Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Snetterton 12th/13th March Pit Crew and spectator numbers?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
 View related event: Bemsee Snetterton Race Weekend (12 Mar to 13 Mar) View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:13 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Snetterton 12th/13th March Pit Crew and spectator numbers? Reply with quote

Unfortunately I've missed the testing on Friday; there was a few spaces left when I first called, but they were all gone by the time I actually had money Sad.

So I will be getting to Snetterton on Friday Afternoon/Evening. I may try and make it for mid-late afternoon so there's some sun light left to set stuff up etc.

A few people have shown interest in helping out. Hopefully I should be able to get three people in for free on Saturday (I don't know if I can get three different people on Sunday), this should be in addition to those coming on Sunday.

I don't have much space in the van, but if anyone does want to come on Friday night, then I can probably offer a mattress and an oil-filled radiator for a tent. Doubt I'll be able to run the generator all night, but they stay hot for a while... a tent may actually be warmer than my bigger, uninsulated metal and fibreglass van Confused.

When I sort them out (and a scheme for the bike) a free t-shirt or similar item of clothing for anyone stupid nice enough to turn up on Friday night or get there stupidly early Friday morning Thumbs Up.
While I hope there won't be any problems, if there's any problems with scrutineering then it may be the time I most need help.

A few people have shown interest already. What dates/times are people able to make it?
If I'm lucky I may be able to blag a few extra free passes, so if I can get an idea of who is looking to be attending, I'll see what I can do.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:19 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be coming to spectate anyway.

Can come up Friday evening after work / silly hours Sat if you're desperate enough for pit crew that you want a mechanical fuckwit such as myself helping out. Laughing

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to play it by ear, so don 't want to commit myself.
got a few things on and it's too early to confirm/cancel.

I will do my best to get there as much as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 12:26 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as bedy realy. Will be there to watch anyway, i can carry stuff and maybe hit something with a hammer if you need mechanical help.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:13 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got race times, these will depend on how the other races go I presume.

My first practice is at 10pm each day.

I can reccomend a local B&B if anyone's interested; they have a 'bunk room' that's cheaper as well as normal rooms that are done out nicely.

However it may well be booked out by now.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:20 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Presume you mean 10am for the practice, otherwise you had better put the lights back on.

If you have a recommended B&B or 2 then that would be appreciated. Currently thinking about both myself and Charlotte wandering along, probably early Saturday and going home Sunday evening.

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:23 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that would be 10am.

https://www.strenneth.co.uk/ is the place I've stayed before.

Noticed they also have:
Quote:
Caravans for hire 2, 4 or 6 berth.

Can be delivered to Snetterton Race Track for days or weekends, racing teams or spectators.

Weekly rates for touring caravans.

For more details phone Paul Davey at Strenneth

01379 688182

Might give them a shout and see what they charge; though will be more than I'd be wanting to pay I suspect Sad.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:41 - 05 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Seems there are a few VD people racing there that weekend:-

https://www.visordown.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2685245

All the best

Keith

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:54 - 06 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be there on the saturday to spectate and provide mechanical help if required, but I'm disappointed by the fact that I can't make it the whole weekend.

Sorry. Sad

I might be able to do a weekend later in the year though! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 12:06 - 06 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Will deffo come for 1 day, will be bringing cassy so cant really stay the whole weekend, will help out if you got no one else Smile.

Will hopefully be along for one full weekend at some point, probably leave it to when other people cant make it Thumbs Up

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:15 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at hiring a caravan if people are interested in sharing a bit of the cost?

A 6 berth caravan will be £129.50 for four days. We should be able to fit more than 6 people in that, if we can fit a mattress or two on the floor. Also a gas canister at £15.75 would mean no need to run the genny 'till the last minute to keep radiators hot, as well as hot water/food/shower etc.

So far I've only found one confirmed place that will do it; and that's in Reading rather than Norfolk Unfortunately, however the price is the same for a 6 berth as a 2 berth, though this price is for a slightly older one, the newer ones are an extra £60 or so. Also, the two bunk beds are supposed to be for people under 10 stone Confused. I'm sure we could work it out one way or another.

People that are coming so far:
Me : Friday afternoon - Sunday
Bendy : offered to attend from Friday night
Jay ?
Goose : offered to attend from Friday night
Luke: friday / Saturday / Sunday
Cassy: friday / Saturday / Sunday
Keith : Saturday / Sunday
Charlote : Saturday / Sunday
Mark : Saturday
Ste : Saturday
Swaffs?
Robby : Saturday
Wave : Sometime
Dusty : Saturday Probably
Laura : Saturday Probably

If those that aren't sure, can get here on the Friday you should definitely not have to pay entry fees. I will see what I can do for the rest, but will probably only be able to get three at most in over the two days. If we have a caravan it's not going to cost any more for people to sleep in it an extra night Smile. Entry fees are £12 per person.

Last edited by G on 23:34 - 07 Mar 2005; edited 2 times in total

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 14:34 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might pop up and say hello and touch you all Very Happy Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 16:18 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can stay from the friday night, if there is caravan space ill put Pound Coin Penny Coin in to the pot.
J

Last edited by jay12329 on 16:39 - 07 Mar 2005; edited 1 time in total

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 16:38 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave you can sleep in my car if you like. Laughing
J

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:35 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far for a caravan I have:

Me
Bendy
Jay
Goose (I presume)
Luke?
Cassy?

Anyone else wanting a space?

I'm sure we can fit an extra mattress or two in the caravan, and I'm sure there will still be room for a matteress in the van as well.

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 22:15 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need very limted space, just me and me duvet Very Happy
or even a car, you all no i love sleeping in cars

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:04 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst case; the front of the van will be free I reckon Smile.

I'm hoping for a contribution for use of the caravan, presuming I'm going to get one; this is supposed to be racing on the cheap Confused. If everyone chips in £15 a'piece should do it; pretty reasonable for two days accomadation 10 seconds walk away from a race track Smile.

However, if I'm feeling kind I may provide free food Smile.
So, any requests for food?

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 23:08 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQ? Maybe propper food out one night?
J

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:31 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking something like bacon butties for breakfast. Sandwhiches or maybe hot dogs/burgers for lunch and something half decent for evening meal. Sure a BBQ could be involved somewhere though... or I could just use 'george' Smile.

Anyone need to know how to get there?

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 20:50 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Oi why there still ? marks next to mine and cassy's names Smile

Its like our mini BDB Very Happy

Luke

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately Saturday is still looking busy, so I might aim to leave early Sunday morning, Or I may drive up Saturday evening with a boot full of beer !!!!!!

I'l be fine sleeping in the scenic if I do.and might have space in the front of the car if required.

Either way I'l be there Sunday for phots.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:47 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest list:
Me : Friday afternoon - Sunday
Bendy : Friday afternoon - Sunday
Goose : Friday evening - Sunday
Luke: Friday evening - Sunday
Cassy: Friday evening - Sunday
Danny: Friday - Sunday
Jay: Friday - Sunday
Ste : Friday - Saturday
Wave : Sometime?

Keith : Saturday / Sunday
Charlote : Saturday / Sunday
Mark : Saturday
Dusty : Saturday Probably
Laura : Saturday Probably
Swaffs : Sunday
Robby : Saturday

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:03 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things to remember:

I'm told it shouldn't be a problem getting in on the practice day or evening, as they don't usually ask for tickets.
However, no guarentees, so don't expect to get in for free, do hope to though.

Remember to bring lots of warm bedding! Even in a caravan, it's not going to be that warm; well may not be, depending on what heaters they have etc.

I'm looking to get two caravans as quite a few people are turning up. No guarentees, but hopefully it can be done.

If you want to bring beer or other alcohol, feel free, I won't be as I don't want to be drinking. There is a bar onsite that I expect will be open Smile.

If you want hot drinks, also you'll need to bring a kettle and appropriate drinking stuff.

Might help if people can bring their own plates as well, though I'll try and sort something out.

Feel free to mention anything else you think you/others should remember.

Seeing that I'll hopefully getting use of a free caravan, probably wanting a bit more for use of them maybe £20 or a tad more, as diesel etc is going to be higher, never mind getting some beer for the bloke lending us the caravan Smile.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:04 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We have booked into the B&B you mentioned.

Warmer......

All the best

Keith

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 19:59 - 10 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it, I may come and watch at Lydden.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2