Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pit crew!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:35 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: [WANTED] Pit crew! Reply with quote

I'm hoping to do at least some off the following rounds:

Quote:
Round 1 12th March Snetterton
Round 2 13th March Snetterton
Round 3 2nd April Lydden Hill
Round 4 3rd April Lydden Hill
Round 5 30th April Brands Hatch
Round 6 1st May Brands Hatch
Round 7 29th May Cadwell Park
Round 8 30th May Cadwell Park
Round 9 11th June Croix en Ternois
Round 10 12th June Croix en Ternois
Round 11 25th June Pembrey
Round 12 26th June Pembrey

Round 13 16th July Brands Hatch GP
Round 14 17th July Brands Hatch GP
Round 15 13th Aug Snetterton
Round 16 14th Aug Snetterton
Round 17 3rd Sept Brands Hatch
Round 18 4th Sept Brands Hatch

(Doubt I'll do the crossed out ones)

I get three tickets; though have to use one ticket myself.
Two other tickets are for my 'pit crew' as such.

If anyone's interested in coming along and lending a hand, I'd be interested to hear.

Tickets would normally bit over a tenner I think. You get to see a day or two's racing, some of which should be pretty close and exciting stuff... and a bit more 'real' than motogp etc.
Also don't get the crowds of the internation races, so spectating is much less hassle.

Ideally I would be looking for people to help the whole weekend and maybe the practice day as well, though I'm not expecting too much Smile. Would have to look at accomadations, shouldn't be too bad in summer at least.

Free T-shirts or similar to those that do it. I'm sure I can also rustle up some food and the like to help compensate for your time.

Obviously I would give priority to those that can spanner, take pics, or that I know who want to do it etc. Obviously I aint going to complain if you're the only person offering, even if you've never touched a padock stand before, but hope you can understand that as I only get two tickets, those that can help me more will take priority.

Main things would be stuff like getting tyre warmers on and off, refueling bike etc. Taking it through scrutineering maybe.
This isn't just me saying it; in one of the classroom sessions today they did mention that it's best to try and get others to do most of such stuff, so you can be more focused on riding the bike where possible.

So, anyone interested?

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind helping out a few times if you get stuck. I'm not the most competent person round a bike (which you'll know from my thread earlier Laughing ) but I am learning! I can aso take decent photos! I can't guarantee any dates at the moment, but bear me in mind.

You live in Reading (I think) which isn't too far from me either (Oxford).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:07 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be able to help, can do stuff like tyres warmers and other such stuff and some basic spannering type stuff, and/or (badly) taking photos.

Lots of other who can do both better than me, but would be interested. No idea which dates other than probably any.

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 07:18 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing tp help out at cadwell I think. the rest of the tracks are too far!

I do need to get this marshalling sorted though. Thinking

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you are aware I'm not the most mechanically minded but I can swing a mallet, and push !!!

And also drive a camera fairly well.

I'm certainly available for the Snett/Lydden/Brands events, even if you don't have a space for me under the 'pit ticket' I'm happy to pay and spectate/support and take pics.

(Will also be interesting to see how all this works, you never know next year.... Rolling Eyes )

Swaffs

Go G Racing !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 11:30 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do tyre walmers make tea/coffee and take poor photos. I can do some spannering and hitting with hammers but i'm no mechanic.
I'll def be around snett and cadwell. Depending on work i should be around for a few others.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:35 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise, not that mechanically adept, but always willing to help. Good with a camcorder.

Will be coming along to some anyway, as I suspect a fair number of people will be. Smile

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 11:40 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Just try and stop us. Razz Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 11:49 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Would like to come, maybe we could take it in turns, love to get a taste of what racings like Smile

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rift.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:21 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested....

I have done a foundation course and half a year of modern apprenteship in light vehicle (cars)

and found that bikes are quite simple

Would be helpful on my ambitions to become a "pit crew member"

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 13:18 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for it also, but like bendy says, a few of us will be coming to watch no matter what Wink

Don't let us down GGG (at least finish the race in one piece!)

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 14:03 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll offer tea making services, light spannering and, erm, I could hold an umberella whilst taking photos Wink

If you've got a weekend when you're short of people, let me know I'd love to help out Thumbs Up

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:11 - 21 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, I would like to wander along to a few of them. Cadwell is fairly close, Snetterton is not too bad. Can do some spannering and some picture taking.

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:00 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Re: [WANTED] Pit crew! Reply with quote

Thanks for the response all Thumbs Up.

Should be able to get people into the pits even if I can't get you a free ticket, so the more the merrier Smile.
As I mentioned, the price for the ticket is pretty good value anyway Smile.

Ideally I'd be hoping for people to at least be there from Friday evening to my last race on Sunday. No problems if not.

So, who's interested in coming to Snetterton on the 12/13th of March?
This is presuming I do get a grid position of course!
I'm presuming they'll increase the number of races for the first weekend, as I suspect the rookie 600 class will be /very/ full.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 01:11 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also happy to help and available for 12/13th. Smile

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 01:39 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Yeah can make that, tough cassy may want to come along too, she dosnt cout as a person though,right? She's too small Smile.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 13:55 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOO I have 2 sets of pit overalls... I will get them all stickerer up in yamaha colours etc so We look professionals! What number on the back? Wink

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 18:35 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm free that weekend G, and I will def be there pits or not.
J

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 18:40 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.

cliff
Doctor Sicknote

PostPosted: 23:58 - 22 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you need my special powers to win G. Wink Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:14 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to see when I'm free closer to each race, I know one end of a spanner from another, and I can cope with the anti Triumph jokes...

And I think I can use a camera, never tried taking any decent bike pics though I have to say...

Oh, and I know how to use cable ties! Wink

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:29 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Oh, and I know how to use cable ties! Wink

Oh cable ties. Professional now are we. I don't know, rebuild a Triumph TT and get all upity and forget the glories of gaffer tape Laughing .

All the best

Keith

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there on the 13th (unfortunately already have plans for the 12th) and will be going up in the scenic if anyone wants a lift (will be leaving early !!)

Swaffs

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:47 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Oh cable ties. Professional now are we. I don't know, rebuild a Triumph TT and get all upity and forget the glories of gaffer tape Laughing

I'll have you know the TT600 has no cable ties holding it together and definitely no gaffa tape.

There *are* some cable ties holding some cables together though... And a couple around one of the radiator hoses to hold the repair together...

I was just thinking for the purposes of on-the-fly improvised get you racing repairs! Wink

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 17:14 - 23 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much use in the pits but i'll come along to the cadwell ones, the other ones are just too damn far Wink. You need to do some more up north. I'd be interested to see how it all works!

James
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2