Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cadwell Trackday Report 12/05/05

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 18:26 - 13 May 2005    Post subject: Cadwell Trackday Report 12/05/05 Reply with quote

Day started early leaving the house at 6:30am, got to Cadwell just after the 7:30 briefing started, sat through that. Then covered my bike in tape and sat and wanted for an hour and a half until the Inters group got called.
I went out, was dead slow and not at all happy on track. After this session they put us on a grid, 5 bikes behind me so I wasn’t that bad, even tho I thought I was insanely slow. Went out for the second session and was getting a little quicker but still thought I was slow. Stew arrived said hi and I quickly had to get ready for my next session.
I was slowly getting faster then I managed to go down one to many gears into park, which messed up my entry, Chris’s’ I thought was fast cus I was almost at the redline, went to go down a gear into Mansfield and got a box full of neutrals and ran wide. By the time I got round to the hairpin it was all going wrong, and Stew got me running a little wide on video.
Then came lunch and the posting of new grid positions. I was now 5 places up from the bottom of the group with about 10 riders that came with me from inters. Went out and was much happier, made a pile of overtakes, and managed to lap 2 Fazers! Stew was out and about with my camera after lunch picked out a few of his shots below.
With two sessions left I was really getting into it, got KD at Hall, and nailed it into the gooseneck and Mansfield, missed my turn in point and ended up going across the Lincolnshire country side again, eventually getting back to track halfway to the chicane!
Last session of the day all the slower riders had gone home leaving a group of around 20 people. I didn’t see anyone all lap, just had the track to myself to play with lines, and all my markers. Got KD a few more time at park, ended up with my knee hitting the curb at one point, not something I would recommend, hurts like a bitch! The same lap I managed to get my left knee down for the first time ever, going around Mansfield.
All in all a great day, moving groups was the best thing that could have happened, was much more confident and ended up feeling much faster and smoother than ever before. Roll on 31st, Shaun I’m gonna own you! Laughing Cool
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1