Trail bike or am I the only dafty??!!

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought of them, hell yeah, but don't have a monthly income to support one yet (or have a garage)

Fran did a post on this a wee bit back about where to go. Don't know if there was much success though, was there fran?

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 16:20 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, just read the thread.
Even then, I'd still use the MX bike on the road during the crappy weather (like now... Sad )

Any suggestions for a trail/MX bike?

Right now I'm thinking Honda CR125 or 250...something along those lines.....

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSA are the way to go Laughing ..nah but seriously if uve got the money i'd go for Kawazaki, cant go wrong! As for motocrossing in falkirk, theres woods everywhere, i was thinking of taking mine up the canal... miles of straights and scenic stuff... Also a big bit of waste land where a battery factory used to be, its a fair size, i can hear people crossin up there all the time... havent been up on mine yet (no front brake) but the time will come....cant wait to show that wee bastard with the 25cc petrol scooter across the park what a real bike looks like Very Happy
Heres a bike i found last night! Look at the location! Seat height looks a wee bit small, but they claim its 90cm...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9808&item=4523711435&rd=1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 16:44 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soz aikman, can't view the link at work.... Confused

Quote:
havent been up on mine yet (no front brake)

Who need a front brake?!! Laughing

I could easily take the bike into the fields near mines but face an ass-raping if I'm caught by the farmer, was wondering if there is actual proper race-style tracks in Scotland....

Time to ask google!

rande
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:49 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cc123 wrote:
wondering if there is actual proper race-style tracks in Scotland....

!

Cromerton Farm,Leuchars thats where the Scottish Championships are held. Thumbs Up

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 03 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the front brake back today, its fitted after having a little fun with the drill Rolling Eyes Ive already had a go on it without the front brake, but only at the park 'cross the road. Tried to bump it today, its no for happening, changing the barrell and piston on sat. hopefully goin crossin! Wooooo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

philcxiv
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:20 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Fun in the mud' is where I started motocross with Andy Russel one of the most sound'est bloke's ever. But if its still the case it no longer happens due to to the recent race bike fatality(s) as it meant for a first aider to present at all times since the mx track is not really part of knockhill, obviously funding was an issue so ended but ocasionly is on!

If anyone is going up let me know cos al be there if I've still got the crosser.

Contacts:
Phone-01577865111 (after 6pm)
Fax-01577865111
Mobile-07831646293
Email-a.s.russell@btinternet.com

Can't promise these are still valid!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 09 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil - see other thread about this.

Funinthemud.co.uk is still going - I've emailed them regards group bookings.

There's 4 of us looking to get over there and have a go hopefully in the next month Thumbs Up

--
Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1