Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Penalty?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Springbok_Tony This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 03:57 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the pigs catch on then you'll get bollocked for riding wihtout a licence (as youd only have one for a 33bhp bike). Crying or Very sad
If the insurance company finds out them theyll void you insurance.
But so long as youve got the papers to say that youve bought and had the restrictors fitted then they wont know - after all, are the pigs really gonna go to the trouble of dynoing your bike?? 8)

PostPosted: 00:12 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: happened to a sum1 i know... Reply with quote

I regularly go down to The Unicorn pub in Gunthorpe, Notthingam, quite a few bikes are down there. I saw a lush ZXR400 in the car park and went snooping round his Yoshi RS-3 can, which made him come out the pub. He didn't mind, and we got chatting. I asked him how fast it goes, and he replied what on paper or really. I asked him what he meant, and this is basically what has happened to him...

He is 18, one year away from obtaining an unrestricted licence, he is currently restricted to 33bhp. He bought the ZXR400, got it restricted, and carries the Dyno printout, as well as insurance documents, licence, etc under the seat.

He was at a junction, next to a Mitsubishi Evo VI, and he pulled away quicker from the lights but didnt exceed the speed limit.

A couple of coppers were in an unmarked Mondeo a few cars back, saw what happened, and thought he had broke the speed limit, so they pulled him up. During which they asked to see his licence obviously. They saw he had a restricted licence and gave him a date to take his bike in for a dyno test. This gave him time (a couple of days) to go home, bang the restrictors back in, and take the bike along to wherever they wanted it tested. Sure enough it came back, 33bhp. Coppers satisfied. Goes home, out come the restrictors, and away he goes. 2 months later, same coppers pull him up. They don't bother asking him to take his bike in for a dyno anymore Smile
You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1