Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kawasaki ZXR4!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Springbok_Tony This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Gixer
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:29 - 27 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i had a ZXR400 b4 i got me GSXR6. I had it restricted for all of two days :-? There was no power at all. The kwak has crap midrange as it is so it relies on top end power and with the restrictors in u can never get this power DOH!!!. Did look nice though u can make the bike turn faster by raising the rear end (there are adjuster nuts at top of rear shock) and lowering the front (but only by about 3-4mm) u will be surprised how much quicker the bike turns. A must is a pipe though. Get that kwak noise pumpin :D another worthwhile upgrade would be stainless brake hoses and a set of EBC HH brake pads. These are by far the best road brake pads i have tried but be careful they have a lot more initial bite than other pads!!!

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 11:55 - 27 Mar 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

ive got the zxr4 not the 6 Smile
although it would b nice hehehe

you definitly have to make the restrictors fall out asap... it dont exactly take long to get em out.

the mid power isnt too bad, but then again i havent been riding a 6! of course the mid is gonna b shit campared to ur 6 gixer, ur riding something with 30 more bhp. duh.

all in all i think its a nice bike, and with a blueflame can, it sounds the dogs Very Happy

enjoy ur bike!

Gixer
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:55 - 27 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i mant it lacks midrange compared to other 400's. I have ridden a CBR400rr and a VFR400 both of these felt like they pulled better lower down 4000rpm-8000rpm. Though the kwak definately screams once it gets to 8000rpm and this is where it pips the other 400's. Depends on how u like to ride. If u love canning the absolute crap outta the engine (Don't we all :D ) then the kwak is ace. If u do a lot of riding around town etc where lower power is better then the CBR or the VFR would be better. Though i got the kwak and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Think my Gixer6 has got about 55bhp more anyhow. Just got a GSXR600K1 120bhp claimed :D lot faster than me old 99GSXR6 had this dynoed with full system, filetr and jet kit was puttin out 96bhp at rear wheel.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1