Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

JUST GOT MYSELF A 2001 NSR125 Y PLATE

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 00:48 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: JUST GOT MYSELF A 2001 NSR125 Y PLATE Reply with quote

Hi dudez,

Finally got myself an NSR 125 had it about...hold on...6 hours, and I am loving it already, even though I have only rode it up the street!!

It is a 2001, Y plate model, with 1500 miles on the clock, and it cost me....wait for it.......£1500.

YES £1500.

Ok, now you're asking yourself why.....hmmm well.....its been crashed basically. But not as bad as you think. A light knock on the front then it was dropped onto the right hand side. Bent the bracket holding the clocks, smashed the headlights, light scuffs on the right hand fairings, speedo glass is broke, needs 2 indicators, and both top fairings and screen will need replacing. Forks are fine, everything else is fine really apart from a very light mark on the exhaust and the tailpiece. I have got most of the parts, all I need to do is get the indicators which won't be a lot, sort out the speedo glass.....(can't be a deal can it???) then I need the bracket which I am told is about £150, and then I have the right hand top fairing but it needs spraying black cos its yellow lol, and then I need a screen and the top left fairing. So basically another £300 and it will be on the road as god as new, saving me a grand lol.

By the way, it was a Meta Alarm System fitted.....are these standard on 2001 NSR 125's or is it an aftermarket thing??? Also, do the tyres come with tyre paint as standard??? And what oil do you suggest using, full or semi-synthetic.....I spoke to a mechanic, who sez that I won't need fully synthetic coz I ain't using it on a track, and semi-synthetic will do fine.

One last thing.....It has Pirelli's on at the moment, are these tyres any good??? What do you suggest I get when these wear out??? And how much are they??? What about chain and sprocket prices???

Thanks a lot, you will be hearing from me a lot on this message board now I have my NSR 125!!!!!!!!

Ride safe guys.

---Scooby---
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 04:02 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you gotchaa good deal there.
The pirellis have a decent rep but it depends what model they are. Ive got Bridgestones on mine and I paid about £120 for the pair.
Chain and sprocket - Ive just ordered myself a new un and its cost me £55, thats for a bottom of the range tho. For an OE one expect around £80.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:07 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: JUST GOT MYSELF A 2001 NSR125 Y PLATE Reply with quote

Full synth all the way... if you value your engine anyway

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:38 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Speedo glass is probably not available seperatly, so you probably officially need a new speedo. Either a 2nd hand one should be cheapest, or maybe try a few of the places doing mph / kph conversions and see if they know anyone that can help.

The fairing bracket may be straightenable with a press, certainly worth a try at £150! Enough places advertise for frame staightening

All th ebest

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: new nsr Reply with quote

scooby only use fully synt 2T oil if u want ur engine to last and, as for the speedo glaass try a breakers or go to a glass place and get 1 made for u, or get some plastic and cut it to shape!!

good price for ur nsr, post a pic once its ready.\\take care and enjoy mate.

TJ 8)

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 21:17 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: MY NSR 125 Reply with quote

Hello dudez me again!!

Right I went to Pidcocks today (Honda Dealer0, and got a quote for all the parts I need. The bracket at the front wasnt as much as the mechanic made out, Pidcocks say £58.91. All the parts I need amount to £220 approx, so it won't be long before I am riding it.

I went on my street on it today with no clocks, no fairing, no mudguard, and boy it shifts!!!! I did about 60 up my street, and I had no lid on, all I had was a t-shirt and trousers and trainers. (Stupid I know).

Will post a picture once it's ready, it will have a slight scuff on the right fairing, but apart from that nothing wrong with it, and if the prices are as cheap for the fairings I might just get new ones!!

--Scooby--

Maple

PostPosted: 22:54 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: Got a new baby Reply with quote

Embarassed Well hi folks. I am new to this site and me thinks its a good one. Just got myself a NRS125 1998 and am chuffed to bits. Cant wait to get on it. Just searching through insurances and they are pretty damn good prices, mind you could be due to my age...getting on a bit but fighting it every minute Evil or Very Mad You could say I am a girlie racer Laughing
You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:43 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: MY NSR 125 Reply with quote

scoobysnacks wrote:

I went on my street on it today with no clocks, no fairing, no mudguard, and boy it shifts!!!! I did about 60 up my street, and I had no lid on, all I had was a t-shirt and trousers and trainers. (Stupid I know).

--Scooby--

are u our ut mind no lid and in a T shirt have u got a death wish. i know someone who killed himself for riding up his lane with no lid he came of and that was it. i always wear my lid ur stupid if u dnt

Stevo

PostPosted: 13:15 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that no lid is stupid, but if you live on a quiet road, or a res estate then its tempting, when you need to test your bike after you have been working on it. I have ridden my bikes up the road a few times in my overalls, say if i have just adjusted my brakes, and wanna check how they feel. Still i reckon that the fuzz would take a dim view all the same!

maple

PostPosted: 21:30 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: Scooby snacks Reply with quote

Sorry to say this scooby but you must be some sort of a baby racer. There is no way any "real" biker would chance going out without all the proper gear. Mad I really cannot understand anyone going out with just a t-shirt and jeans. No helmet as well is just madness. Its not big and its not funny. Still I value my skin and bones, perhaps you can cope without them, even if it would be in the afterlife.....

Short story:- True. Man was selling a crosser and was showing the prospective buyer how it performed. Went out with no helmet, no leathers. Rode through his field knowing it well. Well he caught a chain link fence with his head and it acted as a cheese grater and took a five inch square chunk of skin off his head down to his skull. The irony was he was not doing any great speed. Scooby think again. Lecture over xxx

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:48 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: Scooby snacks Reply with quote

I often ride my bikes up down the road after working on them, withough helmet etc.... the road is a close and about 30m long though.
It's definatley asking for trouble riding without a helmet on an open road though... especially if you don't have insurance.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:12 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: NSR125 Reply with quote

God chill out!! When I say I was doing 60 I was exagerrating, as anyone in their right mind would know. And the reason I had no lid on was because when my mate first bought his Aprilia RS50 he went up the street on it with his lid on and the copper pulled up and said what you think you're doing blah blah blah and did him for no insurance or licence. I didn't wear my lid because I live in the same village as him and chances are if I saw a copper it would be the same one, so my excuse would be I just got the bike off the truck and was giving it a quick blast... If I had my lid on he might think I am going further than the end of my street, so you never know he might let me off this way.

My road is very quiet, and I did it when nobody was around with a full view both sides of the road, and my 60mph was a big exaggeration, I was doing 30mph max, but the NSR is such a change from my 50cc it seemed like more.

I am not a boy racer as you make out, but I suppose anyone is the same when they get a new bike, you just wanna try it out as soon as you get it. At least I ain't like these dickheads who go round all the time with no insurance. Also, I do like the odd race now and again, nothing dangerous, just to see who's bikes quickest. When I had my 50cc we used to do it all the time, part of owning a bike really for the thrill of it. Such an adrenalin rush. And anyone who disagrees might as well get a car, cos summer riding on bikes is a mixture of cruising and speed.

Ok I have finished my essay now........but before I go, anyone live round the Nottingham area fancies a blast somewhere this summer? I regularly go to the Grey Goose in Gedling, and the Wild Ox at Six Hills in Leicestershire.

L8ers.

---scooby---

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:43 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: no Reply with quote

no your completly missing the point mate we ant it ant a matter of being fucked my the pigs its more keeping yourself in one peice it don't matter if you were doing 30 or 5mph the fact is no shirt and no lid = bad idea your asking for it. as for the racing thing i'm sure most of us race every time we get a chance and ride reclosy etc when he said boy racer he means u dnt have a clue what your doing basicly. You have to ride in the right gear lives to short as it is

Maple

PostPosted: 23:51 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: Scoobysnacks Reply with quote

Your daft bugar. You are more worried about getting caught by the coppers than injuries. I agree its a bit of a jolt going from a 50cc to a 125cc.. god help you when you get a R1. You should do what my bloke does race an R6 on the track... no lamp posts....no coppers...no speed limits and if all else fails kitty litter with medics on hand.

Bye the bye I ride a GSXR400RRSP and have just bought a Honda NRS 125 to sod about on... 2 strokes... you just point and squirt. Laughing

Hope you have as much fun as I do (wagging finger) be safe!!!

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:52 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

I dont make a habit of riding with no lid and just a tshirt you know. In fact this is the first time I have ever done it, and I know I was stupid and I won't ever do it again. I like to think I am pretty same cos even on my 50cc moped I bought a decent lid and a leather jacket where all my mates bought B class lids and wore no particular jacket that would make them feel any less pain if they came off. I see your point though, and I must admit I am inexperienced with geared bikes, and this is basically to learn on.

Maple

PostPosted: 23:53 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: To Dan the man Reply with quote

Oh mate I am a GIRLIE not a BLOKE... Razz

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:55 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: ...... Reply with quote

i never said you wasn't a girl???

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:00 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

the more girl bikers the better IMO Laughing

Maple

PostPosted: 00:05 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: Scoobysnacks Reply with quote

I did not mean you I meant Dan. Rolling Eyes

In fact Dan if the picture on your replys you bike its the same colour scheme as mine. wayhay... 8)

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:33 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: maple Reply with quote

u lost me maple? i never said u were a guy? i was saying "mate" to scooby anyway i would say mate to a girl to.
So u have got the same bike as me have u??got n e pics? where u from

Maple

PostPosted: 14:36 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: Dan the Man Reply with quote

Opps! sorry got the wrong end of the stick there didn't I. Well I think your bike is the same as mine (NRS 125) same colours though and no not got any pics yet. Dont collect it till Saturday, this week will drag. I am from Kent. This is the first chat line I have used and am not very up on all the gargon yet. Was gonna register but haven't got round to it yet. Thought I'd suss it out first. I shall only join in in the evenings as the package I have got is free after 6pm so being a tight arse I shall stick to those times. Oh weekends are free too. Hope scooby is ok after the bollocking we all gave him. Scooby, nothing personal only looking after you Darlin... Wink

Hunter
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:10 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys..

I like riding with a lid on... but in Sri Lanka its a little difficult to ride with a leather jacket.. hehehe.. you WILL melt..!

Lucky as I was.. I used to ride quite a bit when I was 14 without a lid on a 50CC RZ (yamaha)... had a couple of accidents too.. oops.. but nothing too serious.. never fell off the bike.. just ran into other vehicles :)
hehehe

Its no joke though.. ride with a lid!

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:24 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: **CRY**CRY** Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Well after the bollocking I spose I am just about ok.........I nearly sleep for a full 3 hours at a time now with no nightmares.....lol *joke*

Yeah I know what ya mean, and like I say I don't make a habit of it.

My bike is comin along ok now, shouldnt be too long before its on the road and then I can take some pics and post em on the site.

I take it Zimma & Korn have got rid of their NSR's then....? Sorry I am a little slow, and haven't been posting on this forum very long.

Looking at some of the other posts....I hear either Zimma or Korn has a ZXR400, sweet bikes I love em. Altho, I am still sticking with Honda's they've never let me down!!

I think a VFR400 or Baby Blade is calling my name next............

L8ers dudez.

---Scooby---

Maple

PostPosted: 22:35 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: Cry Cry Cry Reply with quote

Glad to hear your sleeping a little better now scooby. Dont play with that helmet in bed either ha ha ha Laughing Seriously hope your bike is soon on the road for you to be able to have a raz again.

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:09 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

maple- this colour scheme is ment to be quite rare mines ment to be a special edition not many of them made
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2