Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A Proper 125...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:39 - 14 Apr 2005    Post subject: A Proper 125... Reply with quote

Got this RX125 last November, 3 days after selling my Gilera DNA50 Very Happy .
I've done 140kph (around 85mph) but I can't find a good enough road round here to get some real speed. It's an import from Italy so it's never been restricted, so has some real power behind it with 120kph easily achieved even up steep hills.
It drinks juice quicker than any bike I've ever seen, with it getting around 25mpg (£2.50 a day to get to college an back). Though it does have the 34mm carb, which doesn't help.
At the moment it has a racing plug in it with racing pipes, so it's loud when I want it to be. I made a guy on a scooter almost fall off at the lights when I revved it up behind him Twisted Evil
Give us ur thoughts. I need to get some newer pics of it, but I'll clean it first.

Mik
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 14 Apr 2005    Post subject: bike Reply with quote

nice bike mate Thumbs Up usd the lot, just need a bigger front disk Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 14 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Very nice, my mates m reg RX used to keep up with my NSR to 80 Shocked . Was a lush bike to ride, wish i had got one Thumbs Up Very Happy

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 14 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top bike mate Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 14 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont let Smoto get his mitts on that - he'll wheelie and stoppie anything with a 21" front lol (or supermoto conversion). 2.50 a day! fook that bike's drinking fuel like George Best! My Xr does 2.50 for the whole week - 60 miles, 12 mile round trip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 08:57 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike Mik, I always wanted the 125 after I had the 50cc which did 60mph and sounded sweet when I had it de-restricted.
I have a 400 now but I have always wanted to ride one, I think they come in some funny colour schemes though.

Get some more pictures up. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself a nice set of ecxel rims and tune the suspension, maybe a bigger front dosc and you would have an awesome super moto.

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:36 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

what makes that a proper 125? why isnt my Piaggio NRG a proper one? because its a scooter? even though its alot faster then your "proper bike" - hows that work out

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 17:05 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's getting a little defensive!

and anyway, your scooter isn't a proper 125! it's got a displacement of 178cc for starters!

Gaz

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat172 wrote:
what makes that a proper 125? why isnt my Piaggio NRG a proper one? because its a scooter? even though its alot faster then your "proper bike" - hows that work out

gears Razz

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bike mate. Thumbs Up I want one ! Wanna swap my NS for it Laughing

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:51 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. I'll probably do it up later this year, cos I love it too much to sell it (even tho i'll do my full test soon). So no swaps Very Happy
Getting a nice amount of money soon as compensation for when I was knocked off my DNA last year, which will ALL be spent on this bike or my next.
For Pat172. It's not that I don't dislike scooters, it's more that I hate them. I had use one for 2 weeks while my DNA was off the road, and it was awful!! Twisted Evil

Mik

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:05 - 15 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it's more that I hate them. I had use one for 2 weeks while my DNA was off the road, and it was awful!! Twisted Evil

so your DNA wasnt a scooter, haha what was it then ?

the NRG is now running 183cc and is 28bhp at the moment soon to be jus sub 35ish

end of the day we're all 2 wheels, wether we have gears or a CVT, 1400ccm or 49cc, 4bhp or 300bhp with a turbo and a can of Nitrous

I know too many people who say their 50cc speedfights were pants and once they got their RS125 that they were real bikers and all scoots are crap! - utter bogalocks Razz

if you think im not a proper biker becuase i have owned and ridden scooters for the last 3 years and a bit then you have a problem!

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, but Boss Hoss motorcycles are all automatics.
Liverpoolrobb... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liverpoolrobbie wrote:
your a proper biker once you've done you DAS

Provisonal - no biker
33BHP test - getting closer
DAS - proper biker cause you got a choice of any bike

DAS is for the wannabe's who start biking in there mid 20's.

Proper Bikers start when there 16 and work there way up through the various displacements Very Happy .

Done my 33bhp test and my bike isnt 33bhp Very Happy , i blame the bumpy roads around here.

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't belive the stereotyping and your not a biker Im a biker arguement is off again. According to some of the witnessed ignorance Im nearly a wannabe, just nearly because I wasnt mid way through my twenties when I started.

Its easy to tell people that theyre not a proper biker because they have a ped, I got it when I had an RS125, but who gives a shit? Im sure its not going to keep him awake at night. The guys enjoying what he's doing on his ped, the other guys enjoying his RX, im enjoying my cbr6 and im pretty sure the rest of you are enjoying riding your bikes, so whats the point in putting yourself above others because you A have a bike and B some bloke doesnt.

I bet you lot are those who wouldnt nod to a learner if he went past, or vice versa wouldnt nod at a biker because you think your above it.

Grow up, go out and ride your bike/ped for f@cks sake!!

Or even better go watxch the 125's starting on Eurosport now, theyre only 125's so I guess theyre not real bikes but theyll do for now eh?

Wink

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:55 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so your DNA wasnt a scooter, haha what was it then ?

Gilera DNA50s are technically mopeds as they have 50cc engine. As it doesn't look like or handle anything like a scooter then I would not call it a scooter, ever.

Quote:
if you think im not a proper biker becuase i have owned and ridden scooters for the last 3 years and a bit then you have a problem!

The only bikers that I really despise are those that own Vespas. WTF is with all the mirrors?!?
Other than Vespa riders, fair weather bikers and sunday bikers, I don't have a problem with anyone. As what is the point of owning a bike if you only use it when there isn't a cloud in the sky, or the temperature isn't below 15 degrees. They are complete pussys!

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 18:13 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liverpoolrobbie wrote:
your a proper biker once you've done you DAS

Provisonal - no biker
33BHP test - getting closer
DAS - proper biker cause you got a choice of any bike

Rolling Eyes

I'm on 33bhp restriction. Am i not a biker even though i have a Suzuki GSXR400 and a Kawasaki ZX6R?
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:34 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl jammy!!!!

Quote:
Proper Bikers start when there 16 and work there way up through the various displacements Very Happy .

End of story lol

Quote:
Gilera DNA50s are technically mopeds as they have 50cc engine. As it doesn't look like or handle anything like a scooter then I would not call it a scooter, ever.

a DNA 50 is a moped, other wise you wouldnt be legally allowed to ride it.....

it has a scooter engine (the exact same as a gilera runner 50 in fact) which is Shocked a scooter....

so just because you lean forward and look like a 50% replica of a bike, that makes it a proper bike and not a scooter - i think not

i own a "50cc" scooter that will do 100, and a 60cc motor-cycle that will do 140mph

If you own a bike with 2 wheels and an engine, beit geared or automatic you are a biker - that is unless like you said your one of those people who have a disease and are unable to ride when theres any damp in the air, and you have to wear your full kit of power ranger leathers

Laughing Razz Laughing

Rift.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:42 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:

I bet you lot are those who wouldnt nod to a learner if he went past, or vice versa wouldnt nod at a biker because you think your above it.

Grow up, go out and ride your bike/ped for f@cks sake!!

Or even better go watxch the 125's starting on Eurosport now, theyre only 125's so I guess theyre not real bikes but theyll do for now eh?

Wink

Well said.....Bravo Bravo

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i jus dont like little scouse pedboi saying im not a biker because i havent had a midlife crisis and got a gsxr1000 Rolling Eyes

Pat172
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:16 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

its true on my bandit i get alot of nods, but none on the scoot - i even got a few nods today doing my A2 on a fecking CG125!!!!!

haGGard
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:37 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved a huge wave on my scooter today from some guy waiting at traffic lights on the other side of the road Razz I was well chuffed Laughing Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2