Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Was it too harsh to ban JammyG for his post?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Topic moved: from to Forum Feedback & Help by Korn (26 May 2005 - 10:07)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Was it too harsh to band JammyG for his post?
Yes
29%
 29%  [ 30 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 72 ]
Total Votes : 102

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 21:58 - 15 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Anyway, you're part of the 'custom title' cliche, yet you agree with the 'anti cliche' cliche, so I think your opinion is invalid Razz Very Happy.

i dont even know what cliche means
just thing was harsh tis all

i mean you wouldnt want to ban me would you G Very Happy

*Wave2k Touches G
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:01 - 15 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
*Wave2k Touches G

LMAO, wave you are beginning to disturb me! Laughing
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 22:10 - 15 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
If I ever see another bit of wood..... Cool

Oh the irony.......
yoda This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:19 - 15 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewell wrote:
its a picture........just a picture........thats all it is.......

i mean if you get upset from a photoshoped picture then you must learn to be abit harder mentally.

The picture included text.

So you are saying there is no picture that you be upset from seeing?
Fair enough if you don't get upset by anything, but a picture can be used to portray pretty much anything you want, so if you are upset by some things I'm sure you can be by a picture.

Would you accept racial hatred portrayed through pictures?

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 01:11 - 16 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay - I'm finally in a clique!

Quote:

i mean if you get upset from a photoshoped picture then you must learn to be abit harder mentally.

On the flip-side, why should you have to be 'abit harder mentally' in order to browse an internet forum about bikes? Why should you have to steel yourself to face abusive pictures and posts for no good reason?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Jewell This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 17 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't just those pictures. It was prolonged character assassination.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 17:20 - 17 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fool wrote wrote:
clique

I might as well echo what others have said, the 'clique' is all in your minds. I suppose you could devide the forum into two groups - people who've met another member and those that haven't. But that is about as elitist as it gets. Ok some members have met more than others, I'm pretty sure I've met at least 20 or 25 people off the forum, but it doesn't mean I treat them any differently than I would if I hadn't met them, tbh it may be that I treat those I've met with less respect and be more likely to take the pi$$ out of them. So those members who seem to think the Reading crewe etc gang up on them, I've got news for you there's no conspiracy or elite group and in some cases you posts /are/ actually annoying or in bad taste.

R4nger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 17 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a ****ing break. He meant it as a joke. He did not mean to harm anyone. Anyone that thinks different, they are stuck up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:40 - 17 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

R4nger wrote:
Take a ****ing break. He meant it as a joke. He did not mean to harm anyone.

I have seen JammyG say other things that are pretty personally hurtful, many of them 'as a joke'. I haven't specifically reacted to many of them that I remember, but it's definitely not made me think well of his character.
Maybe he did mean them as 'a joke'; does it make it much better that some one is happy to disregard other people's feelings for 'a joke'.
If he really didn't want to 'harm anyone', then he should definitely consider what he says a lot more; and this would be a good time to do it; a small amount of thought would suggest that a lot of the things I've seen him say in the past are personally hurtful.

Quote:
Anyone that thinks different, they are stuck up.

If you say so <shrugs>.
Dr Nick This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

R4nger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 17 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yer... Take that... and that! Laughing Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

IP bans lol... They tend not to do much either!

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 23:07 - 18 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
I treat those I've met with less respect and be more likely to take the pi$$ out of them.

I can vouch for that! Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 318 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5