Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Quick question !!!!!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Quick question !!!!!!!! Reply with quote

How do i soften up the suspension on my zxr 400 as its way too hard.
The front end is fine, its the rear that needs softening up???????

Ive also noticed that it seems to use a lot of fuel, is this standard with the zxr's or could there be a problem somewhere?

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 13:45 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZXRs are notorious for their rock hard rear shocks aren't they?

Maybe slacken off the preload somewhat, but wouldn't want to compromise static sag (might make the bike wallow/drag its arse around/slow the rate of turn in).

Not sure on ZXRs, but the preload may be a collar type or lock nut/adjuster. Either way, you'll need to get a C-spanner on it. Turn it anti clockwise to reduce preload, clockwise to increase.

An aluminium drift or similar may help if a c-spanner isn't available.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:03 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure if they are still available but I think NWS used to sell a replacement linkage part to change the ratios and soften the back end.

All the best

Keith

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

_city21"""" mine uses sh#t loads of fuel too, and mines restricted i just grin and bear it. Thumbs Up Neutral

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if i leave the shock as it is, will it cause any damage to it when taking pillions???????

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:20 - 03 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

No damge to the shock. The same can probably not be said for the pillions posterior.

All the best

Keith

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 03:38 - 03 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will want to upgrade your rear shock to solve the problem, my shock is nice and soft now and with my progressive fork springs it handles well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 242 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1