Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Track Days With 33bhp License

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

kb-zxr
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:50 - 21 Jun 2005    Post subject: Track Days With 33bhp License Reply with quote

Is it possible????

I've heard it is from some people, and its not by others.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks, Kurt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:04 - 21 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've have to ring up the track and find out what their policy is as each could be different.

Not that I know for sure! So not very helpful.

However there's no legal reason why you can't race - you don't need a licence at all as it's private land.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 20:07 - 21 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focused Events are the only trackday company I know that don't allow riders with 33bhp licenses.

I booked with them online, but didn't see any warnings about this. I only found out later when I called to confirm and was told "we would have told you if you booked by phone". Rolling Eyes

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 20:13 - 21 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even tho FE say they require a full licence, i've never had a problem with my restricted licence.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

nc30 chick
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:33 - 22 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

A restricted licence is still a full licence so as long as your bike is in line with your licence then whats the problem. Rolling Eyes

kb-zxr
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:36 - 22 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will they test it to find out?

Chr!S
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:51 - 22 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

kb-zxr wrote:
Will they test it to find out?

Forcefully take your bike off you and put it on a dyno against your will?

Yes, that happens at all trackdays. Wink

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 14:17 - 22 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

nc30 chick wrote:
A restricted licence is still a full licence so as long as your bike is in line with your licence then whats the problem. Rolling Eyes
I don’t know, I asked the same question to F.E. and didn't get an answer. Rolling Eyes

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:15 - 22 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrackTime Promotions don't mind, i'm doing a trackday in August with my bike still 33BHP. Laughing
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

RobB
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:32 - 22 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that each place is different, and some may have different rules to others.

On the track day I did a few years back up at Mallory, my mate's dad joined, and was in our group, and he doesn't even have a bike licence. He'd only just got his car licence back after a drink-driving ban. They chatted to him before-hand, and he told them all the bikes he used to ride, and how much he'd been on the road. Y'know, just bikers chatting. They told him that as long as he felt comfortable, they were comfortable. Told him to take it easy to begin with, and not to push himself too far. He had no problem jumping on a brand new GSXR6, and was much quicker than his son Very Happy

To be honest, I would think that if you can convince them you're a decent sort of chap, they'll let you out and watch you from there. Anatagonise them, or just don't listen, and you ruin your own day. On that same track day, one of my other mates got black-flagged for riding with his arms out (airplane style), got told off, then went out and wheelied down the straight. They didn't let him back out on the track again.....

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 17:35 - 22 Jun 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a trackday on the first of August on my 33bhp licence, same as Jon in fact.

Jay's done quite a few of them on a 33bhp licence.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1