Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

motorbikes banned!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: motorbikes banned! Reply with quote

by 2020 the goverment are trying to get the transport department to ban motorbikes from the road altogether to cut down on road deaths.

register your views by:

writting to Allister Darling at the department for transport,great minister House,76 Marsham Street,London SW1P 4DR

writting to your mp or emailing them at www.theyworkforyou.com

writting to your local MEPs. to find their details at www.europarl.org.uk

i def dont want bikes banned !

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget it, there's absolutely no chance.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

there better not be i have the whole thing here printed in MCN newspaper its out on wednesdays. think this one 2 weeks old but its scary anyway. and serious.

they are giving out motorcycle identity cards now. like a doner card with yuor pic on it incase of an accident.

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 15:06 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN, making you shit your pants weekly for only £1.70!

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dad gets this paper, is that what they are like then?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:14 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

More
Crap
than
News.

Rolling Eyes

Don't listen, they misquote the whole world, and this debate has already been had somewhere else on the forum. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:17 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
my dad gets this paper, is that what they are like then?

Oh yes! Keep reading it for more sensationalist headlines if you like.

I hear next month, in conjunction with Kelloggs, in selected packets of Corn Flakes you'll be able to win a job as a MCN journalist. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must tell my dad that actually. i didnt relises*dumps paper in bin*

actually i need a job, beter by conrflakes then. lol

also didnt know that that topic was here in forum as i am not long member. Confused

base
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:37 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok lets look at this, first they ban bikes what happens to yamaha suzuki kwak honda? and every other manufacturer? retailers? racing? all the people employed in the biking industry .......................never going to happen

mattsmith95
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:46 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Re: motorbikes banned! Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
by 2020 the goverment are trying to get the transport department to ban motorbikes from the road altogether to cut down on road deaths.

The best way to cut down road death is to teach people how to cross a road and to actually enforce the mobile phone law and to ban cyclists.

Twisted Evil

BTW, I might send a letter to Allister Darling, I will enclose a pile of dog shite or perhaps a bullet with HIS name on it.

Barney
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:39 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

and for car drivers to check their blind spot before switching lanes or pulling out.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 16:57 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

base wrote:
ok lets look at this, first they ban bikes what happens to yamaha suzuki kwak honda?

Not made in the UK, so why should the government care.

base wrote:
and every other manufacturer?

That would be Triumph (mostly exported) and CCM. About it really.

base wrote:
retailers?

They will switch to selling other imported items.

base wrote:
racing?

Doubt the government really care. No racing means no tracks, which means no whinging letters from Mrs Miggins complaining about the noise.

base wrote:
all the people employed in the biking industry .......................never going to happen

Might well happen, just do not expect it to be as blatant as MCN make out.

All the best

Keith

eli_74
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:02 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long has it taken to government to do anything vaguely pro-active against chopping foxes up for sport....

I think it would take a great deal longer to warrant keeping bikes off the roads.

Bomberman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN opinion from these forums. Try searching for MCN and shit, you get plenty of threads Very Happy

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i def agreethey should teach people to drive etc. there are other ways of having safer roads why take it out on bike users.

ohi have some fresh deposits in my cats litter tray for allister also. Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 17:29 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

eli_74 wrote:
How long has it taken to government to do anything vaguely pro-active against chopping foxes up for sport....

Check the membership numbers of MAG and the BMF combined against the Countryside Alliance. On that basis it is surprising bikes have outlasted hunting with dogs

eli_74 wrote:
I think it would take a great deal longer to warrant keeping bikes off the roads.

Easy way to make the accident figures look good. Instant 10%~20% reduction in road deaths.

All the best

Keith

kb-zxr
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:39 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Easy way to make the accident figures look good. Instant 10%~20% reduction in road deaths.

All the best

Keith

Instant 80%~90% reduction in road deaths if they keep bikes and get rid of everything else then Wink

But then I suppose all road deaths would be bike related Rolling Eyes

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:42 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

kb-zxr wrote:
Instant 80%~90% reduction in road deaths if they keep bikes and get rid of everything else then Wink

If only.

kb-zxr wrote:
But then I suppose all road deaths would be bike related Rolling Eyes

At which point they would ban bikes Evil or Very Mad .

All the best

Keith

Jamie_ducati
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:17 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets face it;

1) European human rights act 1998

2) The government will find a huge battle on their hands (the Swedish government i think it was tried just this and had huge resistance from bikers all over Europe

3) Track days/ Racing

4) plenty of bikers will move to Spain where it is better anyway!

5) surplus of high powered bike engines to install in sports car chassis like Caterham, Westfield etc......

nah i aint worried!

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:28 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would never physically stop people riding bikes.

They may well ban them or try to ban them, but if every current bike rider still rides their bikes.. well what they going to do? Arrest us all and send us to prison?

I don't think so.

They will never ever stop anyone riding a motorcycle on the public roads or track, be it legal or illegal it will never happen and I know that for fact Smile

Fact because it just would never be possible.

It's a bit like banning cars, or 4x4's.. people won't ever just give up the vehicle (be it 4x4/car/truck/motorbike) "because it's illegal"

Drugs are illegal but doesn't stop people doing them.
Underage smoking/drinking is illegal but doesn't stop people.
Wheelies are illegal but doesn't stop me Mr. Green

To quote the words of Rob Zombie.

"NEVER GONNA STOP ME, NEVER GONNA STOP, NEVER GONNA STOP ME, NEVER GONNA STOP!!!!"

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban MCN!

NSR-Rulez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 24 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wont happen because the government will lose millions of pounds in taxes.

Dont worry about it because they would also have to compensate every person who owns a bike, the bike dealers (which also provide another huge chunk of income tax), tracks etc.

At the end of the day the government would lose too much money if they banned bikes from the roads, so thats why it wont happen.

NSR-Rulez
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mcbiker
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 25 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with many things it's also a case of a small minority who spoil it for the rest of us.
Agreed many bikers fall victim to bad car drivers but we also have to look at ourselves, many of us take risks, how many times have you said "Shit, that was close".
Many of us have been on a Christmas toy run or an Easter egg run with hundreds and sometimes thousands of bikers donating toys and Easter eggs to children in hospitals or hospices but you will be hard pressed to find any mention of it in the local press and even harder in the national press but if you get caught speeding on a clear motorway at a ton plus you can bet you will be front page news, if you die in an accident you'll be in the news especially if you contributed to your own downfall. Oh and don't forget illegal loud pipes that spoil the peace and tranquility of a whole neighborhood, well that's the way it's portrayed in the press, so is it really that hard to believe that one day bikes will be taken off the road, I don't think so, after all look what's happened to that other minority group who enjoyed fox hunting.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:57 - 25 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day those pricks in England (not you lot Wink ) tell me in my own country of Scotland I cannae ride is the day I look for a job and a house abroad.

Sick of being ruled by En-ger-land as it is without them banning bikes too Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 11:50 - 25 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think i would make any sence as the goverment make bike exempt from congestion charge and pay cheaper tax, if they wanted bike off the road then they would have insentive for people to want to bike, they also would make bike parking bay in the middle of cities either! load of sh*t i think.

the worst they would do i think is make a maximum BHP for bikes to be s there isnt really high powered bike on the road.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 216 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6