Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Please - Anyone with a GSX-R600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

SteveJJH
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:18 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Please - Anyone with a GSX-R600 Reply with quote

Preferably a K3, I have a question - Should this bike have a steering damper as standard? If so, where abouts does it fit?

I recently crashed my recently purchased K3 in a tankslapper, and it seems they should have steering dampers, but it doesn't look like mine does (although it could have come off in the crash)

Hennessy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:42 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the 2003 model Gixxer's came with Dampers, but on the 2005 model they are just behind the headlight... added a pic to let you know where.

Hope this helps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scotsman37
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll find such items to buy and pics showing where they are;

https://www.rhencullen.net/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Suspension_467.html

You could ask in this particular forum because it's dedicated to the GSXR bikes;

https://sradmad.proboards37.com/index.cgi

Last edited by Scotsman37 on 20:06 - 27 Apr 2005; edited 1 time in total

SteveJJH
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:04 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate. looking at the wreckage, there is a lug on the bottom yolk that looks like it is for the damper, but there's no damper. i'm just wondering whether they have one as standard, or it's just a standard piece of metal that's used on the 750, which i'm fairly certain has one.

Hennessy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:29 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well none of the gixxer models were fitted with top yoke dampers as standard, as I've only ever seen aftermarket dampers for the top yoke... Im pretty certain that the dampers for the Suzuki models including SV1000 are where I illustrated in the picture. If your not that sure, send Suzuki an e-mail with your Frame number and they will probably be able to help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SteveJJH
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:35 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've actually just downloaded the manual from the very useful link on this site, and it has a section about the damper. this is quite intriguing....

Hennessy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:27 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, well let us know how it goes anyway!

Regards,
Hennessy

fastyan
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:48 - 27 Apr 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep it sure does!!!
all k series gizxxers have teh factory one fitted behind the headlight in front of the headstock - non adjustable

it still get's twitchy with it though....

SteveJJH
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:39 - 03 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i can tell you it gets far too twitchy without it. a friend of mine with a 750 srad said his didn't have one fitted when he bought it, the owner gave it to him seperately. he fitted it, but didn't like it, so took it off and dropped the forks slightly (or whichever way, i can't remember which)

I mentioned it to the garage and they said they get some come in with, some without. i'm not sure if i'd ride one without.

unfortunately i wont get to ride mine again, it's a write off.

Hennessy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:31 - 03 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I'm sorry to hear that mate. Especially a gixxer (my fav bike) Are you going to buy another bike or did the incident put your mind elsewhere?

-Hennessy

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 15:48 - 04 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1999 GSXR600 with an aftermarket damper on the top yoke. Adjustable too which is a godsend. Wind it up for the twisties, wind it down for town.

Wouldn't ride without one anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SteveJJH
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:54 - 07 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe the incident did put my mind elsewhere, or that's what people keep telling me, i just bought a GSX-R750.

with a steering damper (the standard one) i don't think i'd ride without one either, an adjustable one would be better, but the whole scenario has left me a bit broke to say the least
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1