Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cadwell Park PACE day - 31st May

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 View related event: Cadwell Park PACE day (31 May) View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 15:09 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Cadwell Park PACE day - 31st May Reply with quote

A European Superbike School PACE day (on-bike transponders, lap timing) for £115 £92 - 20% off the normal price if you book before 17th March, so you'd better get your skates on before places sell out. To book call 0870 241 5159, for more info see the ESS site.

I've now booked, and will be travelling up on Monday evening (bank holiday) then camping overnight. Van space from London for another person and their bike is available for the usual donation of a bit of diesel and some witty banter.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:17 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Re: Cadwell Park PACE day - 31st May Reply with quote

Just a note that I'm racing on the Sunday and Monday at Cadwell hopefully.

So if anyone wants to get some inspiration from the fast boys (not counting me amoung them... but watch out for the Supersport 600s and Powerbikes, some of the top runners are very fast in those) I might be able to blag some more free entries.

I'll probably be going up on the Friday or Saturday, then I'll stay and at least watch the trackday Smile.

Semi tempted to try and do the trackday, should be pretty good at it by then Smile, as it would be my fourth day on track, with the previous two days racing it.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:25 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already booked, and planning to go up early and catch some racing. Thumbs Up

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 17:08 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to be there if i have money.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 19:04 - 25 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently working out my finances based on my income and outcome and working out what I can and can't do, I should be there though, will probably come to watch the racing if possible.

I'm sure you already know Korn but you can't camp on the grounds any more and what was wrong with my thread! Crying or Very sad

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:29 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

already booked Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 08:35 - 26 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be along to watch if nothing else. (To watch G and the pace day).

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 01:36 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, it's midweek

Now I've got me a licence and a 600 I'd like to get out to a trackday, a pace day seems perfect for a beginner, and the price isn't horrible.

Shame I can't book days off school....I feel flu coming on....
Twisted Evil

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 13:17 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this particular trackday has a no n00bs policy for some reason! Not sure why they just seem to reccomend that people who haven't done a trackday before don't go onto this one.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:28 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
Gah, it's midweek

Bank holiday the day before, so it's the first day of the working week.

I suspect it's 'no newbs' because they're probably running a school day the day before. This means they'll only have two groups; and won't want to have too big a range of abilities; ie if a lot of fast people turn up there may be some quite fast 'intermediate' level people in the slower group.

I was quite impressed with the instructor I was assigned at the ACU licence day; his attitude, as I didn't actually get a chance to get any 'proper' instruction from him unfortunately.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 21:28 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blurb says..

Quote:
Pace Day
NEW!

When you go to a Track Day do you worry about the speed of the group, or if riders will be in the right group and moved if not.

Maybe you worry about getting in the way of faster riders or vice versa or inconsiderate riding, if so then you should look a little closer.

If you can see the benefits of safe, quality track time and plenty of it, plus the chance to learn more about the track you are riding from riders that know, then you will enjoy PACE.

Suits all abilities

£115

Alot of the other trackdays including PACE days have a no n00bs policy, seems this is ok though...

I could well be up for it, I'd love a trackday, wanna see what my bike can really do.

Just bought some zippable trousers aswell.

Gaz

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 21:35 - 27 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking

There was a no n00bs policy on this day at first, guess they changed it because the mini mono things aren't running either. I was looking forward to a no n00b day, would've made me feel special.

Although this does mean that craig can finally book a trackday now!

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 13:35 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were a noob too?
How many trackdays do you need to complete before you lose noob status, I still class myself as very novice, isn't that the same as noob status?

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 13:37 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats if there are any spaces left to book now......Thinking

But I doubt he will! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 13:54 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stew wrote:

How many trackdays do you need to complete before you lose noob status?

It's an ESS thing where they want to run some days that are a bit faster than others, and as such are basically doing away with the true novice group. One trackday seems to be all they want for you not to be a complete newbie. Preferably an ESS day, but not essentially.

It all ties into this ESS licence stuff they're bringing in, where your times are recorded and they get a real idea of what standard you're riding at and can thusly put you out in the right place from the start (pace days have a kind of 'grid' so you're behind someone just a little faster and infront of someone just a little slower).

It does seem to work in practice too - you don't get fast people staying in novice cos it makes them feel big, or cocky people getting in the way in the fast group. Thumbs Up

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:

Although this does mean that craig can finally book a trackday now!

Hell'll probably freeze over before that happens. Razz

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 15:25 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear!

Website wrote:
CADWELL (FULL) Tuesday 31st May

Poor Shaun Doh!

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its means the full circuit that is all, I think.

Well I bloody well hope so as its just let me book!

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 15:42 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not fully booked, I think I'll take the booking over the phone option though, otherwise it still costs £115 so you don't get the discount.

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 16:14 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraigZZR wrote:
Its means the full circuit that is all, I think.

Ah phew! Mr. Green

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance! Dance! Dance! I'm Booked Dance! Dance! Dance!

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 16:44 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They let you on?
And i thought you were selling your bike?
J

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 17:02 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraigZZR wrote:
Dance! Dance! Dance! I'm Booked Dance! Dance! Dance!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Razz

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 28 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:
They let you on?
And i thought you were selling your bike?
J

If I do sell the GPZ there is more than enough time for me to get a new one anyway.

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 13:33 - 01 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun-y-poos should now also be booked in now Thumbs Up, I say should because the delightful chap who took the payment details didn't really sound all there Confused I'm hoping he was just tired!

Just hope if they did mess up they will get back in touch and not give away the placement or I shall be most upset!! Neutral
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3