Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cadwell park: Rollcall

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
 View related event: BMCRC Cadwell Park (29 May to 31 May) View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:23 - 21 May 2005    Post subject: Cadwell park: Rollcall Reply with quote

So, who's coming, from when to when, etc?

For those of you who haven't been to a club race meeting you get days packed with action; with twelve different catogeries and most having two days you'll get a bit of everything.

Classes range from 25hp, 20 year old MZ 250s to 190hp powerbikes in Forza Extreme.

Cadwell park is a lovely circuit, described as a 'mini nurbergring', it has a bit of everything, with fast, slow, basic and techincal corners for us to contend with.

There is a race practice day on Saturday, followed by the actual race days on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday. A lot of BCFers will also be staying for the track day on Tuesday.

The practice day and trackday will be free.
Race days cost £12 entry, but you should be able to only pay once and stay for the next day if you're sneaky Smile.
If you come in on the Saturday and stay after that you shouldn't have to pay at all to get in!

Cadwell park is here.

It's looking to be one of the biggets BCF meets of the year so far.
So, who's going to come along?
Could you note down what days are you gonna come, and if you're gonna be camping in the paddock.

If you haven't met any one else from BCF, don't worry we're not that weird! So come along and say hi!... great day watching the racing as well as the company Smile.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 23:01 - 21 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Smile

Saturday - Tuesday, kipping in the car. So try and baggsy me somewhere to park. Mr. Green

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:06 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Charlotte and I will be there from Sunday to Tuesday, staying at a local B&B for the nights.

All the best

Keith

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 00:19 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be there with Danny & Millsy from Friday to Tuesday, staying in the paddock.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get there somehow, though how i'm going to fit a tent, clothing and sleeping bag on the bike i don't know! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 01:01 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will hopefully be there on saturday, will probably load mikes car up with crap then ride up, just need to buy about 12 disposable BBQ's and lots of crap to cook on them.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 01:26 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in Louth (or near enough) on Sunday for a Christening, stopping at B&B on Sunday night and will be along on Monday to cheer on BCF racing Thumbs Up.
We will travel home Monday evening and ride back down to Cadwell on tuesday morning for the pace day.

Looking forward to it. Mr. Green

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 01:45 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
sat-tuesday, doing the track-day, sleeping in a ten Smile.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 02:03 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll either be driving up Sunday evening or very early Monday morning to catch the last days racing & staying over for the track day Tuesday, & will be sleeping.....somewhere! Laughing Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:19 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone from down south I'd be able to get a lift with? Smile

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm there as usual,

Will be there about Sat lunchtime.
Media pass has arrived, so full trackside photo's guaranteed.

Sleeping in the Scenic with me camera / Laptop.
Ideally in the paddock if G is nice enough to reserve me a space (again).

Unfortunately the copper jar doesn't extend to a day off and a trackday so going home on the Mon night..

Ste, I've got space but don't really want to be hiking all round the South before the drive.
Anyway of getting anywhere near me or the route from M3/M25 junction --> Cadwell

Will possibly be bringing Wave and Ste

Swaffs.

Last edited by swaffs on 13:17 - 22 May 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:10 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking like I should have space to take you up on Friday Ste.

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 12:43 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if ill turn up friday night or saturday morning, depends how i feel after Rockingham. Ill be camping in the padock if i can find space. Will be staying untill tuesday.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 21:00 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I'm getting there yet; can't go friday because of work. Confused

Am hoping I might be able to blag a lift up with Marjay on sat/sun? Thinking

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 21:21 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swaffs will my bike be ok if i leave it at urs
also is there any space for me to kip in the car Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 22:29 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be there on saturday, will get there as early as I can to try and get tent space, will be stopping at a B&B on monday night though to get a decent nights sleep/shower so I feel refreshed tuesday morning.

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:44 - 22 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be calling down on Sunday or Monday depending which day has the better weather forecast. It's about time I put some names to faces! Laughing

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:34 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i will try and make it up over the weekend and see if i cant meet a few of you but i have a question or two if i can seeing as i am new to this.

Security
I am not so much concerned about the bike what with alarm locks and the like but more my camping stuff. I just don’t have the room lock everything in the bike and although I would keep anything remotely of value with me I still wonder about my tent/sleeping bag clothes and the like.

Am I been overly paranoid or will I just have to say sod and take the risk?

How in a pace full of people do we recognise other BCF people? I don’t think I am the chap on the bikes really going to work

And lastly any one riding up from the London aria?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:30 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, there will be several vans and cars there if you want to store stuff 'safely'.

Secondly I really wouldn't worry.

If you wander through the padock you will see tools, bikes and spares worth thousands around, so unlikely someone's gonna steal your tent.

Compared to the many festivals etc that I have been to and left my tent with stuff in the middle of a thousands of other tents, it is a lot, lot safer.

We should have a BCF flag, if Swaffs brings it along.

Drop me a PM and I'll reply with my phone number, anyway.

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave, I have my stuff and me in the back but your welcome to try and sleep in the front (I wouldn't recommend it though)

I will be leaving from
HERE

at 9AM Saturday.

Wave bring a chain so you can chain your bike to mine. Same for Maurice.

I will bring the flag, although I don't expect it to be looking as good as last time and Flag mk2 wont be ready.

It will be on a nice long flagpole (5M)
check the pictures here to see what you can expect:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=48240

DONT BE LATE or it'll be 400cc all the way for you !
or at least phone me

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:26 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i think i will get away from the south for the weekend and will see you all on Saturday.

Now if any one is riding up from the London aria and fancies a travailing companion just PM me and let’s sort it out.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:52 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go past a bike trailer with a yellow/black CBR and a red/black VFR, give us a wave. Smile

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:07 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
If you go past a bike trailer with a yellow/black CBR and a red/black VFR, give us a wave. Smile

Sounds like Swaffs will have Wave.

All the best

Keith

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:07 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

will do )

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 23 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good chance that I will turn up on Saturday and stop over til Sunday (possibly Monday) - not sure if the other half will be coming or not yet.

Happy to offer my services as Camp Cook as I'm probably coming in the car rather than the bike - means I can fetch the BBQ and lots of cake, would that be OK? And will there be room for the car (306) and my tent in the paddock? Tent is only little..... Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2