Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mixing 4-stroke oils

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:30 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Mixing 4-stroke oils Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm doing a full oil/oil filter change. I've got 2.4 litres of Castrol Gps, (dedicated bike oil) and I need about 3.4 for my Cbr400 '92

It is ok to mix with about 1litre of car oil, which is also 10W/40 and part-synthetic?

I do changes every 3,000kms so although it probably isn't recommended it should be ok, right?

Mainly because I'm skint, and want to use up what's lying around...

Thanks, Claud
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would help out but damnit, I'm a bit short Wink

https://www.walesbikers.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/MauPics/random/normal_Oil.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="maurice"]I would help out but damnit, I'm a bit short Wink
quote]

You know the 4lr bottles work out far cheaper. Wink

Do get them on the cheap or something?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy another litre of castrol gps and don't be so cheap.

You may also need more than quoted, always good to have a little spare for topping up.

I wouldn't put car oil in a bike like that, in case of clutch slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 25p a bottle.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurice wrote:
Yeah, 25p a bottle.


(If you are not joking)

How many bottles of GPS do you have? I will take a lot!

PM me to talk business. Thanks, Claud.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I paid for them.. I.e. not what I'm selling them for Laughing

Almost exhausted the GPS now anyway, only got enough for one more change Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="maurice"]That's what I paid for them.. I.e. not what I'm selling them for Laughing quote]

Laughing I know dude, I wouldn't expect them for 25p!!! Laughing

Still if you want to shift any, let me know. I'm sure we could work out a deal that would be mutually beneficial for the both of us. Wink

Retail @ Halfrauds = 1lr about 11.99
4lrs about 22.99

I know why they do it, I just can't walk in and take 1 litre when I can get 3 more for only double the price. Bastards. Neutral
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it's more like £7.99 a bottle... if it makes any difference. Might be worth checking on Tesco's end-of-line specials shelf to see if any's going cheap Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 29 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool. I'll get some more GPS. Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes

Cheers for help all.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 17 - Page Size: 63.91 Kb