BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DukeRed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: GP Reply with quote

Wow! What a finish, shame Rossi won in the end though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of touring car action!

Bikay
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:48 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome. Those last 2 laps were some of the best ever. Can't think why I still watch F1!! Thumbs Up

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 14:52 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last lap was truly amazing, go Rossi! Dance!

ApriliaRs125
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:53 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol he put his foot on the floor and barged him off , then to piss him off more wheelyed down the straight lol class
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched half of it but I got bored after lap 2......wish I enjoyed it Sad

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 14:55 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sete turned into Rossi, if Sete had held the wide line instead of turning into Rossi he could've got the power down and got past him on the straight but he messed up.

ApriliaRs125
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:55 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator , didnt you see the last lap?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:04 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

Yup, I'm with Shaun... looks like Sete hit Vale a little earlier anyways. Then pulled in on him during the corner.

Vale's tyres were definitely in a sorry state, and I think he looked like he was loosing it into that last corner - hence the foot down. Sete pulled into him, if he had just run wide I think he'd have had the power and grip to pull away from Rossi.

Still... Dance! awesome start to the season!
Dance! hurrah for next week! Dance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:06 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

rossi had the line inside, ste has the option to hit or come second anyways

the look in the pit lane was great, pub fight style staring

my dad was just in awe rossi was pullin power wheelies all over the place on the last lap

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
Sete turned into Rossi, if Sete had held the wide line instead of turning into Rossi he could've got the power down and got past him on the straight but he messed up.

Nah, I disagree. Rossi was running so wide I think he might have ended up in the gravel if it wasn't for Sete being conveniently placed. As the commentators said, I reckon racing incident though. Rossi did seem a bit over-cocky on the podium though. I'm looking forward to finding out what's said in the press conference.

Absolutely amazing race though and if the rest of the season's like this it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun. Very Happy

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:

Yup, I'm with Shaun... looks like Sete hit Vale a little earlier anyways. Then pulled in on him during the corner.

:

Not what the crowd thinks? or some of the other racers?

Rossi messed up a few times on the last lap and didnt like that sete got passed him, barged his way to the finish, and the cocky look on his face, twat Thumbs Down

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:11 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winter wait was definitely worth it! Cool

Rossi certainly looked like he had to work harder to stay with Sete but when he came to pass him two laps from he end he moved a level.
The last lap was breathtaking and really sums up the difference between MotoGP and F1, what Ecclestone and his cronies would give for racing action like that!

Should be a good year of racing, shame the BBC are not showing next week's race live. Crying or Very sad

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 15:12 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after a fairly slow start those last two laps certainly made up for it, talk about edge of seat Laughing.

Go Rossi! Dance!

Don't worry instigator, they'll be showing that last lap quite a bit I should imagine Laughing Thumbs Up.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 15:13 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked What a fantastic race and a briliant start to the season. Just to think sete and vale were good mates a couple of seasons ago, can't see them renewing that friendship anytime soon.

Hope the rest of the races are as exciting, even though there wasn't a whole lot happening for the middle part of the race.

A J
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:15 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an amazing last two laps! Rossi is a pure racer barging him out on the last lap them wheeling down the straight awsome

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nighteyes wrote:
Don't worry instigator, they'll be showing that last lap quite a bit I should imagine Laughing Thumbs Up.

Always happens to me!!!! I miss the best parts!! Aah well, my chocolate digestives were distracting me anyway so doubt I'd have watched it if my tv was still on!! Laughing

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical...SETE dissapointed AGAIN!!

HAHAHA!!!

I love the look on Sete's Face everytime Rossi Has him in the final stages of a race.

Sete just hasnt got what it takes to beat Rossi!!

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That race goes to show what fantastic craftsmen both are.
The whole of the GP inc 125 & 250 was superb but the big boys were just Shocked .
Sete is a sultry swine at the best of times and it was good to see Vale rub his nose in it yet again.
I don't care who wins the 2005 title now, that last lap has set me up for another 12 months. Here's a pic of sulky Sete & me at Donnington last year, he asked me who i was gonna cheer for and i replied " please don't put me on the spot" lol Mr. Green

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:35 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fantastic! During the middle it looked as though Hayden was going to try and push past Rossi, I thought he might have had a probably though now I suspect it was tactical, but those last 2 laps! I literally was on the edge of my seat!

Was just a bit disappointed that they didn't cross the line literally together. Sad
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Hennessy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:39 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Disagree totally, I think it was a premeditated move on Rossi's behalf... An intentional shove to get Sete out the picture! It was really in all respect a nasty move to make, and if it was deliberate then its classed as dangerous riding. However, the commentators and every1 was saying it was just his adrenaline and eagerness to win. Especially if I were Sete, I would be pi$$ed off right about now...

lol, and did you see him holding his arm like it actually hurt, I think Sete was trying to make some1 notice that it may have been intentional! But he could clap ok when it came to it.

All in all I think Rossi was a bit of a twat for making a manoeuvre like that, and I think it should be investigated further

-Hennessy

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 15:47 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All in all I think Rossi was a bit of a twat for making a manoeuvre like that, and I think it should be investigated further

HAHA! Another race scene noobie making a dork of himself. Investigate what exactly? Rossi made a mistake on the last lap, Sete got by, Rossi lost the front fighting back, kept it going, took Sete on the last turn? If Sete had been defensive Rossi wouldnt get through its as simple as that??!! You cant whack a bike out wide from behind. This is moto gp, if its too tough for you, football starts at 3 Middle Finger

displaced
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah---Rossi had the inside line---they were side by side coming into the corner. If you watch..Shit-e Gibernau swerved right into the side of Rossi. Rossi won it, and Shit-e is just angry that the better rider won. Whiney little child. Man that guy bugs me.

Now, although I am a Yamaha fan, I really like Nicky Hayden. Did you hear him on the grid - "Yeah, it's all good. Just listening to some old school Tupac." Wicked. Too bad he low-sided trying to keep up with Shit-e and Rossi.

Hennessy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:53 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what next? Racers kicking eachother off the bikes to try and win a race? Obviously theres a point where agression is needed and to a standard it is ok, but I feel that the move Rossi made was wrong! Maybe I just saw it incorrectly, if you was racing in MotoGP and were in Rossi's boots would u have bashed in to him to win?

And obviously Rossi is a great rider no doubt, the man is really good at what he does, but did he really need to do that?

-Hennessy

displaced
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 10 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hennessy wrote:
and what next? Racers kicking eachother off the bikes to try and win a race? Obviously theres a point where agression is needed and to a standard it is ok, but I feel that the move Rossi made was wrong! Maybe I just saw it incorrectly, if you was racing in MotoGP and were in Rossi's boots would u have bashed in to him to win?

-Hennessy

The move he made is wrong? It's called a pass, and if you think it's "wrong" then maybe you should watch F1 instead.

Watch it again---Valentino had the inside line, and Sete hit him. They were side by side going into the corner---Sete knew he was there and was pissed that he broke too late and was out wide, so he hit Rossi. Pure and simple.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5