Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia 125 RS Replica

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hunter
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:47 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Aprilia 125 RS Replica Reply with quote

Guys..!

There is an Aprilia RS Replica 125cc for sale at my local bike shop (well dodgy :) for 700 quid.. done about 23K KM but looks in very good shape. Did not get to ride it but did not have any noticeable scratches on the fairing.. its in black.. and the frame has Aprilia Roxxo etched on it.. hmmm.

I am thinking of buying it if this comes recommended as the NSR is ummm.. not as fast as I would like it to be!!!

Any comments on the model?

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: rs Reply with quote

theres not much difference between the RS top speed and the nsr top speed...

make sure its had an engine rebuild if ur gona buy it!

Hunter
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:50 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frame looks solid all buffed! The dial is marked upto 120 MPH!

I'm hoping to take it for a spin this weekend... looks fast!

How about spares.. can you get anything off the web?

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 18:06 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately take it for a ride first!...I can't believe that you're getting so exicited just because it looks shiny and speedo goes up to 120Mph!

...£700 does sound a little too cheap...and how does something "look" fast? :wink:

I had a look at some pre-1998 RS125s and I didn't like them very much, but the new ones look pretty tasty, but I haven't seen any in the dealers...The only thing that I thought was cool was the electronic display, it's a kinda fancy to have one them on a 125!

Spares are available around the country, but you may need to use the telephone instead of your PC for enquiries...check out the bikemart for Aprilia dealers...

I hope that you're looking at a bargain, and not a wreck...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hunter
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:10 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm really interested in is if this bike is faster than my NSR! If it is... then I want it! It looks donkey's years newer than my RK which cost me about 650 quid!

Can't wait to ride it :)

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:01 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: 120mph??? Reply with quote

Look mate, just cos the clock goes upto 120mph doesnt mean its gonna do that does it???

The clocks on my NSR go upto 110mph, and it goes about 100mph (so i'm told), hence the top speed is 10mph slower. So the Prilla will probly do about 110mph, in which case.......all I can say is.......cough ***FRONT SPROCKET*** cough
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:23 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

scooby the front sproket increases exeleration with not so good top end so if this prillia was going to be fast (110) then it would have a bigger back sproket.

From my experince from aprilia this sounds a very dogy deal, i got my old bike with over 10k milage u dnt really want to buy one with that high milage your asking for trouble. think about it cost u 700 quid to buy but you could end up paying alot more than that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:43 - 03 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Does sound cheap for an RS. The engines are normally fairly reliable, but do need to be treated well (let it warm up before thrashing, etc). At that mileage I would expect to put a new piston in.

For engine spares speak to Peter Knight on 0176 141 4106 (that is a UK number, so probably something like 00 44 176 141 4106 for you). HE will ship spares around the world.

Top speed on my (early) RS is an indicated 112mph (180kmh). At this speed it is 500rpm into the red line in top gear, and a long way past peak power. It would pull higher gearing for a higher top speed, but that would knacker up the acceleration round town. OK, the speedo is probably miles out, but just so you know what to expect on the speedo

All the best

Keith

Hunter
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:21 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHeers Keith!

It just looks miles better than my RK :(

I've always wanted an Aprilia and a Honda.. the best of both worlds ;)

I just love the framework on this bike.. its a prize!

Are parts more expensive than NSR ones?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:51 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Generally engine spares for Aprilias are more expensive and bodywork is cheaper

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1