Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Slow puncture

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

DarrenJ
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 12 Mar 2005    Post subject: Slow puncture Reply with quote

I've got a b*tch of a slow puncture on my back tyre it's lost about 12 psi in a week.
As my tyre is near brand new I don't really want to replace it. If I remember rightly I've seen a tool which can block slow punctures can anyone shed any light on this.
I think it was on one of them shopping channels it was like a liquid which you deflate your tyre and spray it into the actual wheel and it plugs the holes up?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 12 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get green stuff called Slime to squirt into your tyres to seal punctures. Your tyre changing garage will not love you if you use it, and there are plenty of people who wouldn't recommend it anyway. It might be easier to get a plug put in the puncture rather than putting in slime; so long as it is not near the sidewall of the tyre it should be okay to plug.

Tyre slime is £8-9 from Heine Gericke and other places if you want it.
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DarrenJ
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:20 - 12 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers mate I'll give it ago as I don't feel like forking out for another new tyre yet.
I saw it on ebay for a fiver which is pretty decent but one thing i noticed is that they all say its for innertubes... Where does that leave me and my half f@cked tubeless tyre?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:00 - 12 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get it for both types of tyre.
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.87 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 40.17 Kb