Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Moto Gp what a race

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

scottiel
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:17 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Moto Gp what a race Reply with quote

What a race. Rossi is a legend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 17:18 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

1:45 fecking amazing! Wink
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GSXReater
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:27 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good race from KR too.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How/when did Rossi take the lead?

I was watching it - Vale in 3rd.

Went to make cup of tea and he was 3 seconds in front! Shocked

He can't be human! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Torque-head
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:32 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can some1 ride so well in such shit conditions?????
That guy is afraid of nothing Twisted Evil
Great rider Thumbs Up

MarkyPancake
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:38 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the edge of my seat the entire race.

Rossi truly is amazing!

Last edited by MarkyPancake on 10:24 - 25 Jul 2005; edited 1 time in total

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

AcIdBuRnZ wrote:
How/when did Rossi take the lead?

I was watching it - Vale in 3rd.

Went to make cup of tea and he was 3 seconds in front! Shocked

He can't be human! Laughing

He overtook Baros on the Melbourne loop hairpin I think, then caned it for a few laps, making the rest of the field look like amateurs Thumbs Up .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

niff5855
Sausage Boy

PostPosted: 17:57 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah he was taking the piss long before then - pulling alongside Baros then backing it off.

He's in a different class mun, did you see him saving those highsides?

Then when he'd had his fun he just scorched off into the distance - Class.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:59 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

:yawn: - was hoping he'd crash or do something interesting Smile.

Yes, he is an incredibly talented rider that it is interesting to watch ride, but when the same thing happens everyweek, the 'racing' isn't quite so interesting - not quite as bad as F1 yet though Smile.

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 18:00 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rekon the 125 race was the best.

all of them were great though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working Sad
Are there any replays or highlights of it on tv?

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 18:21 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The race sucked, now the 250 race, that was entertaining!

People crashed and still finished with points, can't remember the name of the guy who won now but he deserved the win!

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was some good viewing. I always watch the 125's and find them the most entertaining due to their "I dont care" riding styles. Hats off to the two point scoring english wildcards as well, so much for not being competitive enough!

I thought the GP was a real good battle. Lots of overtaking in such crap conditions, made for some good viewing. Just glad I stayed home and watched it on TV rather than going down this morning as I was contemplating. Just a shame James Ellison and Shakey went down the road, especially from 6th position in Shakeys case.

But yeah, Rossi is truly amazing on any bike he rides. Only its not as impressive this year as the M1 is a very good bike. He needs to get on the WCM or even the KTM for next season and do the same yet again. Smile

Roll on Sachsenring! Very Happy

niff5855
Sausage Boy

PostPosted: 19:07 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, he is an incredibly talented rider that it is interesting to watch ride, but when the same thing happens everyweek, the 'racing' isn't quite so interesting - not quite as bad as F1 yet though .

Yeh thats very true actually, the thing I love about Bike racing is the closeness, the close overtaking moves etc.......

With Rossi its not so much fun cos he's so much better than the rest and just clears off at will.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:38 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know what a lap time might be for someone who has done a few track days at donnington but isnt a racer ? and say what kind of bike

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 19:47 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a standard fireblade
ron haslam did it at

1m 44.71 one eye covered
1m 53.81 with 17 st pillon
1m 57.31 with one arm behind his back

skilled sports bike rider 2m 00
compitent trackday novice 2m 15

all figures knicked from july's bike mag

moto Gp lap record 1m 29.97 by colin edwards
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

mc919
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi rules!

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very big upset by Shakey. I was actually very happy to have heard his name announced in 7th place! When i saw Melandri crash, i thought it was Rossi and kinda lept for joy as something was bound to hot up. Then Bayliss narrowly averted him, mind you, he used his head for a football!

A big shout to Antony West too, THAT was a good ride.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 20:09 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there, saw about 5 offs infront of me, very entertaining, and don't be bloody stupid, Rossi wasn't "toying" around making the tail flick out before he buggered off into the distance. Rolling Eyes lol, he was merely trying to get his power down and was lucky in that he caught it intime before it threw him off. I was quite hoping he'd come off, fed up of him winning then everyone arselicking him...

Mr. Green Karma

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:12 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a link to download the race? I missed it. Sad

The Dude
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:17 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical British Mentality. Hate to see someone being really successful Rolling Eyes

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 20:24 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dude wrote:
Typical British Mentality. Hate to see someone being really successful Rolling Eyes

Or maybe we just want a more interesting race than one that we can predict from the start. Rolling Eyes

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:26 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dude wrote:

I admit I do tend to 'support'* the underdog. However this is a case of Rossi's general goodness making the race it's self less interesting.

* hope nobody involved in the football arguments sees this.

The Dude
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:26 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you both should go and race. I'm sure that would make it more interesting.lol
It's not Rossi's fault he's amazing. Whats he supposed to do, slow down and let people take over him just so it makes the race more interesting? Maybe they should do what they did in F1 this year. Put some stupid rules in there and make it more interesting, and certainly a lot more dangerous.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:48 - 24 Jul 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dude wrote:
Then you both should go and race. I'm sure that would make it more interesting.lol

Erm, I do race, but just against those of a similar (well, when I'm on form) ability. Putting me in with world class riders would obviously make the issues I was mentioning even worse. Rolling Eyes Were it actually a competition me vs a world class racer would make particularly bad viewing I suspect.

Quote:
It's not Rossi's fault he's amazing. Whats he supposed to do, slow down and let people take over him just so it makes the race more interesting? Maybe they should do what they did in F1 this year. Put some stupid rules in there and make it more interesting, and certainly a lot more dangerous.

Not saying it was his fault, or that were I somehow massively more talented that I was, that I would do anything different.
I didn't suggest anything should actually be done about this, you will note.
But it doesn't change the fact that I find this situation more 'boring' Smile.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2