Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Guess who lost her track day virginity today?! :oD

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

sv_cath
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:11 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Guess who lost her track day virginity today?! :oD Reply with quote

Meeeee!!! Dance!

It was Castle Coombe, for them that's interested. I went out in a usual group of 12, but had one-to-one instruction which was fab - they got me to follow them for a couple of laps then I led and they'd go back past me on bits I got wrong to put me right and by the end of the day the instructor said I'd done a perfect lap!

It wasn't the fastest lap in the world (although I did overtake a Ducati Senna on a previous lap - LOL) but I really felt like I knew how to ride a track by the end of the day, just got to get faster and get me some knee sliders now...

I'd recommend Castle Coombe to any first timer - the instruction was brilliant and I don't think I'd have progressed half as well without them.

Now, when's the next one...?! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one Thumbs Up

id quite like to take me zxr4 on the track if i pass me test

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:36 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Re: Guess who lost her track day virginity today?! :oD Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up.

Wanna come race in minitwins next year? Razz

Note that from what I've heard there are plenty of better tracks than Castle Combe for a first trackday, but then I've never really seen anyone disapointed with a first trackday where ever they have done one Smile.

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Re: Guess who lost her track day virginity today?! :oD Reply with quote

G wrote:

I've never really seen anyone disapointed with a first trackday where ever they have done one Smile.

ermm, I could have had a better one!!!

nah I really enjoyed it though.

Well done Cath Thumbs Up , watch out the bug gets expensive !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:46 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Good one. Sounds like you enjoyed it.

Excuse for another TZR for track use?

All the best

Keith

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Thumbs Up

Just don't do what I did on Sunday Wink . As G said, there are plently of better tracks than Castle Coombe which I personally found quite repetitive.

I believe you'll be wanting this website... https://www.uktrackdays.co.uk/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:35 - 20 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had fun!

I got my first Trackday in just over a week now! I haven't fitted Crash Bungs. Shocked Tempting fate? Confused
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

no_shad
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:28 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
I got my first Trackday in just over a week now! I haven't fitted Crash Bungs. Shocked Tempting fate? Confused

There's still time, for the sake of £50 or whatever they cost, get some on. Thumbs Up

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:31 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

And not the cheap ones either...

https://www.rg-racing.com/crash-protectors/suzuki-crash-protectors-frame-sliders.html Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:34 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note - I'm not so convinced about sticky out crashbungs these days.

They seem to be fine for gentle drops. But tend to bend (like Silver's did) under more strain. Also they can mangle the threads, as they have done to my engine, under repeated 'use'.

Next crash bungs I get will be shorter, wider and closer to the bike.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 09:45 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to fit the bungs myself?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 09:59 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

They generally just replace a couple of engine mounting bolts.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 11:48 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Cath Very Happy Thumbs Up

Glad you enjoyed it... I'm guessing there are going to be many more to come now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:38 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be popping your head up here anna, sure you've been saying you wanted to do one for many years now Razz.

(Infact I seem to remember you were considering going to the first track day that I went to - hmmm, maybe a good thing you didn't, looking at how much I'm spending on track riding now Razz.)

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 14:04 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Cath. Thumbs Up

No doubt we'll be seeing you at a BCF trackday in the near future. Laughing

Andy99
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:16 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah but would you have enjoyed it as much had the instructors not been falling over each other for the honour of teaching you Very Happy I've never seen an instructor debreif last as long,seriously at least 2 groups had been out by the time they'd stopped chatting her up,shamefull it was i tell ya Wink

Good on ya girl,especially following that R1 past the Ducati Senna,he must have been gutted,where's next Question

Just call me General Crazypaws.

Andy99
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:34 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Re: Guess who lost her track day virginity today?! :oD Reply with quote

G wrote:
Note that from what I've heard there are plenty of better tracks than Castle Combe for a first trackday

The track itself i would agree on,but they only have 12 bikes out in each session which i think is good for a first timer as you're not getting passed every corner by people.The only downside to this is the groups are mixed ability,but they do try to put all the trackday virgins in the same group.
Cath only had one iffy pass on her all day and from the sound of it that was more down to surprise on her part than the pass being too close.

Just call me General Crazypaws.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 17:26 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I wouldn't be popping your head up here anna, sure you've been saying you wanted to do one for many years now Razz.

Shhh!
G - you know I'm too poor for these frivolous passtimes.. and too poor to be re-building my bike again. Wink

Josh|RD125LC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 21 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you still had the 125LC to take around the track, what fun that would be! Wink

That pic is very cool, you suit that bike very well. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1