Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Supermoto My DT - Worth doing? What's needed?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rift.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:26 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

these hagons are pretty sweet

Cost:450

Likes bens in the previous picture^^^

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/ruizclaudio/yamaha-dt125r-01-bikepics-208402.jpg

+ i have them on mine.....sweeett!!

Section59
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:18 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rift. wrote:
these hagons are pretty sweet

Cost:450

Likes bens in the previous picture^^^

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/ruizclaudio/yamaha-dt125r-01-bikepics-208402.jpg

+ i have them on mine.....sweeett!!

Very nice!

Were those 2nd hand or new? Im interested in a pair of those... Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:58 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc_Buck wrote:
Bob your DT looks sweet with those wheels, if only the bike was a little cleaner. Laughing

At least it looks well ridden... a clean bike to me says 'I spend more time polishing than riding Smile.

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

At least it looks well ridden... a clean bike to me says 'I spend more time polishing than riding Smile.

means the womans slacking Razz LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:21 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rift's got Hagons on his DT but they came with the bike Evil or Very Mad . Like most people said, i guess they'res very little point getting an SM conversion on a DT, it's not going to help it sell any better. Short of getting a DT125X, not much point, unless you're willing to bodge and fabricate parts using easily sourced rims. Excel rims/Hagon Rims are too dear for a 125 and i feel that any knobblies have sufficient grip for random stuff like KD's, Endo's and Wheelies. Ben managed to fuck about on my bike successfully and it's a nice little 4 Stroke XR - 12bhp (10-8bhp rear wheel), but it still pulls. In the photos section or somwhere in Sept 04, i was out with the herts lot on my XR trying to get my knee down and felt that i comfortably had some grip left in reserve if i wanted to lean more. Save youself some money and stick to the kobblies- they work wonders in the snow!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 18 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can justify spending the cash on converting the DTR to a motard then go for it!
Im going to re-build my old 1988 KMX200 as a supermoto, as when ive made the bike like new again, i wouldnt want to take it off road and mess up the finish lol!
I cant say exactly how much an SM convert will cost you, but ive been qouted about £350-380 to have some new rims laced up to my hubs by Central wheel components. That and the tyres are obviously the main things, but if its only going to be ridden on the road ever, i would also fit a bigger front disc, but not until you have uprated the forks. Im going to do all this on my 200, and have the forks re-built, a new shock, probably 5mm taller, and a KLE500 disc and caliper. Im not sure how much the lot will cost me yet, as ive got to spend money on the whole bike, as everythings worn out and the motor blew up too.
Ive got a £2000 budget to get the whole machine up and running and looking better than new! I hope to have enough to replace all the plastics, tune the motor, maybe with a custom made pipe, and new flatslide carb, and do all the SM conversion stuff. I think i should have some change or at least i hope so!
As mentioned by someone, the DTR would accept TZR125 wheels with just a couple of spacers machining up which would be a nice cheap way to do it. I quite like the cast wheel look on an SM bike, but i cant think of any cast wheels that would drop into my KMX and give me the option of using some sticky tyres like BT090's or GPR70's that i want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:33 - 18 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now looking at converting my supermoto into a trail bike Smile.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2