Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

When was white trash banned and what had he done this time?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
 Topic moved: from to Forum Feedback & Help by Korn (26 May 2005 - 10:07)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Yeti
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:00 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: When was white trash banned and what had he done this time? Reply with quote

i just wondered what he had said to upset someone this time and when did he get banned?

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 01:07 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it was because of what he said in the 'BCF clique' thread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 01:10 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

he deserved to be banned, are real trouble maker Thumbs Up
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0ni
World Chat Champion

How many regulars have been banned now? With the exception of the bloke who was giving that homosexual chap a hard time I believe the bannings are all to the detriment of the forum.

Last edited by 0ni on 01:11 - 26 May 2005; edited 1 time in total

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

Gonna stick my neck out here and say that this is the first banning I have disagreed with, I know he said some harsh things to G, but then loads of members have had disputes and neither of them get banned. I hate conspiracy stories but I do smell a tad double standards here.

This forum has been fucked up past couple of days and I am sure I am not the only one who is quite bewildered why it has gotten to this level. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Yeti
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:12 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has had some quite strong views recently to say the least!

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 01:14 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really has turned into big brother with people just being voted off! Thumbs Down
i like BCF and want to stay, but its getting stupid!
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

0ni
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitetrash wrote:
Oh for God sakes, im going to give up on this post, like i said earlier G PM me sometime, then perhaps we can get this out of the way

Seems like a thoroughly reasonable adult way to go about things so why ban him?

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 01:16 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week I nominate Dom. Razz

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 01:17 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't unban him! I made a post saying I didn't like his VFR as I knew he can't reply. Laughing

Last edited by Jrod on 09:32 - 26 May 2005; edited 1 time in total

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:19 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd been posting about 'having it out' with G via PM so I wonder if that may have caused his banning.

Jon B wrote:
This forum has been fucked up past couple of days and I am sure I am not the only one who is quite bewildered why it has gotten to this level. Smile

Because certain people were deliberately "pushing it", after a month or twos worth of deliberately confrontational and insulting postings. Someone mentioned in another thread(probably the clique one) about rebeling against authority... I'd pretty much agree with that.

Quote:
How many regulars have been banned now?

So them being "regular posters" somehow makes it more harsh to have banned them? Whitetrash had been posting regularly for a while, but most of what he'd been posting was consistantly abusive and confrontational. Can't say I'll miss him, which is an opinion i'm sure many people will share.

0ni
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:26 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath wrote:
He'd been posting about 'having it out' with G via PM so I wonder if that may have caused his banning.

If you look at how I quoted it above you will notice that it was not put how your making it out. From what I can see he was genuinely looking to get a resolution - not a confrontation. He stopped posting in the clique thread to stop a fight. Not to start one. A commendable action Thumbs Up

Quote:
So them being "regular posters" somehow makes it more harsh to have banned them? Whitetrash had been posting regularly for a while, but most of what he'd been posting was consistantly abusive and confrontational. Can't say I'll miss him, which is an opinion i'm sure many people will share.

It was an observation that they were regular posters and an opinion that they added plenty to the forum. Yoda made me laugh, Dr Nick knew useful stuff and Whitetrash had good banter. However offtopic they may have gotten a resolution should have been sought rather than a ban. Thats the sort of thing that pisses folk off (as is very evident at the moment) which can't be a good thing.

I think a definate step back is needed from those who should know better and think - hey this is a forum about bikes and bikers - are these bans really necessary now that certain folk know the limits?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:30 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Gonna stick my neck out here and say that this is the first banning I have disagreed with, I know he said some harsh things to G, but then loads of members have had disputes and neither of them get banned. I hate conspiracy stories but I do smell a tad double standards here.

And if it is double standards and isn't fair, so what?

0ni
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
And if it is double standards and isn't fair, so what?

Then you have a problem - this forums growth was built on a different atmosphere than to the current one. This change has been fairly recent - last couple of months.

Double standards and fairness should be avoided if the forum is to grow both in quality and population.

Yeti
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:40 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt want to start another one of these "discussions" i just wanted to find out why he was banned!

I think we should forget about this whole thing and go back to la la happiness and talk about bikes!

After all we are all part of the same clique and thats bikers!

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

0ni wrote:
If you look at how I quoted it above you will notice that it was not put how your making it out. From what I can see he was genuinely looking to get a resolution - not a confrontation. ... A commendable action Thumbs Up

One of his last posts was:
Personally i think you should stick your Kama up your fucking Arse G

And the other post he made about PMs suggested he wanted to have a slagging match:
Perhaps You should PM me some time G, Tell me what you really think, i can do the same then we can both keep out of each others way.

Hardly the posts of somebody looking to avert a potential argument, and get on with other people rather than insulting them all the time Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I think a definate step back is needed from those who should know better and think - hey this is a forum about bikes and bikers - are these bans really necessary now that certain folk know the limits?
Well they obviously didn't know the limits because they got banned Confused And I doubt unbanning them straight away would help, as they'd probably be even more abusive due to being angry at being banned.

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont think they would want to come back even if they were aloud Confused

0ni
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:52 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment about keeping out of each others way seems like fair play to me.

Myself wrote:
now that certain folk know the limits

They now know the limits of what can and cannot be done in Korns playground. They should be allowed to come back to play if they are going to "behave" as those 3 individuals each added something different to the sauce.

Gracie Jones
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:56 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this site were a political system, it would not be a democracy, it would be a benign dictatorship.

There is no constitution and nobody gets to vote.

I like it that way Thumbs Up

dibbster
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:08 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

0ni wrote:
Seems like a thoroughly reasonable adult way to go about things so why ban him?

Whitetrash wrote:
Personally i think you should stick your Kama up your fucking Arse G, perhaps forums should start dishing out Chevrons then you could have lots of them on your virtual arm!

Doesn't sound very adult to me?

Craggles
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:11 - 26 May 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracie Jones wrote:
If this site were a political system, it would not be a democracy, it would be a benign dictatorship.

There is no constitution and nobody gets to vote.

I like it that way Thumbs Up

Up till a couple of weeks ago... it was a democracy. The Karma system took care of bannings, hiding threads/posts etc. As G said in another thread - all his "moderation" involves usually is moving posts between forums.

JammyG's banning was a suprise to me - however I accept his behaviour was not acceptable, and needed action. I also accept I probably didn't know the whole story - I rarely go into IRC and miss some threads. Everyone does.

Yoda & DrNick's banning should have made everyone aware that JammyG's incident was not a one-off - should have shown that you can no longer be an ass and get away simply loosing a couple of blobs of Kama.

Whitetrash wasn't a suprise as he was clearly going the same way as the others.

Let's hope everyone now has the message, and the forum can drop back to normality. I seriously hope it dosn't all fall apart now, as I was looking forward to meeting some of you this summer.

Craig

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 18:38 - 01 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a post about me too, calling me gay like some 12 year old child.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 01 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

RooRoo wrote:
He had a post about me too, calling me gay like some 12 year old child.

Yeah, but surely his post still stands????

Wink

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 22:19 - 01 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silence you fiend

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:28 - 01 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met him for the first time t'other night, nice chap!

His VFR is just as nice in the flesh as well Wink
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1