Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

For those wanting something a lttle -different-

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:49 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: For those wanting something a lttle -different- Reply with quote

https://www.motomorini.co.uk/Images/sn1637.jpg

https://www.motomorini.co.uk/stock/others.htm
a Gilera CX125

Unregistered, 48 km on it, 2250 quid? If hadn't bought me an NSR i would on looks alone..

Rich T

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 13:20 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one ugly bike! :o
Cant see it going or handling too well, hub centre steering and a 4 stroke 125 (from the looks of the exhaust).

Not for me mate, ill keep my NSR.

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:28 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naah- it's a stroker, you can see the expansion chamber...

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:36 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it's got a fork...

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 17:33 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one who would buy that for the head turn ability alone, read about it ages ago very very rare bike if i had the money i would go for it in a second. Looks like nothing and the front wheel doesnt even look connected ?

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:59 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would certainly turn heads, and make me look twice, but only 'cos it's weird!...I certainly wouldn't pay over 2 grand for something that looks...different...

If you want people to stare at you then just ride around on a push-bike in full motorcycle gear...oh, and remember to make some engine type noises... Razz

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

scabzilla
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:12 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA that would get me looking at some one and thinking ''wierd bloke'' :lol:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:30 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

thats is horrable i'd rather has an RS! and why have they put car wheeles on it Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:31 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We actually have one of these. Imported it new in 1991 from Italy. It has been totally unreliable, managing 1200km from new before the electrics fried . Basically the coil discharged through the electronic rev counter, leaving the bike stranded.

The bike is a total nightmare to work on. Last time it was on the road was after putting a new barrel and piston on, as it had seized on the way back from the MOT station (for those from Stafford, it seized between the 2 sharp bends going out of Great Bridgeford towards Seighford industrial estate). Just about anything requires taking the bodywork off, which takes ages (especially as the original fairing screw have cross heads on them, and chew up really easily)

The front suspension is a single fork, which is directly above the front wheel. It uses a linkage like a pair of scissors to stop the fork just spinning round. There is an alloy "arm" going from the bottom of the fork into the centre of the wheel, and the brake disk is mounted directly in the centre of the wheel. In theory this means that the bike will not pull to one side when braking.

Front tyre was a 120 and the rear a 150. Handling was fine, but the down side of the front suspension was that it did not have much travel. The handlebars are quite low, which makes it uncomfortable to ride for too long.

Never did get top speed out of it. When it fried the electrics it was doing 11200rpm in top gear at about 95mph. The power picked up slightly at that point for a last burst before the red line (12000rpm). The first time the power valve opened while riding I thought I had blown the engine up and I pulled the clutch. It makes a hell of difference to engine noise as it opens

I will have to get it back on the road soon, but as it tends to break down so often I am not that keen to spend too long working on it. The bodywork is also getting very brittle with age, but I have managed to get the remains of another one to use as spares and I have got the bodywork on that one bodged up well enough to use as a pattern to get some moulds made to copy them in fibreglass. One problem is that bleeding the radiator is a total pig of a job, which may be a dodgy thermostat, so now having a spare I will give that a try.

Here is a piccy of the front suspension. This is from the spares bike, where I still have the rolling chassis floating around

https://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/pictures/cxsusp.jpg

All the best

Keith

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:50 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that end can make a good sound, and does it take power, because its huuuuuggee!!!!

Dyl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 22:30 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok heres another one.
Its from a japanese site and is called a Swift Yamaha XJR400.
Can't say I have ever seen one like this before!!
[img]https://www.whouse-jp.com/for-sale_photo.jpg/swift_lside.jpg

Stew

PostPosted: 22:30 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok heres another one.
Its from a japanese site and is called a Swift Yamaha XJR400.
Can't say I have ever seen one like this before!!
https://www.whouse-jp.com/for-sale_photo.jpg/swift_lside.jpg[img]

Stew

PostPosted: 22:31 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.whouse-jp.com/for-sale_photo.jpg/swift_lside.jpg

zaknafien

PostPosted: 23:09 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but damn does that thing look sexy!

PostPosted: 23:22 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylan wrote:

Does that end can make a good sound, and does it take power, because its huuuuuggee!!!!

Hi

It is actually not that quiet. I think they wanted it to look like a larger bike (look at the tickness of the exhaust before it gets to the silencer), and when they launched it they were talking about producing bigger engined versions of it.

All the best

Keith
You must be logged in to rate posts

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:55 - 06 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats only £4700 for that good looking bike!!!(new). Any one know where i can get one???
Dyl
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1