BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2T oil

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: 2T oil Reply with quote

i own an rs 125 and was woundering how much 2t oil it shud use i seem to go threw loads
nearly costin me more than petrol? is this normal lol

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many full tanks of petrol do you get through per litre of oil?

Remember that the more you open the throttle, a larger amount of oil will be burnt Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 09 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had bike on road 5 weeks now and had to fill oil up 3 times i think
but like ifilled it up again yesterday went out for a lil ride did about 30 miles and it had used quite alot

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 10 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the RS should be using about 1 tank of oil to every 3 tanks of fuel, 4 at the most. If it's using more than that then I'd say that you have a problem. You will have to adjust the oil mixture, which is something I'm not sure about on the RS. On the NSR125 you can remove the oil pump panel on the right hand side of the engine and adjust it there, you need to open the throttle fully and make the two marker lines meet by adjusting the neccesary bits. Wink

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 10 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked your plug? You may find that there is quite alot of oily deposit around the electrode. If so the oil mixture is too high. I got through a litre of oil in about 1-1.5 months on the NSR (3 to 4 fill-ups).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1