Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SPORTS EXHAUST

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:34 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: SPORTS EXHAUST Reply with quote

Anybody know where I can get a decent sports or race exhaust (Arrow, Scorpion, etc) for my NSR 125 from and how much they cost???

Also, how much extra bhp would one of them gain???......I take it it would need to be rejetted to gain the extra performance....

gav

PostPosted: 23:00 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: NSR EXHAUST Reply with quote

Wink NIKON PERFORMACE do a hand made race pipe for all nsr125's. You get an extra 3 BHP from 6000 rpm and it will rev to 12000 rpm so top speed increases as well. Don't buy Scorpion exhausts for any bike, there shit ( i work in the trade and have to fit them to all sorts of bikes and scooters).
You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:33 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I ain't doubting what you say mate, but anybody else who I know got an opinion on this??? Maybe SummY, Keith, G, etc??? I don't really know Gav the unregistered user...........

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:38 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry, know next to nothing about aftermarket exhausts. Do remember that a friend had problems with Gianelli exhausts rusting away in a few months (ie, rusting through on the silencer within about 4 months)

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:40 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

Cheers Keith, I'll have to ask around, it really depends on how long I am gonna keep the bike. If I am keeping it for a year then I won't get a sports exhaust, but if I am keeping it 2 years I wanna tune it up a bit.

Nice one.

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 06 Apr 2002    Post subject: after market systems Reply with quote

Exhaust systems are pretty few are far between for the NSR. Arrow are definatly the best though. The next best would be the gianelli but keiths mate wouldn't recommend them.

I cant remeber how much they were. Korn had one on his, PM him and ask him. Just had a look on arrows web site and they havn;t got any exhausts listed for the NSR though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 00:41 - 06 Apr 2002    Post subject: n1 Reply with quote

Thx SummY will do that.

Cheers.

jimmy

PostPosted: 20:54 - 06 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ur wrong. The Arrow is not the best. I had 1 on my old NSR and it rusted madly. Currently i have a Nikon performance hand mad exhaust. It took 2 days to arrive and cost £175 for the whole system. And it had improved the performance the acceleration and the sound of the bike. It is also cheaper than Arrow and of a better quality.

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 06 Apr 2002    Post subject: exhausts Reply with quote

Fair enough jimmy, i'll take your word for it. You know alot more than me about nsr exhausts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:34 - 06 Apr 2002    Post subject: nah Reply with quote

nah IMO arrows are defenatly the best. much better performance. You can get the for about £150
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:31 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about "Jolly Moto" exhausts?

...and Dan, where can you get an Arrows system for £150?

Cheers,

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jimmy

PostPosted: 20:21 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrow exausts are mass produced so the quality is not as good as Nikon. I rang up the bloke who makes Nikon and he is a really nice guy, an xpert on 2 strokes

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:43 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Speaking from experience i can say Nikon exhausts are the best. I also think they look pretty snazzy with metal working on display.
Ive never had anything to do with Arrow so my experience isn't as flawless as id like it to be, however ive had most of the other makes and Nikon gives you a sweet sound and wider powerband, what more can you ask from a length of tubeing?!
You might wanna consider upping your main jet 2/3 sizes, i melted my top piston ring using one on an old TZR.

Good gear

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 20:47 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: nikon Reply with quote

This is all well and good, but where the hell do you get one from???

lol

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:52 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I think id start looking here:
https://www.nikonexhausts.co.uk/twostoke.htm
but maybe thats just me. Laughing

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 21:00 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

don't get cocky lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Are new exhausts any good for an import or is not worth it. And what do you have to change in the carb (laymans terms)

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 21:57 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys derestrict your bikes during the run-in period?...or after?

Tin

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:04 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

You dont HAVE to change anything in the carb but i would recommend it. The Main Jet is the lowest situated (apart from choke jet) and biggest jet in the carb. It screws into the bolt which holds the bottom bowl of the carb to the carb. It says a number on it, cant remeber what number is, somewhere around 135 mark i believe. Anyway, whatever number is on your Main Jet by another Main 2 or 3 sizes bigger. For example if your Main Jet says the number 130, and your planning on fitting an aftermarket pipe and thrashing the bike, buy a 133 jet.

Im sorry but im not too hot at explaining things in lamen terms Confused

Hope that helps anyway buddy

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:45 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: help Reply with quote

can someone plz explain about jetting i have no idea what you mean. Do you have to buy a 133 jet or is it an adjustable thing on the bike??? God help me!!! lol Laughing

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:19 - 07 Apr 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

James wrote:

Nikon gives you a sweet sound and wider powerband

i love my bike and all but whatever you put on it you can't make it sound sweet.

as for the arrows thing look in the M7P cataloge

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:58 - 08 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.stanstephens.com/exhausts.htm
This help??
Arrows obviousely the most expensive, but i reckon jolly moto look the best value???
Dylan

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 19:10 - 08 Apr 2002    Post subject: Jolly Motos Exausts! Reply with quote

Try this link
www.apexleisure.co.uk/jolly.htm
The exhausts are hand made to order by some italian dude. They're high rise cans and look great! Though pretty damn expensive (£275 for Al, and £300 carbon Fibre), but then compared to the Arrow systems (£235) it's not a lot more and you're getting something that looks a whole lot tastier....Don't know about performance or quality - sorry!

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:20 - 08 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I htink youre looking at a rip of merchant Annabella. Take a look a stanstephans, its got jolly moto ones for £165 instead of £275!!!! I did look at the dyno run for the RS250 and it makes it a totaly straight line with quite a few more bhp on the top end!!!
Dyl

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 19:27 - 08 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Sounds good. I only got that from doing a really quick search for exhausts. Is that price for the full system VAT and postage and packaging? Need a new exhaust....Mine is well dodgy (half an Aprivlia back can, some weird dented expansion chamber and the down pipe isn't in the slightest bit wiggly in the right places - couldn't get the fairing on! Been to a breakers and bought a cheap standard so I can put the plastics on...WHEN I get them back!!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2