Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 11:22 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

natv4 wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:
Infact thats a very good way to slow down from a ton, squeeze the fuel tank with thighs and sit bolt upright with arms out. Looks very biblical Laughing

Ok, I agree with you there, do that a bit to free up the old joints if I've been on the motorway and coming up the slip road.

Never considered what an onlooker must think...

Makes them bastard kids in the back smile at least.

Also try same principle, but turning round and showing a couple of obscene gestures to the boy racer you just thrashed etc.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:40 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is clearly obvious that Jonny XX used this thread as a way of getting his bike some publicity.

There is a photo section ya know. Rolling Eyes
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:43 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
sit bolt upright with arms out

Makes you feel like you're flying too. Cool

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somerset Scratcher wrote:
It is clearly obvious that Jonny XX used this thread as a way of getting his bike some publicity.

There is a photo section ya know. Rolling Eyes

In that case the title would have been 'Hey look at my XX, its bigger than a ped innit'
No, i want to know WHY twist n go riders continually ride with only one hand on the bars and the other on their balls, simple!

Anyway, is there anything wrong with being proud of MY bike?? after all I paid for it with MY hard earned cash and its NOT restricted to 33BHP.......... A bitter pill is sometimes hard to swallow i know and as a young teenager i'm sure you'll understand my thread. I'm happy for anyone who can get out on a bike and we should stick together in keeping it that way, i don't need a spotty spoilt pre pubescent telling me i put a pic on the wrong part of the site, thanks for your observations 'SS' and good luck with your BANDIT.

Last edited by Johnny GSX-R on 18:29 - 15 Feb 2005; edited 1 time in total

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 12:53 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the latest craze was to put their feet onto the rear footrests??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:27 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I used to have a peugot speedfight 100 but i never used to stick my hand on my balls (proberly because i never felt the need to but everyone to there own i guess lol ). The worst is when they ride around stood up on the feet rest or sticking there legs out the side OH DEAR.

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stood up a few times, but that was on a dna50, and i was gripping the 'tank', and only to releive the pain in my backside cos of those tiny seats. Scared me to death though.

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some are missing the point entirely here, i mean that they think its cool to ride one handed through the town just like some chavs walk about with their hands down their tracky bottoms for some reason Mad . The idea of the thread was to say "If you do it, stop it!", its dangerous and the only people who think its cool are 13 yr old girls at bus stops (who you don't want to be attracting) and yourself.

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:43 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh i used to do all that and definatly wouldnt consider myself a chav, or a boy racer(well maybe a little).
its all good fun when your 16 and think you look so cool to those ugly birds stood outside the corner shop!!!!!

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 17:45 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise that this is a public forum and it's meant for uses such as this but there isnt muc point in telling everyone here. From what ive seen over the past year (lurked for quite a while) most people ride geared bikes or are slightly more sensible than to ride with one hand covering their balls.

So this was a bit pointless. Yes I realise the irony in this post Laughing

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

my theory is they have seen people on big bikes riding along with one hand on their knee

even at 100+ miles an hour on motorways

so think its a cool thing to do

question is why do people on big bikes do that

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony532 wrote:
my theory is they have seen people on big bikes riding along with one hand on their knee

even at 100+ miles an hour on motorways

so think its a cool thing to do

question is why do people on big bikes do that

Do they???????????????

A big bike is harder to unstabilize especially when doing 100 mph, its all about gyroscopic action.
I've not witnessed 'big bike' riders doing this in a built up area whilst following traffic.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:36 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

On big bikes you can be riding with your left hand off the bar and only thing you can't do is pull clutch in which isn't (IMO at anyrate) much of a problem on four strokes. Its not ideal but its not like on a scooter where you've got a brake rather than clutch lever.

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
On big bikes you can be riding with your left hand off the bar and only thing you can't do is pull clutch in which isn't (IMO at anyrate) much of a problem on four strokes. Its not ideal but its not like on a scooter where you've got a brake rather than clutch lever.

lol oh so true AND my brakes are linked too so if i hit the rear it also brings on the front so i'm even better off than some ( but then i don't do that anyway).

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the ones that passed me at about 140 on the way back from donington did when i had my rs125 about two years ago

it must be a look at me im cool and can ride one handed at double the speed limit thing

i also noticed they were riding between cars on the a50!!

by big i meant a gsxr600 e.t.c

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:58 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony532 wrote:
well the ones that passed me at about 140 on the way back from donington did when i had my rs125 about two years ago

it must be a look at me im cool and can ride one handed at double the speed limit thing

i also noticed they were riding between cars on the a50!!

by big i meant a gsxr600 e.t.c

Well they wouldnt do it if it looked un cool would they, Thumbs Up

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

it did look pointless and stupid though

maybe it was cool to them eh?

someone do a poll

do you think its cool to ride with your left hand planted on your knee

mattsmith95
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:16 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw some kid on a ped today riding one handed, he was also wearing a white tracksuit and trainers.

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:39 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i just why don't you leave moped rider's to what they want to do,

In the summer i used to wear short's and t-shirt, Not against the law.It's up to yourself to do what you want to do no forum thread is gonna stop that really is it.

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krs wrote:
Can i just why don't you leave moped rider's to what they want to do,

In the summer i used to wear short's and t-shirt, Not against the law.It's up to yourself to do what you want to do no forum thread is gonna stop that really is it.

FUN!!! its not fun when 'I' am part of a team picking up bits of flesh from the road and informing the family that their child is only half the thickness they used to be.
'Irresponsible' i think is the word you were looking for, shorts and t-shirt lol, just to show off your tan to the girlies. Shocked

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:16 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show off my tan i got a all year round tan Very Happy

But when you do go in short's etc you dont think of crashing, Until you actually crash and yes i did have fun Thumbs Up

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krs wrote:
Show off my tan i got a all year round tan Very Happy

But when you do go in short's etc you dont think of crashing, Until you actually crash and yes i did have fun Thumbs Up

All year round tan lol, i gather from that your one of the minority non white motorcyclists?? Thumbs Up if so respect to you for it. My mate is 6'6" and jet black and rides a TL1000s, quite sight when he takes his lid off at a venue/meet. (not many non white bikers).

Krs
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:05 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I'm mixed race

I know that's weird how most of them are white, Never seen a black man in a mag lol Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2