BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike transport - how do you do it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 23:24 - 13 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 mins away and all you need is to whip your mirrors off... just ride! It means you can go on the morning, and not worry about any traffic jams on the way. Smile

But otherwise... optional handlebar strappy thing @ £10 and 4 ratchet straps. Job's a goodun.

https://www.evilbendy.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_trailertwo.jpg

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 06:07 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

when strapping the front end down nice and tight is there any chance of doing the forks any harm? I am a bit worried now my bike feels a bit weird after riding it at the track then transporting it 200km home on a trailor and then a small road ride today but it's probably just trackday after effects on me hopefully Confused

Zoffo
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:20 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check these out
www.bikelug.co.uk

They fold up so you can put them in the boot of your car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 13:43 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

90mins isnt that bad, i ride to all my track days. Silverstone, snetterton and croft are all around 100miles away. All you need to do it take off/tape mirrors. I also tape up lights and number plate.
Prep takes about 5mins and most of that is finding where i put my tape!
Which cadwell date were you thinking about?
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 15 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:
90mins isnt that bad, i ride to all my track days. Silverstone, snetterton and croft are all around 100miles away. All you need to do it take off/tape mirrors. I also tape up lights and number plate.
Prep takes about 5mins and most of that is finding where i put my tape!

That's all well and good, and exactly what I've done for all my days thus far, but what happens if you bin the bike significantly enough so that it's unrideable?

When I was at Silverstone last October a bloke on a R6 ripped his engine casing off and he'd ridden down from Carlise! He had no way of getting back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOFLY 636 wrote:
when strapping the front end down nice and tight is there any chance of doing the forks any harm? I am a bit worried now my bike feels a bit weird after riding it at the track then transporting it 200km home on a trailor and then a small road ride today but it's probably just trackday after effects on me hopefully Confused

nah

I race at 200mph with mine strapped down Wink

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:44 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
what happens if you bin the bike significantly enough so that it's unrideable?

Same thing that happens if you do it on the road - you call your recovery company and get them to take it home for you.

Drag the wreck outside the gates of the circuit if need be and claim "trackday? what trackday? I was just riding past and lost it" Angelic

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

Drag the wreck outside the gates of the circuit if need be and claim "trackday? what trackday? I was just riding past and lost it" Angelic

Funny, a guy in a brand spanking new 911 once did that at Cadwell. Realised his insurance would cover it and got the recovery people in the circuit to cart it outside the gates and dump it in a ditch.

Job done. Laughing

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 16 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam_P wrote:
Funny, a guy in a brand spanking new 911 once did that at Cadwell. Realised his insurance would cover it and got the recovery people in the circuit to cart it outside the gates and dump it in a ditch.

Job done. Laughing

Yeah, I've "heard" of insurance companies at track days watching vehicles though. Then you get done for fraud! Shocked Probably scare-mongering by the insurance companies though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2