Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

FAO - dirt bike Owners

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:45 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: FAO - dirt bike Owners Reply with quote

Wot helmet do u use on the road?

Do non dirt bike helmets look ok when riding?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 02:15 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGV in black/grey with Progrip 3200 black/grey goggles that have an iridium lense.

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:43 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any pics m8?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:43 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two, i have my Suomy union jack style lid for when im feeling sporty, or when i feel like some moto-x / supermoto style fun i crack on my speedway helmet which is an open face Bieffe in purple and green Thumbs Up with my Scott goggles, which are also green Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on for dirt bikes its not true that you have to change the oil every week or so is it?

and what about the road styled hybrids made to look like trailies but absolutely cannot go off the road?.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
and what about the road styled hybrids made to look like trailies but absolutely cannot go off the road?.

What about them? Rolling Eyes

And as a rule of thumb... you can take any bike off-road mate.

Although this doesnt guarantee the bike will be any good at all off-road, nor will it return in any condition, even barely resembling what it entered like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I suppose you can but I'd worry far too much about sinking into the mud and not being able to get it out (there be plenty of traffic busting back lanes around here , though on foot you'll sink down to your knees).

Its just that I'm wondering if all those proper trailies require very frequent (more so than a road bike like a GS500 or something) oil changes , even the road biased versions like dominators.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Quote:

I suppose you can but I'd worry far too much about sinking into the mud and not being able to get it out (there be plenty of traffic busting back lanes around here , though on foot you'll sink down to your knees).

Its just that I'm wondering if all those proper trailies require very frequent (more so than a road bike like a GS500 or something) oil changes , even the road biased versions like dominators.

Track bikes will require more regular and detailed maintanence than road bikes because of what they are... they are performance machines. If your looking for something that you can ride on the road, but take some green laning in aswell, something like a DT125 or if you have a full liscence, say a WR420...? I wouldnt say the GS500 is an off-roader by any means, but i do have fun riding like a supermoto... If you took a road bike with road tyres off road, the results would be... well, Amusing Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:26 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How frequent oil changes and other maintenance will depend on a bike's state of tune and use.

For instance on my r6 race bike that's still pretty standard as far as tuning goes I change the oil after every race weekend to make sure the engine's still working in good condition.

On a seriously tuned motorcross bike you would definitely be wanting regular maintenance. While on a not so tuned enduro you can probably leave bigger intervals.

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
On a seriously tuned motorcross bike you would definitely be wanting regular maintenance.

For example, when i had my KX125 1998 model for the track, i was doing oil changes every weekend, giving it a thorough (and i mean thorough) clean after every day riding, and a air filter clean every weekend with a replacement every 4-5 weeks. The thing with track bikes, and highly tuned machines, maintanence is scheduled by Hours... not Miles. So where as my KX would go say 5.8hours to an oil change, (on an easy day), my GS500 would so something like 3,000 Miles... So they are measured in different ways aswell.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well just curious I'm a shortarse anyway , I probably wouldn't be able to even tip toe on a trailie

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 04 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I probably wouldn't be able to even tip toe on a trailie

Neither could i... Got on the thing using the paddock stand, and then tried my hardest not to have to stop Wink

Funniest thing was when i went round a bend, gave it too much and span out, i couldnt get back on the bike... so i pushed it up the the start of the next jump (about 20meters away), climbed halfway up the ramp so i was high enough to get my leg over the bike Embarassed
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 329 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1