Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is it worth it....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: Is it worth it.... Reply with quote

Hi
I've had my second hand Honda NSR since October and its already been in the garage twice and its in there again for the third time. I dunno whats wrong with it this time. One minute i was tryin to catch up with some ZX's the next i was comming to an abrupt halt. The bloke said that ist a lack of compression. Anyway the bike in the garage again and i've already spent over £700 on the bike not to mention the £2100 i paid for the thing. And it looks like im gunna have to fork out even more. Most of my mates have cars and then never have problems, and they can take there birds places. I'm thinkin of jacking in the bike thing until I can get a big one. But then i go and get my kneed down in front of a bunch of R1's who are really impressed and everythings better again. I dont know , why cant they make a reliable 125, then id be happy

Luke Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: selling Reply with quote

If you do sell the bike you've got to think of the right price. If it needs money spending on it then the buyer wont want to faulk out for what the bikes worth plus the repairs. Do you think its your fault the bikes got these problems or did you buy it like that? If the dealers didn;t fix the problem you should make them do it right and not pay more money for bodge jobs that dont last. You shouldn't be paying that much to get a £2100 bike

Hope you can get it sorted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jimmy

PostPosted: 11:45 - 02 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had any problems with my NSR. Are you one of those ppl who cane the fuck out of it every time you ride it?? if so you only have yourself to blame for problrms. Treat a 2stroke with respect and it will treat you the same.
You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:12 - 02 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat a 2 stroke with respect??
The ONLY way to ride a 2 stroke 125 is to thrash it everywhere and have a complete lack of mechanical sympathy!

Respect is for bigger 4 strokes man. Evil or Very Mad

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:25 - 02 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should at least let the tihng warm up first, otherwise you're on the last bus to seizure City with an express ticket.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:59 - 02 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thrashed my NSR all the time, snapped the exhaust in half and it still runs okay (the engine that is)

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 02 Apr 2002    Post subject: thrashing a NSR Reply with quote

Gotta give em a bit of stick to make sure all that oil gets burned off. When i was doing my lessons before my test i were driving around at 30mph all the time with a bunch of SRs then when i left the place i gave it a hand full..when i had a look in my mirror the street was thick with a cloud of smoke....

All that excess oil building up couldn't of been doing my bike much good
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Ok i cane it on a warm sunday, but when im not on a hack i dont. But sometime when im riding with 400 and 250's i know im killin the engine but its the only way to go fast

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1