Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

my video from oulton park

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 22:23 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: my video from oulton park Reply with quote

Ok people, this is my VERY FIRST video I have made, Shaun, Helen, and martin recorded it for me at my first track day this year on my zxr400.

Feedback is appreciated as I plan on making more. Please note this was my first trackday on this bike so I was extremely slow Wink

Anyway....

https://www.asge78.dsl.pipex.com/oulton.WMV

right click and save as.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DisabledRider
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:32 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrite mike..

Kool vid, didn't like the music tho Smile haha...

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one piece of advice would be, don't let someone else edit it! That way you don't have to worry about random insults half way through!

Oh, and shoot whoever chose the music!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DisabledRider
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:55 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh Lol. Mike i'll edit it for you if you want Razz

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 23:06 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, but I edited it my self Razz I'm not ashamed to admit I was crap, I did get taken by a pan of all the things...

I've done a track day since and I got used to the bike alot more, maybe my next vid won't be such a piss take (at least not of me.... when I pass shaun...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DisabledRider
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:09 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha kool, cant wait, but like i sed on messenger the musics shite Smile hehe

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're a better man than me. I'd have burnt the footage of the Pan if it was me and denied all knowledge Laughing

You still doing Brands on the 17th?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 23:14 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes silver, will be there on the 17th, sadly I think i'm going alone (unless you will be there?) everyone else is at work so no one to get any video footage either Sad

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was going to rebook either the 16th or 17th. Seems like we're the only two people going so I'll book the 17th too. Weather looks good Praying

Northernlass will be coming, although not with the camcorder (not much fond of wobbly shots of grass/sky/grass/sky/empty track!). She'll have her EOS 300D and took some good shots at Cadwell so you might get in a couple!

welshy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1ke.....that made me laugh so much.....what were you thinking with that music Shocked (We .my girlfriend and I, sang that as Karaoke in a Cowboy bar in Nevada last year and nearly got shot!!!)

Anyway, some tips. Make of them what you will.

1) Choose the right music. It can make all the difference.
2) When you want to include some speech just lower the music and increase the speech, don't stop the music.
3) Try and do cuts on the beat of the music.
4) Onboard footage to mix with the trackside if you can.
5) Display any text with the video still visible.

I have a couple of vids on hear that follow most of the above but the best thing to do is have a play and see what you come up with.

Quote:
Please note this was my first trackday on this bike so I was extremely slow

Your riding looked like it got quicker during the vid. But there is no excuse for the 'pan' incident Wink

PS. Would it be a good idea to start a topic/area for trackday meets?

Big and Clever Surprised

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 00:45 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to hurt you next time I see you M1ke.

Wanders off humming Barbie Girl against her will.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
I'm going to hurt you next time I see you M1ke.

Wanders off humming Barbie Girl against her will.

You think that's bad. I was on a bus in Fiji travelling from one side of the main island to the other about 4-5 years ago. Not only did I have to put up with the driver trying to overtake things on blind bends/hills in the mountains for the two hour journey but...

...he played the entire bloody Aqua album Evil or Very Mad

...for the entire journey Evil or Very Mad

...on repeat! Evil or Very Mad

Brick Wall

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 07:28 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshy wrote:
1) Choose the right music. It can make all the difference.

Are you trying to say he didn't choose the right song, because I believe he did, he chose that song to suit his riding.

R4nger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic song! Laughing

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurv the song Thumbs Up lol

looked like you were getting quicker towards the end of the vid

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 23:39 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, he just sped up the footage!

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 23:47 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good sighting lap. However if that track wasnt covered in diesil or ice, or there werent large crowds of topless models standing just next to the corners.... im deeply concerned....

Lovely bike though.
Certainly seemed to get up to speed on the straight
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:32 - 09 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 2 bikes you see wizing past at the end were in the fast group, mike was in novice, he just put in a quick pan of them, and a wobbley shot of him in the attempt to make it look like he was out there with them. Laughing

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 10 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the video but it loooks to me as you are not taking the corners tighter and not being aggressive enough with the throttle ie backing off to early.

I don't mean to criticize or offend just trying to help.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 14:55 - 10 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deano wrote:
I like the video but it loooks to me as you are not taking the corners tighter and not being aggressive enough with the throttle ie backing off to early.

I don't mean to criticize or offend just trying to help.

Yes it's true, I was having a bad time trying to get used to the zxr, it's extra weight and different tyre profiles/suspension set up left me running wide all the time. I pretty much got that cracked at silverstone, so I will be finding out for sure next week...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 54 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1