My new whip!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 09 Oct 2005    Post subject: My new whip! Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen,

i've finally sold my XR, which will be sorely missed. However it had to go because i cannot be doing a 100 mile trip in 1 hour 40 mins, of which 4/5th of it is sitting on the motorway at 65-redline mph. Some geeza's going to be collecting the bike this tuesday for his son's 17th birthday, but for some reason or another, i don't think that it's going he's going to be maxxing out the bike to its full potential.

So it gives me the pleasure to present to you my new whip, ready for collection on wednesday. Insurance is piss cheap on this and after having test ridden it, the ergonomics are spot on for a person of my size. Stepping up from a 125, the power is just right and the fact that it's derestricted at 40bhp, i don't really have to bother much with the restrictors as there's very little difference. I had 110mph out of it today which is more than enough for me Very Happy Thumbs Up Mr. Green . Very friendly power and like with all kwak engine's it's got enough oomph for those long overtakes down the motorway. 8000rpm in 3rd gear feels soo dastardly good.

It's a ZXR250. Yes i know, some of you would tell me "err nah, get a 400", but this thing ticks all the right boxes

Arrow fairing
Arrow screen
Arrow 100mph performance
Arrow 40-70mph rush @8000rpm
Arrow low weight

It's had a new engine put in by the owner, 6000 miles old, so it will see good use by me. If ever i need parts, my cousin whose currently living in thailand can sort me out with something.

Anyway here's the pic. Let's see what a male owner for 2.5 years will do to it Very Happy. It's a 94 reg 1200 quid and considering what's been done to it, it's a bargain.

Remember guys, it's not the size of your piece, but how you use it Wink

Last edited by The Tot on 23:53 - 09 Oct 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 09 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice Thumbs Up

250cc is plenty bud.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tom C RX50
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:54 - 09 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody nice bike!!! Quite fancy one for my next bike, either that or a 400, i personally feel, however, that gradual progression in a way would be more fun. Hopping from a 50 to a 250 wud be an immense difference, and then you would get another wow when you progress from 250-400.

How much did you pay for the little red rocket then? many around? etc, have fun and be safe dude Thumbs Up Twisted Evil

TC
**FOR SALE** Aprilia RX50, full system gianelli exhaust, 70cc MK big bore, MK pro race filter, 20mm Dellorto carb, aftermarket sticker set, small plate, carbon look indicators, new rear tyre, years tax and mot, new chain and sprockets, very fast bike. 1200 ono **FOR SALE**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically all i'm paying to upgrade is 2 weeks worth of shopping as a uni student, i.e. 40 quid. So i can make up for that by eating cheaper beans of having fried rice every night as i still have 7 kgs of rice in the larder lol!

I sold my XR for 1200, and got this for 1240. Payment and delivery is going to be made this wednesday. The only thing that needs doing is new chain and sprockets. So seeing that winter is setting it, i may do that in november once my loan's come through. For those who are interested in insurance comparisons, i'm getting a refund from my insurance company because i've changed location and also changed bike. Seeing that my XR was insured in London for 380TPO, they're giving me 20 quid back and also adding Fire and Theft cover on it Thumbs Up . If you want to know a rough comparison, TPO on e-bikeinsurance, the difference between this and the ZXR per month is 20 quid Thumbs Up Go figure where the smart money is at if you're a student on a restricted A license Wink

Tom, i'd suggest that a RX50 up to a 250 won't really be too much of a shock. You'd get used to it after the first week. 250-400 isn't that much different. The power's all above 8000rpm and when i test rode a vfr 400 and then the ZXR250, it felt pretty much the same. Except that the 400 has about another 10-20mph on the top end. so 130mph on the 400, 110-115 on the 250. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 00:03 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bufug!

Last edited by McGee on 00:07 - 10 Oct 2005; edited 1 time in total

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice bike, infact, I'll go all out and say I'm jealous. Looks like great fun. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Tick, tock, tick, tock....BOOM

Uh oh, I said the loud part quiet and the quiet part, loud. Oh, what a day. Embarassed

Wink

I do hope she's everything you want her for buddy. Certainly looks the part. Shocked Very Happy Thumbs Up

Groove
World Chat Champion

OMG!

you so gotta tell me how this is like. i should be getting one in 11 days LOL, mines white and blue tho. yours got any mods on? race can on this one is niiiice, very loud Twisted Evil
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk

The Tot
World Chat Champion

It's a timeless look i would say. I'd look back on a 91 ZXR400 and still think that it looks pretty modern. You can't really put a finger on how old the bikes look. For a bike that's spanned almost 14 years of production and barely had a facelift along the way, i guess that's saying something that it doesn't really need a facelift. Look at all the other 400's/250's out there of the same era? Cool

McGee
O RLY?

WTH Look at the 2002 zxr 250 in the usa :

https://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/1d/86/4c_1.JPG

Thats an 2002 and they still look like that Mad in 2005 >.<

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:08 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
WTH Look at the 2005 zxr 250 in the usa :

Thats a gpz250 (or similar), we have them over here also.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 00:10 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

But here they call it a zxr 250 as well .

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 00:15 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

err nah, get a 400

Seriously tho I'd like a 250, just for a bit of fun. Thumbs Up

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't they call the old ZX-6R G model the ZXR600 too? The septics like to mess about with the designations of their bike purely to confuse us.

My bike's standard, has a stainless steel aftermarket system whci sounded good and it likes to roar. The suspension didn't feel rock hard when i tested it and it didn't feel underdamped. So i guess it's sorted. It handled well and it pulled cleanly.

The only niggles with the bike were its cosmetics. Furring and rust in the occasional place, but nothing new washers and elbow grease and emery cloth couldn't remove.

These bikes are rarer than their 400 sibling's but i was willing to go for it because it was cheaper to run (excluding parts and parts availability which is comparable to some italian bikes) and the fact that the current owner had guaranteed me a reliable kwak importer. Groovearmarda, gimme a p/m sometime to let me know how you're bike's doing. I've also taken the liberty to download the maintenance manual for it so anybody can know what they're doing.

Last edited by The Tot on 09:15 - 10 Oct 2005; edited 1 time in total

Vespa
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:27 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Vespa on 15:18 - 02 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:46 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike mate Thumbs Up

100 mile trip in 1 hour 40 mins, i thought this was good going it takes about 1 hour 30 mins here to get from belfast to enniskillen and thats only 80 miles.

R4nger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:

*Takes in a deep breath*

Actually... it is a Kawasaki GPX 250. Commonly known in the USA as a Kawasaki Ninja 250 because Kawasaki thought the name would appeal to the US market. It has the same engine as a ZZR250... well pretty much the same bike barring the frame and fairings and a few bits here and there. It is also known as a Kawasaki EX250. Most UK GPX's that I have seen are mostly around 1989 but are still being sold in the USA!

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 02:29 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Kinda clears it up, but why keep such a ghey design Rolling Eyes

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 13:59 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a competitive market so need to be good

RobB
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:17 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice new bike Titz. I like the look of that a lot. Thumbs Up

If you'll excuse my obvious pun, I hope you thrash the Titz off it Laughing

Means you'll have to find a new excuse for not being able to keep up though. How does it sound when you killswitch it? Wink

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:02 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titz,

Can I have a go (before it goes pop! Wink)?

I have a TZR250 and I've ridden Lauras CBR250. I fancy a go on a GSXR250 if someone has one too... Thumbs Up Smile

[edit] I realise the FZR250 is the equivalent bike and they are all old, plus there are very few newer ZXR's out there, and the gixxer revs to 21k Shocked .

I'd also like a go on an NSR250 and an RGV250. KR1S's all went pop a while ago Wink [edit]

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 16:26 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vespa wrote:
Damn you, Titz! For a moment there you got me excited, I thought I wasn't the only member whose into bondage.

Don't worry, you aren't.

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Mark, course you can have a go Wink. It has a new engine which is 6000 miles old because a dumb mechanic who didn't know how to work with this engine fucked it up when doing the valve clearance checks so consequently got a new engine put in. This has been guaranteed to me by the owner. So, i guess i'm going to abuse it till it dies at about 20,000 miles, so it has a good 2 years of service left in it. I can honestly say that i fancy making it into a track bike once i have other bikes in my collection. It steers superbly.

I reckon i'm going to keep this bike for longer than my XR because it's a bargain and i think it's a special bike because it's "rare".

Quote:
eans you'll have to find a new excuse for not being able to keep up though. How does it sound when you killswitch it?

Haha, you won't see me doing the ridiculous superman pose any more now would you Wink . Backfires?? Hmm, what's one of those! I would like to hear what a 19,000rpm killswitch backfire would sound like, but i definately won't like to know what's happening to the engine. I've already downloaded the kwak 250 manual and i'm taking stock of what needs to be doing to it sometime soon.

It's now just a long and tedious wait for my XR to be flogged off in 24 hours, and for somebody to offer me a lift to nottingham to pick up the bike, because i hate pubic transport! Embarassed

As an aside, i got a 60 quid refund from my insurers when i updated my policy! Most of that was down to the fact that i now live away from london! Razz , So 300 quid for a ZXR250 Thumbs Up Bargain (TPFT was only 160 quid more, but fuck it, i'm a student whose parents are overseas!)

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:

don't knock the 250 ninja!

I had one of those when I was in the states, comfy and light, will hit 100mph and has a 14k redline. It stood up to a year of daily abuse without any problems and even handled a 1000 mile weekend trip to miami. I love those little bikes Smile yellow ones are the fastest.

Obviously its not a rocket, but you can't beat the fun of really being able to use all the power and thrash the daylights out of it. Have fun with the zxr250, I reckon it'll be a great intro to sportsbiking Thumbs Up

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

still waiting for that manual titz Razz Smile Thumbs Up
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 18:16 - 10 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read "ZXR" and was feeling threatened Shocked
Then I read the "250" and "40BHP" bit Wink

I'm still the king 250 Exclamation

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2