Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What about Saturday for a "Rikers" Burger meet ?????????????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:37 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: What about Saturday for a "Rikers" Burger meet ????????????? Reply with quote

Very Happy

Anyone interested in meeting me up at Rikers on Saturday for a burger and a natter ?

My first free Saturday in ages, so will take the trip out minus the "L" plates!

Mole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 19:48 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should go down on sunday (the 7th). I read in MCN (is it RYKA'S cafe)about a Carnell/city honda test ride party at box hill. Theres gonna be a Honda hospitality bus, complete with roof terrace, and stage. Plus you get the chance to test ride this years and last years great honda bikes, such as Blades, SP-2, SP-1, CBR600, Hornet and VFR800.

Just wish box hill wasnt so far away Crying or Very sad

PS. page 56 MCN for more!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:52 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Stew,

That one is now in my Diary, will try to get a copy of MCN 2 nite down the local safeway garage.

CU

Mole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going down for this Sunday, the paper said they're going to be there 10am to 5pm (they'd have to turn up bloody early to find space for a massive bus in the car park).

To get a free test ride you'll need to show them your license, so sadly no blagging a go on the new blade - but I wonder how long before one of the lucky peeps who actually does get a test ride takes it over to the other side of the road and start pulling mingers on it Laughing

Besides that they're bringing all their 2002 bikes plus a live DJ + MC and a vanload of brolly birds - should be a very cool day out.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:06 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick note:
From what I read on another bike forum (MCN Ninjas) you will have to bring another form of ID as well (eg passport etc.) as your licence.

Nige
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can u leave a link to a web page that gives more details on the vents going on at Box Hill this weekend please. I have no idea where it is for a start, so some more info would be of much help!!!!

OK, might c u.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew

PostPosted: 20:05 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nige. It's way too far mate! Razz
I wouldn't even go on your CBR let alone on my NSR.
Perhaps we will go down sometime in the summer (if I can pass my test).
by the way its in Surrey!!

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:37 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(if I can pass my test).

I dont like this talk about "if's''

Laughing

Stew

PostPosted: 21:43 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry zak, I actually feel pretty confidnet on my test. In fact I feel confident enough that I will be selling my NSR VERY soon.
Unfortunately I have to do this so that I can afford the insurance and tax on my VFR aswell as some work that needs doing on it (new spark plugs etc -which are quite expensive for the VFR, around a tenner each!)

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:48 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

just gimme the nod whenever your ready Laughing

btw where is box hill?

Last edited by zaknafien on 21:49 - 05 Apr 2002; edited 1 time in total

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:49 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought!

A guy my dad knows who helped me fix my old bike (He used to be a professional racer)

anyway he said he used to go touring round holland with his wife ON A CG125! now surely box hill cant be that far away :P

Stew

PostPosted: 21:51 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surrey- just too damn far Crying or Very sad

Zak have you taken your CBT then?
If you want my bike we will have to arrange a time for you to see it, I might be able to ride over to rotherham one (sunny) day so you can have a look (and a ride).

Stew

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:55 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i passed my CBT about 7 maybe 8 months ago i used to ride a CG125 but about 2 weeks ago some git's nicked it managed to drag it 10 yards down the road then decided it was too heavy for them and burned it

I arrived about 10 mins later just in time to see it in flames :(

im now the proud owner of an even BIGGER lock.

Stew

PostPosted: 21:58 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! There are some gits about!!

zaknafien

PostPosted: 22:00 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

was my fault really i left it outside on the street (locked up) but i was only about half a mile from my house with a garage so i could have taken it home, come back and then gone out instead of being lazy.

I think it's safe to say i wont be doing that one again.

Stew

PostPosted: 22:07 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! there are some gits about!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1