Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Dead TZR250

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Vin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 18 Aug 2005    Post subject: Dead TZR250 Reply with quote

Fed up here. My recently resurrected TZR250 2MA has just refused to start. It stood for 8 years before I cleaned the carbs etc whence it started 2nd go and has done every time since for about 18 months. Have just started riding it, new tyres bought etc etc and now nothing!
I have checked the spark and there is one on both plugs. The plugs were wet if a bit oily so I cleaned them up. Still nothing not even a hint of starting. The only other quirk has been it would start in warm weather without choke other than that it seemed to run reasonably well. Anyone got any ideas as to the logical progression for finding out why? Before I put the bloody thing on Ebay!!
I know this will be hard to answer but I need ideas.
Vin
P.S. it has fuel, a good battery, i tried bumping it, the kill switch is in the run position
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 19 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Starting to start without the choke suggests the bike is running a bit rich (or possibly has dumped petrol into the engine while parked).

Check the air filter and clean it. Chuck some new plugs in it. Then give it a try.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Vin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 19 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I have just refurbished the fuel tap so it should shut the fuel off when it isn't running. I will test it though
I am away this weekend so can ignore it until monday. I will try what you suggested.
The yahoo TZR group have given me some ideas to try too.
I'll keep you posted.
And thanks
Vin
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 21 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fix it please let me know, I'm having problems starting my TZR250.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Vin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:17 - 22 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do mate. I am going to start looking at it this evening. It will probably take me a while but luckily I don't rely on it.
All the best
Vin
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 43.99 Kb