Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MMMMMMMmmm the mighty blade

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

PostPosted: 19:54 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: MMMMMMMmmm the mighty blade Reply with quote

Well, I'm not in the slightest bit happy. My mate from work (whose previous bike was a CBX750 - you know big heavy slow etc etc) has just pulled up outside my house on a blade which he bought from London. I got on the back and WOOOOOOW!!!! Fast!!! I lost the slip-stream just slightly - and at 150 (he wasn't even trying - we're talking 8000revs) my lid nearly turned round and I had to drag myself back.

The thing is gorgeous - it's the black and silver foxeye model with Acropovich exhaust system (titanium and carbon fibre - sounds soooo sweet), dynojetted, braided cables, you name it, it's had it done. Oooohhh it's nice. But I am so green! GRRRRR!! It's not fair. I want one.
You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 19:56 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, that was me getting blown off the back of the blade,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:43 - 31 Mar 2002    Post subject: Blade Reply with quote

Yeah I want another Honda after my NSR. They are just so much better bikes than the rest of the market in my opinion. I'm relatively new to biking, but have had 2 bikes, both Honda's and not one has given me any trouble at all apart from a blown spark plug which was probably due to the fact it was a 50cc and I used to cane it everywhere. All that abuse I gave the damn thing and it still refused to sieze or blow up on me. Nice one Honda.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:44 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: MMMMMMMmmm the mighty blade Reply with quote

Allthough it's hard to believe a big bike isn't nessecarily that great... The acceleration doesn't seem particularly impressive anymore, though every red light's a challenge, even beat an r1* on Friday Smile
Not noticing the acceleration is also bad because you can easily acclerate hard from a junction on a straight 40 limit, knock it up a gear and be doing 90 in under the 0-30 of most cars (my dubble-bubble screen probably doesnt help).... not good for your licence Crying or Very sad

* I'm pretty sure he was racing as he just beat me at the last junction and was ahead for the first 5 meters... probably a born again just got a new bike or somethin though.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:50 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: MMMMMMMmmm the mighty blade Reply with quote

whatever I say I'm not giving up my ZX though :) ...however I am intending to sort my NSR out for riding around town, it's a bit OTT having a 165mph bike that'll do 0-60 in just over 3 secs when you don't go over a 40 limit.

Stevo

PostPosted: 18:30 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey G i agree with you m8. you probably have gotten more used to your zx6 than i have with mine, but i have always had a string of small, light bikes in the past, so the ZX is by far the physically largest, and most heavy bike i have had. I do ride through towns, but only when going out, coming back from a ride, or just passing through unfamiliar towns,villages when i get lost. It always feels big and heavy in town, and i dont feel so confident in darting between lines of cars, and weaving in and out of ques. 109bhp just aint needed all the time! On the open road its fine, most of the time anyway. My previous bikes and now my speedfight100 scoot are loads more fun in town than a big bike, and i throw them about without even thinking about it. Im not sure that getting the scoot was such a good idea, as i have to stop myself sometimes from riding like a twat on it, not easy! Its so easy to ride, but its handling is interesting to say the least, and i can see it being easy to crash, after a few near miss's. I might get another bike this summer as a real cheap project, and i either fancy another trailie for a supermotard special, or an old 125 road bike like an AR125/NS125/RG125 for a bit of fun on the road, and maybe as a track day machine.
I noticed that some of you guys have kept your old NSR's to use on the track when you have brought a bigger bike, sounds like a good idea to me!
You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:25 - 01 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not actaually too bothered by the weight... I'm a pretty well built 15st and just under 6ft so it doesn't paticularly bother me and the bike I had before the ZX was a KLR650... only weighs slightly less but with a loads higher center of gravity and less power & braking.
I'm more worried about it wrotting in the rain/getting the bike nicked/getting stopped by the fuzz.
Saying that ny NSR125F (unfaired) was really good for commuting through the center of Reading every day, which I had to do every day for a few months... A single with no fairing means the widest part was the fairly narrow handle bars, even better with short/no mirrors.

Allthough I doubt I'll ever get round to it I'd like to stick a 250mx engine in the NSR for track days and for generally doing stupid stuff on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1