Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

a short video of me scraping a peg at 120kmph.. 80

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:23 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: a short video of me scraping a peg at 120kmph.. 80 Reply with quote

here is a short video of me pushing too hard into a tight corner and then pushing harder out of corner, I'm not sure if I was going ok around the track because the race guys were getting times of 59 seconds and I was only managing 67seconds I don't know how much harder the racers go but it must be so much quicker Shocked

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it my son !!!! Very Happy Thumbs Up
Ace clip, as said in your photo post, damm nice weather.
Hope you had a good time

Andy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Re: a short video of me scraping a peg at 120kmph.. 80 Reply with quote

I suspect the racers hit the apex for a start Wink Razz.
Though I'm often quite bad at ignoring the lines, especially if I've been overtaking a lot of people anyway so am used to 'overtaking lines'

Will have to sort it out on Saturday though Confused; I'm not too bad with the track I'll be at though, which is something

Also, it looked like you weren't hanging off the bike that much, though it was hard to tell. From here it looked more like you were only moving your weight slightly then sticking your knee out.

Being only 10% or so off the pace of racers is pretty good (presuming they were racers of slightly higher calibre than me Smile ).

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:32 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex? whats that? Wink I found that overtaking down the straight was hard because I had to brake way too hard because people were going way too slow into corners and making me almost do a stoppy if I were right behind them Shocked so I just try to concentrate on hitting the smoothest overtaking lines around the corner I will post some profesional pics when I get them, like the one where I go from full lean to the left with my knee on the ripple strip to slide my ass over the other side, tip it in as hard as I can exiting onto a 140kmph right bend with my knee skipping the ripple strip again and drifting out to the very edge on the exit, by far that is the best corner on the track but immpossible to pass on the outside there Wink

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 21:39 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thats a shit load on lean'age, nice one Smile.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 04:02 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

would fitting some higher footpegs be neccessary if I wanted to increase my cornering speed a bit more? at some of the corners the peg would touch down but fold up a little so I am guessing it could use a bit more clearance but how much more can you lean after the stock pegs scrape? would the tyres be able to hold more lean? Confused

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:22 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOFLY 636 wrote:
found that overtaking down the straight was hard because I had to brake way too hard because people were going way too slow into corners and making me almost do a stoppy

Whether or not someone else is there, that is exactly the braking you want coming up to every corner Smile. You are braking the hardest when the back wheel is just about to come up Smile.

Higher foot pegs would help, but I'm too convinced that's the main problem. I presume you are on the power slightly (60/40 weight distribution and stuff)? Hanging off more would definitely help and I would be tempted to check the suspension.

I have usually managed to get to the limits off a bike/tyre's cornering potential before bits of the bike go down, thanks to body position etc.
Not sure how high the pegs are on the new ZX6, but would have though they should be ok.

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:40 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh yeah I think I know what you mean, like try to keep your shoulders and head nice and low so the bike need not lean over as much and use the lower center of gravity for a faster smoother corner? I find I run out of clearance when exiting a corner and try to pick the bike up from full lean, I think it could have something to do with a lack of experience, for example I distinctly remember trying to slide my ass across to the other side of the bike by using my inside foot to climb over and accidentally tightening the line even more as a result. Maybe I need to concentrate on using the bikes power to pull the bike out of the corner more so than my body position, or put some weight on the outside peg at the same time as gassing it out of the corner

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:58 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't really be moving your body to get the bike upright. Counter steer and use the power.

If possible you should only move your weight around when you're not turning. So get into the hanging off position before the corner and get back on when the bike's fairly stable. Obviosuly this may not be possible for chicanes.

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:16 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks G as you can tell I don't really know much about riding fast so any advise is welcomed Thumbs Up makes sense now thinking about it though! I did notice at the track that when the really fast racers were coming out of ^THAT CORNER^ they were still hanging off the bike down the short 300meter front straight, then tipping into another right hander at about 90kmph I am guessing this would be to reduce time needed for set up before the corner? and there was a set of S bends that threw me out every time I tried to negotiate them, I couldn't get the hang of steering left right left under power made the bike feel really twitchy and light in the front end Shocked I think that section is where I was losing the most amount of time as the racers were pulling away as soon as I came to that section of the track Evil or Very Mad

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you allways post speeds in kph?
Do you use kph, or do you think we use it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's in Aus, where speed limits are in km/h. Hence obviously his speedo will be in km/h.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:34 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird!
I allways thought Aus was Mph just like UK & US.

Useful to know Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1