BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Korn's Motard

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:54 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Korn's Motard Reply with quote

Bye bye FYM110, hello Yamaha YZ426. I sold my mini supermoto and bought... a big supermoto. Rolling Eyes Laughing

https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Moto/normal_P1010013.JPG

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schweeeet Cool

I'm liking that, lots Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fookin' hell Shocked *raises hand* wants one Very Happy Cool

I expect a good video stunting posted soon chap Twisted Evil Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 16:37 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to keep the moto-x bike, the R6 and R1 company? This guy robs banks for a living.

The van must have fairly high running costs too.

Lovely bike!

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

(You taking it round Oulton Park? Laughing )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 19:40 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid I sold the R1 a few weeks ago - so it's only keeping the XR and the track bike company. The van doesn't cost much to run either, only real cost is diesel and a bit of basic servicing which I do myself.

If you want in on a bank job though, just ask. Can you handle a shooter? Angelic

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 20:01 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
Can you handle a shooter?

Me me me, I can!

/me covers up bullet hole in foot

someone else did that to me.... honest! Liar

Very nice bike too!

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 20:20 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet

Very trick Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 21:01 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

korn and yams both have toooooo much money
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:09 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
korn and yams both have toooooo much money

Nah we don't.. just both live at home, cheap rent... Laughing

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 22:05 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

u mean NO rent

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:13 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
u mean NO rent

I have to pay rent Sad

But I get cooking/washing/ironing done for me so can't complain really Wink

Vespa
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:12 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Vespa on 12:45 - 01 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 23:39 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted insurance and tax today, took it for its first proper ride this evening out to Box Hill way, had great fun getting used to it, playing on the twisties and learning to wheelie it. How long did it take me to get pulled over by the plod you ask? All of 45 minutes. Luckily he just wanted 'a quick chat' about my riding, and to check I hadn't nicked the thing.

Graphical guide to first outing: Very Happy Cool Very Happy Twisted Evil Police Embarassed

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. Laughing Lovely looking bike as well.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 14:40 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice mate Thumbs Up , looks like it could be fun to work on. Confused

Shaun wrote:
Me me me, I can!

He said 'shooter' shaun, not 'scooter'. Razz

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn, you seem to be in a good position to answer the age old question of (and presuming your moto-x is road legal):

What kind of bike do you think is the most fun to ride on the the great british roads?

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:49 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really have an answer for that, all bikes are fun in different ways (yes, Mr Giffould, that includes cruisers Razz) and more or less suitable to different types of roads - so in the end it's down to personal preference.

I bought the supermoto because I've been having stacks of fun riding small, twisty country roads on my XR250 (think B roads and below, it's only geared for 60mph) but I wanted something with a bit more grunt to tackle the larger roads and play silly buggers with wheelies and the like. I also plan to use it for a few trackdays, both normal and supermoto, just as something 'a bit different' to my R6 track bike.

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike! Very Happy

Hope this isn't too off topic, but what's the difference between the bike in the front and the bike in the rear? Is it just the type of tyres? Smile

Thanks in advance. Smile

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 13:14 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss wrote:
Hope this isn't too off topic, but what's the difference between the bike in the front and the bike in the rear? Is it just the type of tyres? Smile

At a guess; a few cc, a fair bit of tuning, lots of £££ and quite a few bhp.

Oh and the tyres. Wink

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one's a Honda, one's a Yamaha Razz

Chriss
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll rephrase, on the styles of bikes, what's the differences other than tyres, colour scheme and make/model.

Is there suspension differences? Engine performance differences? I'm looking at getting a Supermoto, but it's proving difficult, but I can get one that looks similar to the one in the background, figuring i could just swap over tyres, if that's the only difference. If you see?

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 15:14 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bro in law just got out after 7 years from 11 for doing that very same thing so i dont think i will be joing you on this job. Thumbs Down

nice bike Korn
Thumbs Up

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 16:11 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss wrote:
Is there suspension differences? Engine performance differences? I'm looking at getting a Supermoto, but it's proving difficult, but I can get one that looks similar to the one in the background, figuring i could just swap over tyres, if that's the only difference. If you see?

I haven't ridden either, but i'm relatively certain the bike in the foreground (YZ) will out perform the one in the background (XR) in pretty much every way; make more power, more torque, have better suspension, brakes, frame etc. I would imagine it may well cost a fair bit more to maintain per mile ridden. I don't think the XR would really be described as a 'super moto'. In the picture it has off road tyres on, but putting road tyres on won't magically make it a super moto, maybe if you were to stick some road wheels on it....

But as I say I haven't ridden either so I'll leave korn to give you an educated answer.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:25 - 22 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss wrote:
Ok, I'll rephrase, on the styles of bikes, what's the differences other than tyres, colour scheme and make/model.

The XR is an enduro, the YZ a motocrosser. Motocross bikes are generally built to be lighter, the engines are in a higher state of tune with more 'peaky' power, and the suspension is stiffened up to handle the large jumps. Then to convert to a supermoto the thin 18 + 21 inch offroad wheels are changed for fat 17 inch ones to allow the bike to use sportsbike tyres, the front brake is beefed up for better stopping power on tarmac, and the gearing and suspension set up for road use.

The main expense (apart from rebuilding MX engines when they explode! Laughing) in building one is buying the wheels. You can get fairly good road-biased trailie tyres to fit offroad rims, but the choice isn't anywhere near as good or sticky as for sportsbike sized wheels. You also need to uprate the front brake, as most dirt bikes have fairly weak front brakes for use off road. Most people fit a larger front disc and move the caliper by way of a new bracket, or replace the whole system with something beefier.

Not cheap and definitely not low maintenance, but you won't find many road going sportsbikes claiming 60hp from 100kg...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 281 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2