BCF: Bike Chat Forums

damage

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

therock
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:12 - 02 Mar 2005    Post subject: damage Reply with quote

hi folks just wondered if any one could tell me what damage could be wrong with my bandit, after being hit from behind,i was wating at the traffic lights when a car pulled up behind me and stopped the next thing i know i was being pushed forward he hit me quiet sharp , he left part of the number plate in my tyre,,,,, thanks paul

steve09
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:31 - 02 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

woulda thought
Buckeled wheel? maybe bent swing arm/ frame if u got hit quite hard,,
did it wobble alot or have u not road it since?

not sure on tth info someone will veryfie it for me im sure heeh

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 02 Mar 2005    Post subject: Re: damage Reply with quote

therock wrote:
hi folks just wondered if any one could tell me what damage could be wrong with my bandit, after being hit from behind,i was wating at the traffic lights when a car pulled up behind me and stopped the next thing i know i was being pushed forward he hit me quiet sharp , he left part of the number plate in my tyre,,,,, thanks paul

Not wanting to state the obvious but, take it to a garage, get a quote, pass it to the insurance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:38 - 02 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the whiplash claim in Cool

On a serious note, yeah get it checked out by a mechanic. It needs to be jacked up so you can see the full extent of the damage. From what you've said I wouldn't be surprised if it's a write off. Plastics cost a fortune, and if you've damaged the swingarm and back wheel in any way at all, the Suzuki Christmas party should be good this year if they decide to repair it.

beans
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:18 - 03 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happend to me but got away with just a bent rim and buckled wheel after some poo on a hornet hit me in the backside at a good 15 - 20 mph. Put the bike on the centre stand, start the engine and put it into gear and stand behind the bike and watch the wheel spin you will soon be able to tell if anything is wrong. If the bike is ridable (no rear wheel probalems) check to see if the bike pulls to one side, it will do this under hard accleration or braking. It might even start weaving at any speeds above 30mph so be aware!!
If it does pull you can probably be quite sure its a write off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

therock
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:10 - 06 Mar 2005    Post subject: bike back on the road Reply with quote

well i had my bike checked out and everything is ok just repalced the tire thanks for your comments..........
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1