Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Google Adsense

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 13:01 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Google Adsense Reply with quote

I know, your not trying to make money from BCF (well, I think), but most of the ads in the top right seem fairly irrelevant to most of the users here. I'm guessing 90% here are UK bikers with sportsbikes, but most of the ads seems to be for US people with cruisers (he says with the totally UK relevant Kill Spills ad staring at him).

Anyway, my point is - why don't you try adding Google Adsense to the forum? For instance I have seen PhP forums where there are 2 Google ads after the first post in a thread. They don't get in the way of the thread, but they are always guaranteed to be relevant to the thread (I presume you know how it works).

Just my Penny Coin Penny Coin to try and help you make some Pound Coin Pound Coin Pound Coin

Thumbs Up

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 16 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one wouldn't like 2 ads after the first post in every thread TBH. Confused

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 14:01 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
I for one wouldn't like 2 ads after the first post in every thread TBH. Confused

That's fair enough, but your not the one paying for many GB of bandwidth a month. The ones after the first post aren't intrusive, are (nearly) always relevant to the post anyway. We are lucky not to have the huge VD style sigs here, so one line of ads wouldn't be too bad.

Besides they don't have to go after the first post - they can go up the top under the controls menu.

Anway, just an idea. I'm sure Korn knows what he's doing.

Vespa
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:48 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Vespa on 20:12 - 31 Oct 2005; edited 1 time in total

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 17 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were under the menu then that would be OK. Even better if they were special offers. Laughing

I just don't like the idea of it being after the first thread that's all.

I'm suprised Korn doesn't charge £1 a year or whatever membership. That'd help him out.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1